Only pulling 15k dps on raid boss?

Death Knight
So, I've been trying to study my class hard and max my DPS and much as possible.

Today, I decided to practice a bit on dummies and after 10 or so attempts I averaged 15k dps.
I don't understand how I'm still hitting such low numbers.

I'll explain my rotation in complete detail. I cast army prepull, outbreak, drop DnD, scourge, two FeS, dump RP, repeat with scourge strikes and FeS whenever runes are up. Use death coil if it procs or while runes are down/about to runecap. after my first DT I stack up RP and cast unholy frenzy along with gargoyle. drop DnD to refresh on cd if I haven't already.

Any tips on how I could improve my dps? (I know I'm not enchanted, I'm waiting to get LFR pieces or something actually worth enchanting..I'm a broke DK)
Or maybe my horrible 900ms latency could be part of the problem..
That's probably not helping. Give us a world of logs if you can even run them.
Unholy needs 0 expertise. And you have an extra 1% hit basically. Thats also not helping.
05/10/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Despicable
Unholy needs 0 expertise. And you have an extra 1% hit basically. Thats also not helping.

Correct, expertise doesn't really help you at all as Unholy.

You could also enchant some of your gear, the 397 cape especially since you're never going to get an upgrade for it during Cataclysm. I understand if you don't want to enchant the 378 gear though, you'll most likely replace it quickly in raid finder anyways.
It doesnt look like you have been playing that toon for long. UH is one of those specs that is really difficult to get the most out of, and i mean the utter most from your gear. As people have said, get that stuff enchanted when you get gear worth enchanting and practice, practice and some more practice.

Once you get confident and its a muscle memory thing you will find your dps will improve. But you will also learn things like not to 'dump' runic power unless you are getting close to capping it, or the next ability will cap it (always having runic power available is crucial) or you have no runes, for example.

But yeah keep practicing it man.

GL
i also only hit like 15k dps and im frost spec and i hv no idea how to raise it cuz apparently its supposeed to be 45 to 50 k

idk if its my rotation or whatvever
Ummm. Your hit and exp both look off..

Check out this site, it might help you a little bit.

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/death-knight/frost/dps-gear-reforging
Umm you now need to be 7.5% on both hit and expertise. He just needs to work on his rotation and he better not clicking his buttons. Everything has to be keybound, you are looking at about 30 keybinds in total (at least) that would include covering a few pet/trinket macros. It takes time and a decent UI I would say, along with practice. It you cant remember all your keybinds start off slow and begin to add more when you feel more comfortable.

You should just go frost for now until you get the hang of the dk class itself. Looking at your history doesn't seem that you have played it for long in a raid setting whatsoever. I came back after a 14 month break and was surprised to see some dks under-performing in my first 2 LFRs, they have way better gear than I did (I guess I really shouldn't have been suprised). I had a rough time when I swapped in unholy at first, it took me about 3 weeks of raiding to get it down completely.
i also only hit like 15k dps and im frost spec and i hv no idea how to raise it cuz apparently its supposeed to be 45 to 50 k

idk if its my rotation or whatvever

I'm gonna hazard a guess here and say it's probably your mix of holy paladin gear, tanking gear and ungemmed/unenchanted items.

Buying blue quality BC gems and agility gems don't count either.

Work on getting a full plate DPS set, gem and enchant properly, then give it a shot.
Are you hitting the raid boss dummy? that's the difference between 30k dps and 15k
I'm fairly certain the raid boss dummy is level 93 now...
This is a necro folks.
09/20/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Chariot
This is a necro folks.
Oh wow, I can't believe I didn't see that...