Question about Achievement

General Discussion
Just a question to clarify with the world event achievements.

I understand What a Long Strange Trip works this way, but as it's a meta, does that make the metas that is encompasses regular?

As in, if I complete say I complete the achievement With a Little Helper from My Friends on this toon, but every other Winter Feil achievement on my other toon.

Will I be granted the meta of Merrymaker, or because it's part of WALSTIB, will it not count?
Heres another 2 questions for clarifcation to make sure I get this 100% straight.

Character A has 45 exalted reps and the assocaited achievement. If Character B in MoP gets 5 more unique reps to exhalted will it trigger the toast and points for the 50 exhalted?

Character A has an achievement for learning 200 unique cooking recipes through Cataclysm. Will Character B get a toast and achievement for the 250 mark if it learns 50 unique cooking recipes from MoP?
Let’s consider Loremaster of Kalimdor.

• Character A completes Ashenvale Quests for a toast and 10 points.
  • If Character B then completes Ashenvale Quests, they will get the toast, but not 10 more points. (It is NOT a new achievement for the account.)
  • If Character B then completes Felwood Quests, he gets a toast and 10 points. (It is a new achievement for the account.)
  • If Character A never completes Felwood Quests, he will not get a toast, but the achievement will show that the account has the achievement. (It is NOT a new achievement for the account.)
  • Loremaster of Kalimdor is a meta achievement, so it is account only. If we assume that Character A complete half of the Kalimdor quest achievements and Character B completes the other half, then Loremaster of Kalimdor will give a toast for whichever character is logged on at the time. The account will get 10 points.
  • Any new characters will continue to get toasts (but not points) for doing Felwood Quests or whatever, but . No character on that account will ever see a toast for Loremaster of Kalimdor again.

This sounds more confusing than it is. In the Achiement UI, you will see normal achievements (which are now shared) and account-only achievements, which use a different color and symbol to indicate that you can only get them once.

That's a lot of toast.

You can't have too much toast

• If Character B then completes Ashenvale Quests, they will get the toast, but not 10 more points. (It is NOT a new achievement for the account.)
  • If Character B then completes Felwood Quests, he gets a toast and 10 points. (It is a new achievement for the account.)
  • If Character A never completes Felwood Quests, he will not get a toast, but the achievement will show that the account has the achievement. (It is NOT a new achievement for the account.)
  • Loremaster of Kalimdor is a meta achievement, so it is account only. If we assume that Character A complete half of the Kalimdor quest achievements and Character B completes the other half, then Loremaster of Kalimdor will give a toast for whichever character is logged on at the time. The account will get 10 points.
  • Any new characters will continue to get toasts (but not points) for doing Felwood Quests or whatever, but . No character on that account will ever see a toast for Loremaster of Kalimdor again.

This sounds more confusing than it is. In the Achiement UI, you will see normal achievements (which are now shared) and account-only achievements, which use a different color and symbol to indicate that you can only get them once.

Ok, so I get that. But will you be able to see which character(s) have done which bits so you can plan to go and get more toast(s)?
There's a good question. Will the titles/tabards/rewards be account-wide as well for stuff like Loremaster?
Is it going to name which character earned the achievement? And if so...how is this going to be handled once live goes? My first thought would be by date...but there are a lot of them that have the same date since so many achievements were earned the day they went live during Wrath.

My hope is that if its decided that character names should be attached to achievements that they will credit to my main and not the unloved alt I spent only 80 hours playing but just so happens to have the same thing. Personally I don't feel they need to include which character(s) earned the achievement but I don't think that is a sentiment shared by the majority this time...I know some people take pride in that so if its going to happen I would prefer credit to the character I care most about.
I like toast.
Going to add a question regarding achieves here rather than start a new post.

In regards to Alliance and/or Horde only achieves, will people be able to earn the points and/or link those achievements should they earn them on another toon?

For example, all of my lvl 85 toons are Alliance. Currently, I cannot earn achievements such as "Azshara Quests" because those quests aren't open to Alliance characters. If I were to create a horde alt and complete the zone quest achieve, would I get the points on my Alliance "main" and be able to link it?

It seems a fairly simple question, but I haven't seen it eluded to yet and I would like to be able to get those achieves now (another new toon...) rather than after I've leveled my current toons to 90 in MoP.

Thanks in advance.
I was all excited that my characters would get their own toast when they got an achieve, which addresses most of my concerns (as long as the statistics page remains character-only as well, you should be able to figure out what your character has done from that).

Unfortunately it looks like my poor Draenei can do all the quests and get all the quest-related achievement pop-ups she wants, but will still never see a toast for loremaster. Too bad.

Thank you for for the information!
05/08/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Adelaide
That's a lot of toast.

Gonna need a lot of butter.

Also, I didn't find it confusing at all.

Character A completes Ashenvale Quests for a toast and 10 points.
If Character B then completes Ashenvale Quests, they will get the toast, but not 10 more points. (It is NOT a new achievement for the account.)
If Character B then completes Felwood Quests, he gets a toast and 10 points. (It is a new achievement for the account.)
If Character A never completes Felwood Quests, he will not get a toast, but the achievement will show that the account has the achievement. (It is NOT a new achievement for the account.)
Loremaster of Kalimdor is a meta achievement, so it is account only. If we assume that Character A complete half of the Kalimdor quest achievements and Character B completes the other half, then Loremaster of Kalimdor will give a toast for whichever character is logged on at the time. The account will get 10 points.
Any new characters will continue to get toasts (but not points) for doing Felwood Quests or whatever, but . No character on that account will ever see a toast for Loremaster of Kalimdor again.

In regards to this specific achievement, which you kindly used as an example, how is this going to affect characters on the same server of different factions? I have two Loremasters, one horde and one alliance. Will the new system show only what my alliance alt achieved (as I finished Loremaster on her first) or will each one still retain separate credit reflected by the different dates?
This isn't confusing at all, and is EXACTLY how I hoped they'd handle this.

LOVE you Blizz for doing this, can't even tell you... been waiting years.

will we get to choose whats on the toast? Im a big fan of peanut butter.
This isn't confusing at all, and is EXACTLY how I hoped they'd handle this.

LOVE you Blizz for doing this, can't even tell you... been waiting years.

05/10/2012 07:34 AMPosted by Jinxette
maybe blizzard should stop posting information that is confusing. and wait till it is more complete. It is way too confusing atm. Which tells me it probably wont go live.

Evidence that it's not confusing to some, but it is to others.. I do think picture examples might solve that though.
I really would like clarification about the "What a Long Strange Trip It's Been" since it does also award 310 flying. I only have this achievement on one toon from back in 2009 and since then I have paid for the 310 flying outright on 1 or 2 characters since then instead of doing this meta achieve all over again.

I would like to know how that works before I go into buying 310 for my other toons. If they won't have 310 but will be able to use the mount, that is ok but I would like to see the price of the 280 and 310 flying drop considerably. Paying 10k for toons to be able to fly at 310 is just crazy and this meta is a pain in the !@#$ to complete for those that hate pvp or just get tired of going through it all on alts.
The word toast has lost all meaning.