Kul'tiras

Story Forum
1 2 3 9 Next
You know it exists.
But why cant we go there. I remember in an old vanilla handbook there were a bunch of random islands off the coast of the Wetlands that you "could" go, but i havent seen them since.

Kul'tiras was one of them.

I wanna go there and do random stuff. But instead, we go to Panda island to rescue struggling brew pubs and fly some kites.

Please tell me some people agree with me and want to go check the old Human kingdom out
The Cataclysm pushed it farther out. Hopefully we'll see it in MoP.
There's been rumors. (The only large bit of evidence is the old Heart of the Aspects background which could just be a quest hub in Pandaria.)
If Blizzard is to be taking for its word, MoP is supposed to be released as a full game in itself, with roughly 4 patches of info already in it, culminating in the Siege of Orgrimmar.

Any patches added would take place after that. They might add a few inbetween patches, like the Return of the Zanadalari, to help bridge content better, but upper level content probably won't come for another year, as I understand it.

So, any content with Kul Tiras would have to come later.

Personally, I would've loved if Kul Tiras and a Darkspear subfaction were used as the major Horde/Alliance factions on Pandaria. They each get their own island, and there can be a pvp naval battle for an island between the two. Kinda like Tol'barad, but with boats.
I would like to see some naval PVP, and naval use in general. just boating around and blowing up enemy ships.

But they should bring Kul'tiras and the other Wetlands island back, i'd love to go explore those areas and see any human V. Forsaken PVP action there.

I mean, Tol Barad was one of them, and they brought it back.
I would like to see some naval PVP, and naval use in general. just boating around and blowing up enemy ships.

But they should bring Kul'tiras and the other Wetlands island back, i'd love to go explore those areas and see any human V. Forsaken PVP action there.

I mean, Tol Barad was one of them, and they brought it back.

A naval based BG would be awesome. I'd love to command ships with people and jump aboard others etc.

Yaaar!
The obvious answer is that they're revamping the zone and it will be introduced in a future expansion in the same fashion as Gilneas, Hyjal, etcetera.
Blizzard said that we would see it before Cata ends. I remember people asking about it right after Cata started and they said that it wouldn't be visible at the start of Cata because it was pushed away but it would be included before the expansion ended. Of course they might have changed their mind.
They've been recovering since being pushed out to sea. They've been building their ships, their troops being engaged with their enemies on the seas (the naga, the kvaldir, pirates in general). They've also been successful in their efforts against these deadly foes. Kul'tiras is a rattlesnake, coiling back & getting ready to strike.

At least I hope. Having another human kingdom who 'oh woe is me, I left the Alliance and now i've been beaten up, can we rejoin and kneel at your feet, Stormwind?' would just be awful.
We'll see Kul'tiras real soon because of what Jaina will go through. Maybe they'll join the Alliance again with insistence from her to help fight the orcs. Jaina epicness is inevitable, maybe she'll go crazy because of her two loves, Arthas and Theramore will be "dead". Maybe she'll try to take back her first home, or a place she was familiar with, Lordaeron, Sylvanas vs Jaina. That would be cool. Think of the lore possibilities.
I think it's worth noting that we've had several zones come out of the mists, areas we thought we would never get to see, and old mysteries unveiled....

Entire quest zones have been revamped during this expansion, I say be patient and it will be wise for those interested to wait.

Blizzard has not been known to be underwhelming when they unveil new quest zones or open up old lore chests.
I think they abandoned the concept along with the water raid.
A naval based BG would be awesome. I'd love to command ships with people and jump aboard others etc.

Yaaar!

This. I know many didn't like vehicles, but I think they're super fun in BGs. And boats are a vehicle WoW needs playable immediately, tbh.
This. I know many didn't like vehicles, but I think they're super fun in BGs.

Like Wintergrasp or Isle of Conquest? Or Strand of the Ancients?
05/17/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Gibbons
Like Wintergrasp or Isle of Conquest? Or Strand of the Ancients?

Strand f the Ancients was Fun and Balanced. Isle of Conquest was very pro-horde, but all the mechanics still made it fun. And Wintergrasp was...meh.

Blizzard needs the experience with the vehicle combat, since it surfaced at later points in LK. I hope it begins to show its shine in Late Cata and in MoP.

