Account-Wide Achievements + Rep

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 Next
07/04/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Aiyya
I'm wondering though with things like the Exalted.

I could be wrong, but from what I understand the "counting" achievements are all going to be account wide. So your unique exalted reps will count toward your Exalted title. It's the same thing as dailies on each toon will count toward 2500 dailies and honorable kills on each toon will count towards 100k honorable kills. Exalted reps, following the same logic, will count towards 40 exalted reps. It's mostly an assumption, though. Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm mistaken.
If i was to buy Vial of the Sands for one of my characters, would all of my characters then receive it?
07/09/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Dexxshamy
If i was to buy Vial of the Sands for one of my characters, would all of my characters then receive it?

As per how it works right now, that's a yes.

We have been discussing this issue the last couple of days and we made the call to make the following mounts account-wide:

Traveler's Tundra Mammoth
Grand Expedition Yak
Mechano-Hog
Mekgineer's Chopper
Sandstone Drake
Grand Ice Mammoth
Ice Mammoth
Jeweled Onyx Panther (all color variants)
Cloud Serpents (all color variants)

At this point, the only mounts that are not account-wide are either class specific or rewarded from PVP. We feel like both these types of mounts should still be character specific.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5633973536?page=15#300
I just discovered this info regarding account-bound achievements, and I do like the idea.

I haven't followed the beta news much (I want to jump into MoP fresh), so I do not have a handle on exactly how this change is to work.

However, I am one of those players who enjoys the achievement system as it is, and who tends to attempt to get achievements on as many alts as possible. In fact, over the past few months, as current level content has grown incredibly stale, the pursuit of alt achievements is one of the only reasons I bother to log in at all.

That said, I would hope that the merger of achievements to account-wide status maintains some level of differentiation between account-level achievement completion and character-specific achievement completion.

Ie. Your account has 10,500 achievement points, and all of your characters get the benefits from the completed achievements on that account. But within your account, Character A has 9800 character specific AP, character B has 6500 character specific AP, and so on. You link an achievement and it states when your account completed the achievement, and then when (or if) that specific character has completed that achievement.

Essentially, I hope the new system tracks two sets of achievement points: (1) A-AP, account-wide achievement points, and (2) C-AP, character-specific achievement points. I would think such a system would be an excellent compromise between those players who desire the tangible benefits of achievements (mounts, titles, etc) to be spread to all their characters, while at the same time maintaining the current structure where players may work on individual character AP scores to the extent they desire to do so.

Like I said, the pursuit of character-specific achievement point accumulation is pretty much the only thing that has kept me logging in to WoW over the past 4 months. I would hate to see the character-specific tracking of points eliminated completely, as it would destroy my primary motivation to continue playing WoW once new content has grown stale.
I would like Blizzard to revisit their decision to NOT have account-wide reputation achievements.

First, let me say that i understand why not having account-wide reputation is better for the game. We would all play less if one toon could level current Rep to Exalted yet all of your other toons could reap the reward (gear, items, etc). Maybe Blizzard has other reasons too. For me, I'm sold that they have good reasons why they are not making rep account wide.

However, with MOP coming so soon. I am getting very excited about achievements but unfortunately, my DK is my new main and has very few achievement points (whereas my old main has 11k+ achievement points). I have already ground out 40 plus reps and i do not want to do it again. I am trying now, but frankly it is tedious, boring, and disheartening.

Therefore, I pose two possible solutions.

1) Make the Reputation Achievements themselves account wide. This would ensure that I cannot buy the Exalted boots of Panda on my DK if i have only earned Exalted on my Mage, yet i would have the coveted achievement points on both my DK and Mage.

2)Make all old reputations account wide. In MOP, all Vanilla, BC, Wrath, and Cata reps would instantly adjust to your highest level. I could see ways in which players could take advantage of this and ease the rep grind process, but it's all old rep anyway so, to put it bluntly, who cares.

Blizzard, I have spoken to several people in my circle of friends and for those that care about achievements, we all want the Rep (or at least the achievements for rep) to be account wide. I ask that you reconsider your decision in the interest of player satisfaction.
Can we get confirmation if FoS titles, such as Death's Demise will be account wide? I have yet to see a solid response on this.

*fingers crossed for an answer*

(Edit: so excited, I apparently cannot type.)
We don’t want to make reputation account-wide. We think that removes too much of the gameplay of having an alt. Harkening back to the blog, the goal is for players to feel free to play their alts. If you have a cool mount on character A, then that might be an issue. Being exalted on character A so that enchants are easier to buy doesn’t seem like the same issue. (What I mean is, it’s a short step from there to saying character A has better gear so you aren’t going to play B).

We can understand where the desire to have reputations function in this way stems from, however. For this reason faction rep is going to work a little differently in Mists of Pandaria and, we think, will feel better for players with multiple characters.

Actually, it makes me want to play my alts (this one included) even less. I'd not have problems with reputation if tabards would still give reputation in MoP, but since that is not the case, I'll be concentrating on one character and one character alone.
Can we get confirmation if FoS titles, such as Death's Demise will be account wide? I have yet to see a solid response on this.

*fingers crossed for an answer*

(Edit: so excited, I apparently cannot type.)

