Noob question: how do you get spell hit up?

Rogue
Agility > 8% Melee Hit > Expertise (26) > Haste > 17% Spell Hit > Mastery > Crit

Seen that on noxxic about stat priority and was wondering how do you get the spell hit up? my normal hit is already a bit passed the 8% so do I need to keep stacking more hit?
Use shadowcraft for your reforges.

www.shadowcraft-mmo.com

Never gem into hit.

Some of shadowcraft's suggestions may seem a bit strange at first, such as reforging out of hit on one, and into hit on another (example, of course). What it's doing is maxing out your hit where it needs to be.

Your spell hit and melee hit will not be listed right next to each other. Scroll down to the Spell section of your toon's character window. If you're at 8% hit, you should be at 17% spell hit (or very close to it). But still, use Shadowcraft. It is your friend.
Reforge into hit rating where you can't reforge into haste.

That said, you don't need to hit the spell hit cap as COMBAT by any means.

Also, white hit > crit

Edited because Cloaked is bad bad bad.
While I fully agree you should use the "auto-reforge all" tool at the link Twitçh sent you to, the answer to your question is no. You see it for yourself in the thing you copy/pasted, Kavell: 8% hit is most important, then 26 expertise, then haste, then 17% hit. In that order of priority. Since there is no haste cap, you'll never be in a situation where you "keep stacking" hit. You'll only be reforging into hit over 8% when you don't have the option to reforge into more haste.
You are Combat Spec, 8% is required anything beyond that is bonus. I would focus on capping expertise, you are only at 23. Expertise and haste come before spell hit in order of precedence, chances are you won't have anything left over to stack any spell hit.

This:

That said, you don't need to hit the spell hit cap as assassination by any means.

is totaly wrong. A huge portion of assassination damage comes from poison (= spell damage) you do want to cap spell hit when using Assassination spec. Assassination stat priority goes like this:
Agi>yellow hit>spell hit>mastery>haste>expertise>crit
alrighty, got everything reforged off the shadowcraft site. my spell hit is at 13.87% so far, guess I still need to gear up more to hit it :)
Your hit will come from reforges and some gear that already has hit on it. Just remember not to gem into it.

Gem priorities can be found on noxxic.com. Gems and enchant lists are pretty much all I use noxxic for these days.
05/11/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Blåde
is totaly wrong.
WOW

Cloaked meant to say combat. Cloaked has been answering assassination questions for too long...
05/11/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Cloaked
Cloaked meant to say combat.

I know what you meant, I am just looking out for a large majority of this forums' readers who don't read stickies or do any research on their own and who might read this and take it for gospel. ;)
Cloaked meant to say combat.

I know what you meant, I am just looking out for a large majority of this forums' readers who don't read stickies or do any research on their own and who might read this and take it for gospel. ;)
Yeah, thanks for correcting Cloaked. At least SOMEONE around here knows what they're talking about. >.>

EDIT: Well, just about everyone does except Cloaked. <.<
05/11/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Twitçh
Gem priorities can be found on noxxic.com. Gems and enchant lists are pretty much all I use noxxic for these days.

...but the stickies, shadowcraft, and EJ already cover gems and enchants.
True. Very True. However, I have a lot of alts and having that site up just allows me to switch from class/spec to class/spec.
I still don't trust noxxic farther than I can throw it.

And servers are heavy, so I doubt I could even lift it if I even found it.
05/11/2012 07:44 AMPosted by Twitçh
If you're at 8% hit, you should be at 17% spell hit (or very close to it).

Inaccurate. While each point of hit rating will provide slightly more spell hit % than melee hit %, the difference isn't that big. If you have 8% melee hit (6 from precision + 2 from hit rating), you will have about 8.35% spell hit (6 from precision + 2.35 from hit rating).