The Black Market And Buying Rare Mounts

Achievements
05/12/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Xhaun
Best gold sink ever.

This
I don't agree with this at all, especially tier 3.

Why not just make all gear purchasable, even current raiding gear.

Inb4 snowflake response.
Coming from the low blow I got from Ghostcrawler with the account wide mounts feature incoming, ( I have 8 x swift spectral tigers on my 8 characters ), I've been feeling pain for the last few weeks naturally with so much hard work I did for saving that much gold without scamming people over 7 years of wow going straight down the tube... this one feature of Black money AH appeals to me in the sense that at least we can get mounts and expand our collection without depending on a bunch of others to make time every week for our personal desire / greed.

Two thumbs up for Black Money AH from this noam!
Oh joy another way rich people can have whatever they want. Middle class once again gets nothing, Lfr is the only thing non hardcore players/gold farmers have gotten. so my thoughts on it is GG blizz another useless thing for a casual player.
05/18/2012 04:11 AMPosted by Märtyr
Middle class once again gets nothing, Lfr is the only thing non hardcore players/gold farmers have gotten. so my thoughts on it is GG blizz another useless thing for a casual player.

pet battles... you're welcome

Inb4 snowflake response.

Oh Look Tier 3 was completely removed making it impossible to actually get. I'm not sure if you're being ignorant on purpose or if you didn't see the difference between tier 3 and every other tier. Otherwise let's see why are people asking for tier 3 and for its return?

Inb4 snowflake response.

Oh Look Tier 3 was completely removed making it impossible to actually get. I'm not sure if you're being ignorant on purpose or if you didn't see the difference between tier 3 and every other tier. Otherwise let's see why are people asking for tier 3 and for its return?

I do see different between t3 and uhh.. t7 i think? theyre same model but only recolor. But it just pain me to see old item is coming back no more retired! I have retired .05 tier and seeing all .05 tier dugeon is back on darkmoon ticket, It just... killed little inside of me, ya know? But then it's only game I guess. Nothing much we can do about that. Though I love seeing old school people with unique.
Oh joy another way rich people can have whatever they want. Middle class once again gets nothing,

...you can always tell when it's an election year.
Oh joy another way rich people can have whatever they want. Middle class once again gets nothing, Lfr is the only thing non hardcore players/gold farmers have gotten. so my thoughts on it is GG blizz another useless thing for a casual player.

So wait - I put in 40 hours farming gold in 3 days, and buy a mount off the BMAH.

You put in 40 hours farming gold in 30 days, and buy a mount off the BMAH.

I fail to see where the BMAH caters to anyone?
BMAH may have mounts that you can no longer get so that appeals to those players who werent playing at that time or never got it.. like ZG runs.. years of nothing dropping.
Its good for gold sinks, considering how expensive MoP will be, alot of gold will be spent on just the normal stuff so this is just the extra. Depending on your server you could get some nice mounts for not to bad of a price. On a low pop server you may get really lucky.

You put time and effort (farming etc) or get lucky finding a rare item for gold
or
You put time and effort hoping said mount will drop, and if it does you hope you roll high..

Either way its RNG if the item pops up on your server, and its RNG if it drops for you.
I know alot of people who do runs and flat out pay a price to obtain the mount they want so whats the big deal? There are a few mounts id love to have but my RNG sucks. Come MoP most things could be soloed no problem so why not just do both and hope for the best.

Account wide mounts is the best thing possible, alts seem to get lucky over my mount collector..
Well I am on highly populated server. We have MANY heavy "hitters" aka "whales" call them whatever you want. There's a group of peeps that has been selling heroic rag mount for 75k 3 times a week for the past 3 months and they split the gold among all 9 peeps x 3 times per week (they are doing it on their alts too) now I can't even imagine how much gold that is....

There are people on my server who claim to have 4-6 mill gold.

Those peeps won't give others a chance to get these mounts. I am sure they will buy them as soon as they come on black market....

So if you think you have 100k and going to get yourself a nice looking mount....it's a pocket change
Well I am on highly populated server. We have MANY heavy "hitters" aka "whales" call them whatever you want. There's a group of peeps that has been selling heroic rag mount for 75k 3 times a week for the past 3 months and they split the gold among all 9 peeps x 3 times per week (they are doing it on their alts too) now I can't even imagine how much gold that is....

