Unable to establish connection to server

Mobile Bug Report
Post Limit:
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
For the past 2 weeks, ever since the last Armory Update, I have been unable to even launch the app. I am using a Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1, connecting via Wifi. I have used the tool to submit a bu report. Hope it helps and this issue is fixed soon. Let me know if any more information will help. Would love it fixed so I can chat with my guild I these first few weeks of MoP.

Thanks Wilebosk for all you work, keep it up!

Tree.

The issue with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and some Acer models can be resolved by upgrading to the latest 4.0+ OS. We only encounter the crash on these device models if they have 2.0/3..0.
09/20/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Wilebosk
Have either of you two or your guilds on Nemesis and Arthas performed any character re-customizations?

Yes, a couple years ago my main character [Galfurion@Nemesis] was female and had another name, but that was before being transfered to this realm. And I had to change its name again after the transfer as well. It was called Naeros when he as at Lightninghoof.
I know a lot of people are having issues here with the Guild Chat on the armory. I am having the same issues and its only on the Moon Guard server that I am getting this issue. I can connect just fine when I connect to my guild on Malorne, I have the current updated version of it on my Iphone 4s. I know with MoP just released that many things are buggy but any chance I can get some help? This has been going on since the Armory became free and its only not letting me connect on my moon guard guilds.
The weirdest thing just happened. I went to a friend's house and while there, connected to his wifi I managed to finally log into the app after a couple attempts

When I got home and connected to my own wifi I kept receiving the whisp alerts and all, but when I tried to read them the app asked me to log back in. It was logged out the whole time! And now, even thou I cannot log onto the app, every now and then I get the whisps on my phone, even after a complete reinstall of the app and reboot of the phone!

It appears to me that even if I delete the app, some of its data still stick onto the phone. After a complete removal of it and reboot of the phone I re-downloaded the app and guess what?! It didn't ask me for my credentials and tried to log back in. Upon another failure it brought me back to the login screen with my B.Net email field already filled. What is happening?!

While I was able to log in at my friend's, the app crashed every time I went from the whip window back to the guild chat window as well.

That's so frustrating! :(

Now I'm trying to find the correct port forwarding configuration for the mobile armory to give it a final shot.

I was wondering if this error could be caused by a certain DNS server or something like that. I got my DNS servers set up for Unblock-US' and still using an iPhone 4S on iOS 6.
I'm getting the same connection error, what's the updates with this thread?
10/11/2012 10:28 PMPosted by Grahlak
I'm getting the same connection error, what's the updates with this thread?

Connection errors come and go. This error is not related to this thread -- which actually is chalk full of reports unrelated to the original posting of this thread. These recent errors are due to rolling restarts on cross-realms. It's not affecting all realms and should be resolved soon, but if more restarts occur, the obvious result will be a connection error -- which is not a bug.
cant login. saying "Too many attempts"
10/15/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Serato
cant login. saying "Too many attempts"

This is an IP issue. How often does this happen and how long does it persist for?
Any updates? I have never been able to connect to guild chat from my android phone (rezound). I always get a "chat connection error"
Hey Wilebosk, could you please point me towards the official thread on this subject? Or maybe to another post with information on the port forwarding method to make it work? I think my router needs to be tweaked out in order for this to work properly.

Thank you in advance.
Hey Wilebosk, could you please point me towards the official thread on this subject? Or maybe to another post with information on the port forwarding method to make it work? I think my router needs to be tweaked out in order for this to work properly.

Thank you in advance.

Can you describe what you're experiencing?
11/13/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Wilebosk

I can't login on the mobile armory on my iPhone 4s, all updated to the latest versions, under my wifi. I managed to connect just fine under other wifi connections, but under mine it just won't work.
11/14/2012 05:02 AMPosted by Mordomo

I can't login on the mobile armory on my iPhone 4s, all updated to the latest versions, under my wifi. I managed to connect just fine under other wifi connections, but under mine it just won't work.

What message do you see when attempting to login via this WiFi?
11/15/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Wilebosk

Sometimes it says "Unable to stablish connection to server." sometimes it says "Connection Error. If you are connecting via Wi-Fi, the access point you are connecting to may be blocking port 8780." and there is another error that shows every now and then that I don't remember.
11/16/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Mordomo

Sometimes it says "Unable to stablish connection to server." sometimes it says "Connection Error. If you are connecting via Wi-Fi, the access point you are connecting to may be blocking port 8780." and there is another error that shows every now and then that I don't remember.

Same issue here and same advice: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006893543
Noticed the thread is abit old, but the same issue of "Unable to establish a connection" after the phone times out or locks is still occurring :( using an iphone 4S and it was working earlier in the day.
I'm experiencing this issue now myself, recently purchased a JoyTab 9.7 Inch and I only just downloaded the armory app now, and i'm getting the same connection issue when i attempt to use remote guild chat.
Having the same problem. At first I couldn't get into the guild chat and now I am unable
to og in at all.
In using an iPhone 4 iOS 6.1
having the same problems as the some of the above posters, iPhone 3GS, unable to connect to the servers for some reason, either wifi or 3G service
I am unable to connect as well, using android 4.1.2 it keeps timing out either on Wi-Fi 4g, 3g and 2g. pretty sure it's a server issue at this point.