Possible MoP release date ?

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Hey people,

I've found the release dat of the next X-pack on a site that sells games (link below).
now nothing spectacular maybe but it says :Release Date: 30/09/2012

I don't wanna be annoying 'n such, but i can't help to wonder:

what on earth am i going to do the comming 5 months?
I never took a break from this game (except a couple days for work and to spend time with my family) but i think this might be the first time I will, sorry blizzard but 5 months is way to long.

But look on the bright side of life: What are you going to do the upcomming 5 months?

personaly i'll do Midsummer in WoW (i love that event)
maybe some Diablo3
And because of the summer i'll fill those holes up with surfing (on waves,not the internet)

So, what are you going to do?

Link to site:
http://www.gamehos.com/goods-423-WorldofWarCraftMistsofPandariaAddonEurope.html

Ofcourse it's possible that the date is wrong, don't blaim me for it

Post Scriptum: For the Blizzard employees; I've read your code of conduct and i said nothing about release dates, but if this might violate your code of conduct I'd like to say I wasn't aware of it. or in other words: I come in peace ;)

-Touyi
First: until Blizzard gives a release date, nothing is official. They're guessing.
Second: It's month first, date second. Any other method is unAmerican.
Game shops put release dates on products to drum up pre-orders. They are rarely the actual release date.

I wouldn't take September 30 too seriously, OP.
Its not legit blizz never announces WoW xpac release dates
Most retailers use placeholder dates just to take your money sooner. For example, my friend put a pre-order on Tomb Raider a year before the actual date was announced. The date Gamestop game was off by 5 months.
You do realise that it's just speculation, yes?
Second: It's month first, date second. Any other method is unAmerican

Yeah.
I guess it's lucky that he linked an EU site where that date format is used... like... you know, the rest of the world.
how is there 30months in a year?!?!
If it is in fact the end of September when the xpac launches then I will be on beta playing around, also playing some D3 since I got it free anyways, and will try to see that shiny ball in the sky, I think it's called the sun? in the upcoming months while I wait patiently.
05/10/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Shadowofnigh
International date representation fail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country
05/10/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Shadowofnigh

This kind of date format is actually used by military personnel and other federal agencies. Another that they use is year - month - day (i.e. 2012/05/10) and sometimes even without the dashes =P
While that release date does seem to be fairly realistic to me, I question it's validity simply because Blizzard is traditionally very tight-lipped about release dates, and retailers often make up one that might sound reasonable.

As for what I'll do in the mean time...

Take this golden opportunity to limit my wow playing time a bit more

Try to get a couple more level 85's of classes I haven't gotten there yet

Get my profs maxed, particularly cooking/fishing/archaeology

Also very much looking forward to diablo 3
05/10/2012 06:29 AMPosted by Fanahlia
International date representation fail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country
I was joking >.> <.< Ik its different
September 30th, 2012 is a Sunday, not a Tuesday. Nothing to see here. Troll 0/10
Not for nothing and i know it is just a guess, but i bet that is pretty close. Figure that gives 6 months in beta which is what diablo was out for.
It would be fantastic if that WAS the release date, tho. I get back from my honeymoon a week prior to that date, so I'll have that week to prep for launch, and then spend the first year of my marriage as a panda!

/kung-fu chop
05/10/2012 06:43 AMPosted by Giulianna
September 30th, 2012 is a Sunday, not a Tuesday. Nothing to see here. Troll 0/1

if you says it's a troll you were to lazy to look at the link ^^
Amazon.com usually gives us accurate release date before Blizzard announces it.
It's month first, date second. Any other method is unAmerican.

Just because something is "unAmerican", doesn't mean it's the wrong way to do something.