Access Mailbox through a wall

General Discussion
Usually when I notice someone is posting on the auction house for over 13 hours straight without a break, I report them.

Just a tip.
05/14/2012 01:19 AMPosted by Snooptrogg
Also, if you are getting undercut it means you are charging too much. Stop being greedy.

Not really being greedy, if you keep undercutting people a lot, the item drops in value. I've seen it down with glyphs months ago. They were selling for less than the price of the paper. It was worth more to vendor them than to AH them.
UMADBRO? lol
The answer is yes, you should be undercutting. And they will undercut you. And it will go back and forth until one of you decides to jump the price down by more than a few coppers, and the price will reach what other people will think is decent and it will be sold.

And then kittens and puppies will frolic in fields of lavender and joy and happiness will one again spread through the lands.

oh yeah, if you google this question some people have even posted on other forums helpful macro commands, and pictures showing exactly where to stand.

Not to derail, but I have seen you in a few posts now. You are really funny, and you have a good grasp of economics. Thanks for contributing :)
Is it possible they're using Remote Auction House while being online?

I really don't know how it works so that could be a dumb question. Thought I'd throw it out there anyway.
05/14/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Valoren
Perhaps there's a script that allows you to open the mailbox when near it?

I don't know, this might work:

Make this macro: /tar mailbox

Then bind use friendly to a key and see if that works.

I have picked up canal crabs and baby octopuses through things with this method
Edit 2: /script MailFrame:Show()

Confirmed that it works inside SW AH.

Also, just came to mind, there's a spot in the Dalaran sewers where you can access your bank, the mailbox, the auction house and a vendor without moving.

That's it.

Edit: I can't loot items from my mailbox though.
I had no mail so I must admit I didn't try doing anything. There are obviously tons of other scripts that manage all the usual functionality. Perhaps you are limited to using scripts under these conditions.

http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft_API

is where I found the script, in case it helps any further.
If they're one copper under you, and it's at all desirable, all that means is that yours sells second, not first.

Also, just came to mind, there's a spot in the Dalaran sewers where you can access your bank, the mailbox, the auction house and a vendor without moving.

There's an auction house in Dala o_O? (Aside from the engi one).

Perhaps this person IS actually botting? I've searched everywhere and tried playing with the camera and scripts and I can not figure out what she is doing. The character has now been on over 24 hours (from my observations, sadly I've been on a lot during that time). Doesn't look like she's logging anytime soon.

Again, my concern here is not "getting her banned" and whatnot. It's just bugging me, I want to figure out how it's being done lol.
Is it possible they're using Remote Auction House while being online?

I really don't know how it works so that could be a dumb question. Thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

You can't be in-game and use remote auction house to buy items and sell, or view bags at the same time, so no.
Well, I'm intrigued enough to check this out for myself when I get home tonight. If I find anything out I'll surely post back here with an update.

<tinfoilhat>
If you're unable to repeat this yourself despite what sounds like a valiant effort, perhaps this person is using "a certain utility" to bring the mailbox to them and you can't in fact repeat this with standard in-game interaction? Why someone who spent the time to grind out the Insane title would risk it is beyond me, but you truly never know these days. This would surely be a bannable offense if it were to be true.
</tinfoilhat>
You know those walls?

They're not real.
i think your getting a tad paranoid... but if you have an issue just report it the gm's will handle it instead of us armchair gm's lol.
I'd almost think it would HAVE to be a bot, if it is continually relisting and reusing the mailbox without moving (from inside of the building, with the mailbox outside.)

I don't want her banned. I want to learn what she is doing so I can do the SAME THING.

Lols.
I realize this is an old thread but I was trying to do the same thing and the only way I could figure out how to do this is by using Mind Vision on my Priest. I can stand in the spot shown in the screenshot above and was able to access and get items from the mailbox around the corner. I'm not sure this is any more efficient then just walking to the mailbox but it works.

I assume that a Warlock could do the same thing using their Eye of Kilrogg.