There are people on my server who claim to have 4-6 mill gold.

Those peeps won't give others a chance to get these mounts. I am sure they will buy them as soon as they come on black market....

So if you think you have 100k and going to get yourself a nice looking mount....it's a pocket change

Any money after 215k is irrelevant to bidding on an item because of the bidding cap, your whales have just as much of a chance at getting something they want as everyone else who has over the bidding cap.
999,999g 99s 99c is the new gold cap, the old gold cap is what you're thinking of maybe ?

If you mean things not being able to be bid on after 200k on beta im sure thats a bug, i sold a soul trader pet to a guy on beta and he had to trade me 200k four times to give me 800k on live he could just do a straight 800k trade.

I know several people with 5+ gold capped characters and if a mount pops up that they really want im sure they will just bid 999,999g 99s 99c and wait for the auction to expire knowing nobody can beat them.

Edit: Spelling.
999,999g 99s 99c is the new gold cap, the old gold cap is wgar you're thinking of maybe ?

If you mean things not being able to be bid on after 200k on beta im sure thats a bug, i sold a soul trader pet to a guy on beta and he had to trade me 200k four times to give me 800k on live he could just do a straight 800k trade.

I know several people with 5+ gold capped characters and if a mount pops up that they really want im sure they will just bid 999,999g 99s 99c and wait for the auction to expire knowing nobody can beat them.

Letha brings up another really good point: with pets being able to be sold, those with really rare pets will make some big $$$. That means those people with multiple gold capped chars will be spreading out some of their gold. This brings up the chance that the BMAH will have even higher competition for rare mounts as there will be a higher number of people with a lot of gold willing to splurge. I see someone with the WoW Collector's Edition pet probably being able to make 500-1mil gold due to the rarity of the pet. That Soul Trader atm has people paying gold cap for one...and there are people on full servers with mega gold. The pet economy will change a lot. Letha knows the deal.

IMO if you are really after something and not rich: wait it out. Sort of the same principle in RL. Competition will eventually decrease as the needs/wants of the consumer are satisfied.
Me personally? I'm just interested to see what, exactly, is going to be offered up for sale. Will we see things like the Collector's Edition pets? Blizzcon mounts/Murloc costume? Soul Trader pet? TCG stuff? Gear from removed content (think Fist weapons, from the ZG raid)? Tabard of the Lightbringer?

All of those would bring the big spenders to the table. Myself included.

05/29/2012 06:25 AMPosted by Elvinna
There's a group of peeps that has been selling heroic rag mount for 75k 3 times a week for the past 3 months and they split the gold among all 9 peeps x 3 times per week (they are doing it on their alts too) now I can't even imagine how much gold that is....

Things must be cheap on your realm; the one guild on Thrall selling H Rag kills is getting 200k per, and last I heard they were booked into July.

Such things won't matter though, really...after all, there is not much difference in:
Player A buys Expensive Item from the black market AH. Player A's gold disappears from the game world.
-and-
Player A pays Player B lots of gold for something. Player B buys Expensive Item from the black market AH. Player B's gold disappears from the game world.

The gold will be swept out of the game economy regardless. It doesn't matter where it goes prior.

05/29/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Huldah
IMO if you are really after something and not rich: wait it out. Sort of the same principle in RL. Competition will eventually decrease as the needs/wants of the consumer are satisfied.

Also, this.
There are a lot of gold sinks coming in Mists (new version of the Tundra mammoth, JC-made panthers, black market AH), but as with every new expansion there will also be new ways to earn crazy amounts of gold.

Player X logs in and sees the phoenix mount up for sale, bids gold cap, wins.
Player Y shrugs, knowing it will come up for auction again at some point, maybe for a lower cost.
Player Z curses their lack of gold, goes back to TK. Mount eventually drops.

All three players are winners. One just gets their trophy a little sooner, is all.
Please make the BMAH worth going to, silly easy to get pets and blood soaked rags i dont need arent worth my time.
Like how this was necroed from 8 months ago. The bmah is worth it if you have the gold and are after rare mounts/heroic gear, if not then it's best to look elsewhere.
5/30/2012
02/17/2013 10:01 AMPosted by Palinck
5/30/2012

ಠoಠ