05/17/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Knalivas
Maybe she'll try to take back her first home, or a place she was familiar with, Lordaeron

Jaina was actually born and raised in Kul'tiras. her father (i forget his name) was the supreme admiral for the Kingdom. With Theramore going bye-bye soon, she'll most likely screw here hippy peace theories, and turn towards her homeland to protect it.

And the horde can be involved somehow, hopefully some race other than orcs and Undead (who are obviously used the most in WoW.) Maybe BE's decide to take Kul'tiras as a way to say "hey, we exist, and we hate you!"
Daelin Proudmoore

And honestly, it'd probably be the orcs, since the orcs got beat up on by Daelin. Doubt they'd like whoever replaced him or allies with said replacement
Daelin Proudmoore

And honestly, it'd probably be the orcs, since the orcs got beat up on by Daelin. Doubt they'd like whoever replaced him or allies with said replacement

Plus Tol Barad is, in fact, a territory of greater Kul Tiras.

So we've already seen a bit of it in any case, just not the island itself or the capital. Just one of its territories.

And since the Orcs are the ones fighting there it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to push them a few islands over as well.

Either that or the Undead.

The Undead have a stronger naval presence (most of their ships being the sunken vessels of Kul Tiras in the first place) in the area and a greater personal interest in fighting humans.

Just a thought.
Daelin Proudmoore

Plus Tol Barad is, in fact, a territory of greater Kul Tiras.

So we've already seen a bit of it in any case, just not the island itself or the capital. Just one of its territories.

And since the Orcs are the ones fighting there it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to push them a few islands over as well.

Either that or the Undead.

The Undead have a stronger naval presence (most of their ships being the sunken vessels of Kul Tiras in the first place) in the area and a greater personal interest in fighting humans.

Just a thought.
Tol Barad belonged to Stromgarde not Kul Tiras. Kul Tiras began using it as a prison, but it isn't really their territory.
Kul Tiras turns out to be overrun by Scourge who are locked out from the mainland by too much water.

The forces of Kul Tiras are led by Daelin Proudmoore, risen into undeath by a Scourge Lich who he then killed despite being under the Lich King's sway.

With Arthas destroyed and Bolvar's grip substantially less iron, when the Forsaken discover Kul Tiras and its fate, Sylvanas immediately sets out to bring the stranded undead liberation. She frees their minds from the Lich King's domination, thus both bolstering the Forsaken forces and freeing more of the Lich King's slaves.

Then, at the Battle for Theramore, just as the Theramore defenders seem to have too much firepower from the waters to allow the Horde's exclusively land based attack to succeed, a tattered and worn Kul Tiras fleet appears from the mist.

Jaina notices the banners of Kul Tiras and rejoices. However, the ships begin firing upon Theramore, sinking its ships and demolishing its defenses.

Jaina teleports onto the approaching fleet's command ship and comes face to face with her father, now an undead aberration but of free will thanks to Sylvanas.

Daelin scolds her for being a traitor to her blood and attempting to make peace with the Blackbloods. However, he realizes that by a twist of fate, he is now also allied with them, so he offers Jaina the opportunity to join him and raise the banners of the Forsaken over Theramore, thus ending the battle.

Jaina refuses but is too shocked to do anything anymore, so she teleports away with none knowing where she set off to.

The Forsaken Kul Tiras Fleet fully demolishes Theramore with the help of the Horde's ground forces on land and then vanishes back into the mists off the coast.
05/18/2012 11:15 PMPosted by Erthad
Tol Barad belonged to Stromgarde not Kul Tiras. Kul Tiras began using it as a prison, but it isn't really their territory.

What?! Really!?

Kul Tiras stand between Stromgarde and Tol Barad. And Stromgarde didn't even have a navy...

That makes no sense...

Ohh, I just looked it up. Tol Barad was a territory of Stromgarde during the second war. And was sacked and destroyed by the Horde as they crossed the sea.

Afterwards, Kul Tiras settled it and built their prison. So as of now, anyway, it is a territory of Kul Tiras... though they are conspicuously absent despite the fact that the Baradin Warden's should be comprised of Kul Tiras military... among others.

... Also it turns out Tol Barad has been moved... strangely... the WoW map places it much further out to see than it originally was... weird.

Tol Barad is confusing.