Make WoW Easier

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Get rid of glyphs, gems and enchants. People are not using them anymore. I don't know if it's out of ignorance, laziness, too cheap, or willingly wanting to be bad. But it's frustrating trying to run 5 mans and getting tanks with none of the above, plus a combination of dps and pvp gear. They cannot and do not survive.

I have 7 level 85 toons (fully gemmed and enchanted), and it just keeps getting harder to grind for justice/valor points. In addition, I like to try to pug a raid or 2 each week, but invariably I see most people missing gems/enchants/glyphs and severely under-performing.

So just do away with them - include the stats in the base for each gear piece.

/end-of-rant
Okay, first thing: how will getting rid of glyphs, gems, and enchants make the game easier in any way? If anything that will make it harder. You say they die without them and you want to get rid of them?

Is farming justice and valor too hard for you? Too bad, others can do it, so can you. Just go with it, this game is easy enough already.
People will still suck almost as much as before. This is hardly a dent.
It's just to give people with enchanting, jewelcrafting and inscription professions something to do.

For DPS and healers, certainly, removing these things from the game would make life easier (other MMOs have followed the same route). There's only one correct way to gem and enchant.

However, tanks can choose to gem stamina or avoidance, so this change would affect high end tanking. Perhaps gems and enchants could be removed, but tanks could have an optional talent or reforge or some other means of swapping around their stamina and mitigation stats.
Gems/enchants are a really good way to tell if people are worth taking to a pug, failing gem checks has saved me hours upon hours when pugging.
I want to say no, but Blizzard has turned WoW into babies first MMO that it's to the point where it would not surprise me if they did get rid of glyphs and gems.

I would feel sorry for the inscriptionists (spelling?) and the jewelcrafters that have to change their professions if they did get tanked.
This thread is going places

05/09/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Poppystick
inscriptionists

scribes
You mean WoW is difficult?

This game is easier than Minecraft.

inscriptionists

scribes

Ah thanks what I typed just didn't feel right, anyway...

05/09/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Kaitelynn
This game is easier than Minecraft.

WoW needs creepers.
how would remivng them improve the playerbase and wow in the long run?
05/09/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Robokapp
how would remivng them improve the playerbase and wow in the long run?

It wouldn't. Then again my opinion doesn't mean much as I'm missing a minor glyph. I just don't care about it.

Now apply how I feel about my minor glyph, to the people you see with zero glyphs. There's your answer.
I run into people who don't use certain abilities ever. Does that mean that we should all have a one button rotation?

I haven't had any problem. Playing with bad/inexperienced/unaware players has forced me to learn what all my classes and specs can do in order to carry a group to success. It's made me a better player. I've had maybe two groups that were a complete lost cause, and the main issue was that those players had queued together so there wasn't any recovering aside from leaving.
05/09/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Asane
Gems/enchants are a really good way to tell if people are worth taking to a pug, failing gem checks has saved me hours upon hours when pugging.

This. We need some way to know who's valuable.
But....YOU have enchants!!!

/HEADASPLODE

scribes

inscribers

INSCRIPTIONOLOGISTIZERS!

On a serious note though: removing gems/enchants/reforges from the game would make the game easier. Players would then need to only worry about getting pieces of gear (much like you do level 1-84). It wouldn't make the player base better in the long run, but it would make the game easier (a few less things required to be done before your raid ready).

But the thing is, gemming, enchanting, and reforging is just one marker for whether or not someone is raid ready. While a GOOD player can go in without gems, enchants, reforges (for the most part. weapon enchant and hit cap are pretty important) and do perfectly fine in a raid (clearly not optimal though), the average player who doesn't have gems/enchants/reforges done right is NOT going to do well in a raid.

And it's because your typical player who is missing gems, enchants, reforges and glyphs just doesn't understand what raiding is all about. Keeping these things in the game leaves an easy indicator for raid leaders like me as to whether or not the player is doing everything they can to be ready to raid before I take him and we waste hours trying to carry him.
I would much prefer if Blizzard designed gear augmentations more akin to the MoP talents if not remove them completely.

As of now, I don't have a choice as to how to gem, reforge or enchant my gear. They don't add another level of enjoyment, they're just chores I have to do every time I get a new piece of gear.
Get rid of glyphs, gems and enchants. People are not using them anymore. I don't know if it's out of ignorance, laziness, too cheap, or willingly wanting to be bad. But it's frustrating trying to run 5 mans and getting tanks with none of the above, plus a combination of dps and pvp gear. They cannot and do not survive.

I have 7 level 85 toons (fully gemmed and enchanted), and it just keeps getting harder to grind for justice/valor points. In addition, I like to try to pug a raid or 2 each week, but invariably I see most people missing gems/enchants/glyphs and severely under-performing.

/end-of-rant

There has already been a version of the game like you're asking for. It was called "classic WoW."

/end-of-rant

No.. BADS don't use them anymore.. it's not an excuse.

If you're in a instance and you're healing a tank with no gems and enchants don't heal them stand far back don't get in combat and let them die.. time after time.
if the all the things you want to get rid of didnt cost 20k, people would do it.