I don't have official confirmation but I can tell you that some feat of strengths are account-wide on the beta.
If the feat of strength awards something (i.e. a title) then you get that title account-wide.
For example, I have the Insane title on all my toons on the PTR.
If most feat of strengths become account-wide, I'm sure your Death's Demise title will be account-wide because the title is a reward from the achievement.
i still think feat of strength titles need to transfer, i wnat my immortal, deaths demise, hand of adal, etc, all to be account wide. Not like there is associated rep. Nor can i just hop on an alt and say "i'm gonna go get immortal cause i main changed"...

account wide achievements was supposed to in a way be a way to not penalize you to being stuck with one char. if i want to say roll a monk main in MoP, i have to give up SIGNIFIGANT accomplishments because they won't be flagged account bound. I'm pretty much doomed to stay a warrior til the end of game if i want to continue to have the things i earned in past. :\
I usually do not post in the forums, but this could be the single most important 'perk' I care about. I have tons of 85's. As old world, which should be considered 4.3 and earlier, reputation goes, please for the love of everything holy: make it account wide. I do not understand how this will take away from game play. Clearly if I am exulted with Scale of the Sands, I have, imo, played that content quite enough. Now, to get an item or recipe on a different 'character' I have to do it all over again? This is Old World stuff! I understand completely, the need to keep reputation gained during 5.0+ character only, for now.

I am trying to be utterly sincere right now. I am not a role player. I could understand, a little bit, from that perspective of keeping reputation character only. However, I am not a role player. I am a guy sitting at a keyboard. Having lots of fun. Yet this notion of the time played while a certain arrangement of pixels are displayed on a monitor, is to limit what I can purchase/share with an alt is at best just plain silly or at worse - dated.

Having reputation account wide is logical. That would solve the problem of rep mounts anyway. In so much if I actually wanted the mount on an alt I then had the choice of going to the vendor to purchase it.

Anyway, thank you for your time reading my plea to make reputation account wide.

Quill.

P.S. please please please make low level water restore a fixed percent of mana!!!!!!
05/08/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Zarhym
Will this affect reputations associated with mounts? Say my Paladin is exalted with Ramkahen and I bought both mounts. Will I have to be exalted to use these mounts on my other characters?

The best answer right now is we're not sure. We're still discussing some of these details and honestly haven't drawn final conclusions as of yet. So just keep that in mind as you read on.

For Ramkahen, you'll probably just need to buy the mount once by gaining the necessary reputation on one character, in order to unlock it for all characters on your Battle.net account. The challenge comes with the city mounts. If I have a dwarf today, I have to get Exalted Darnassus to buy a nightsaber. But if the nightsabers become account level, then I should probably just make a night elf rather than grind exalted on the dwarf. If that doesn't feel right, we could "fix it" by making the city mounts non-account level. Or we could let them be account level, but make you require the appropriate reputation to use them. If we did THAT, then it might make sense for all faction mounts to require a rep.

But again, the simple answer is we’re not sure yet. :)

Seems like the easy way to get around this would be to require at least one character on the account be exalted with the faction. Using your example, you wouldn't have the Ramkahen mounts without being exalted. This would work with the city mounts as well. Unless one of your characters is exalted with the city, then that city's mounts would not be account wide, irregardless of wether you created a character for that faction. That character could have the mounts, but unless you had someone that was exalted with that city, none of your other characters could have them. Makes sense to me.

One Rep to rule them all!
If blizzard's argument is that people will play more to grind their reputations then they haven't been paying attention. I would play more doing PRODUCTIVE things, such as leveling a profession, doing battlegrounds, and dungeons on the mounts and with the reputations account wide. But if they do it the way they are now I'll have to regrind everything for something I already have on another character. Which pisses me off, I'm not wasting my time for something I already have, so I'm not going to spend my time doing again, THIS GAME GETS REPETITIVE AND DULL VERY QUICKLY and not allowing account wide reputation just makes it that much worse.
I know it doesn't help to just straight up ask for stuff, but please let me throw this out.

The achievement for exalted with all PVP factions?

Don't make me grind that for every alt. I mean, I know you aren't going to hold a gun to my head and force me to do it, but please, flag that as account wide.

That was one tough achievement to get.
I have been trying to find out for sure if a person has one main account and gets another account under the same one will the mounts/achievements be passed between the 2? I hope this doesn't confuse anyone lol cause i'm feeling pretty confused myself.
My husband has a seperate battle.net account with the same last name. What happens if I transfer a character from my battle.net to his? Does he get all of my pets and mounts and/or associated achievements?

Would be interested to know the answer to this.
Deleted because I was misinformed.
Achievement are actually battle.net account bound.

They've stated that the system doesn't actually recognize separate wow licenses. ( http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/05/09/zarhym-clarifies-account-wide-achievements/ )

I thought they worked across all realms? They do in the beta.
i wish my conqueror title was account wide :(
i wish my conqueror title was account wide :(
Please please please make Conqueror account bound. It's such an incredible time sink.
what about those that have 5+ years in, we changed mains so many times that it sucks. A D3 approach would really kick !@#. shared mounts and reps, but maybe not the bank... the other dumb stuff, i understand. but c'mon blizz help out those that have been around since vanila and were hoping this last expansion might help us out, I recently spoke to someone that said they intended to buy a bot just for reps. there are so many reps now for those of us that actually care about everything in the game, i'd hate to see that german co make something new to help them out and screw the game..