Questions #2

New Player Help and Guides
Hi, I previously made a topic with questions that I would like answers for. I would like to ask a few more questions. I am sorry if this is the third question topic and not the second. I can't remember.

1. Lets say I am loosing a fight in a BG and it finishes while I have effects that make me lose health. I gain full health when it ends and when I leave, it says I am losing health but it stays the same or it goes down and back up quickly. Is this normal? Sorry for this 'noob' question.

2. Are duel bets allowed? For example, I bet a guy (how much) I can beat him.

3. Is there anyway to ignore duels from a player if they keep challenging?

4. Can you ask for money and say your going to pay it back and don't? (This has happened to me) (He paid me back a while later because I would only duel if he paid me back). Isn't this your own fault though?

5. If I mine an ore and only pick one item to receive does the ore respawn? Does the item respawn? Does someone have to receive everything (or what's left) for the ore to respawn?

New Question (Edited)
6. Is it possible to create items that aren't at your skill level? For example, a friend sends me a link of his Blacksmithing that is 525/525. (Just wondering)

New Question 2 (Edited)
7. How come in Wintergrasp (BG) sometimes there are quests other times there aren't. Why? Also, when we lost the fortress how come I gained 90 Honour Points? I already received 90 for winning another BG once and we lost. How did I get these points? Isn't it supposed to be 15 Honour Points you receive if you lose?

Thanks in advance!
05/25/2012 04:37 AMPosted by Aross
1. Lets say I am loosing a fight in a BG and it finishes while I have effects that make me lose health. I gain full health when it ends and when I leave, it says I am losing health but it stays the same or it goes down and back up quickly. Is this normal? Sorry for this 'noob' question.

Yes it's normal.

2. Are duel bets allowed? For example, I bet a guy (how much) I can beat him.

I'm not sure that gambling is allowed but I see people making bets on duels occasionally. Keep in mind that if allowed it is an unsupported transaction for sure, so if someone cheats you do not expect to see your gold back.

3. Is there anyway to ignore duels from a player if they keep challenging?

Putting the player on ignore should do it.

4. Can you ask for money and say your going to pay it back and don't?

This is technically a scam and the person could be actioned. However if you are scammed when participating in an unsupported transaction (ie, a duel bet) the gms will in all likelihood not refund your gold.

5. If I mine an ore and only pick one item to receive does the ore respawn? Does the item respawn? Does someone have to receive everything (or what's left) for the ore to respawn?

Um.... I think someone has to completely loot the node before it will despawn, and that it has to be despawned to respawn.... don't quote me on that tho not 100% sure.

6. Is it possible to create items that aren't at your skill level?

No, that's a list of the items he can create. Being able to see that list does not mean you can create them.

7. How come in Wintergrasp (BG) sometimes there are quests other times there aren't.
The blue quests are weekly, and some are based on which position your faction holds at the time. So if you've done them already that week you won't see them, and if you are on offense instead of defense, you won't see them inside the keep. You'll have to go to the offensive position to pick up those quests that are available.

sn't it supposed to be 15 Honour Points you receive if you lose?

That's a random battleground award rate. WG is not a "battleground," it's a world PvP map.
Thanks for your answers.

05/25/2012 05:21 AMPosted by Tkatii
Can you ask for money and say your going to pay it back and don't?

This is technically a scam and the person could be actioned. However if you are scammed when participating in an unsupported transaction (ie, a duel bet) the gms will in all likelihood not refund your gold.

I removed him from friends now, I don't won't to deal with him since you said it was a scam. He may have paid me back but I don't care.

I have some more questions if you don't mind answering or if anyone else doesn't.

8. Is it possible to be somewhere else when the BG finished instead of when you accepted to enter? I don't remember being at Goldshire when I accepted it because I was there when I left the BG.

9. In Wintergrasp (BG) I captured one of the workshops and I was (I think) moved (I think) to the right. Is this normal?

10. I just saw a level 84 with shoulders that had intellect and he was a DK. Would you consider him... a noob?
TK, he don't mess around.

Just a couple things to add, if I may.

Though I'm also not 100% sure, to further support TK's theory, I have run into nodes that had all the ore removed, and the stones remaining were all I was able to gather. This happened a few time right in a row, but it was not recent by any stretch. I do think that the node need to be completely looted in order to despawn, to respawn.

Not directly related to answer seven, but still something to watch our for later, Aross will be quest similar to the weekly quests TK describes. Also marked with a Blue question mark, these quests will be available once a day, and are commonly (fondly?) referred to as dailies.

You will begin to see more and more of these types of quest the higher you progress, until finally they will be abundant at endgame level 85 in Tol Barad and the Fire Land, among others.

Keep those questions coming. We love it :D

edit:grammar fail
05/25/2012 05:58 AMPosted by Xunn
TK don't mess around.

How was he messing around? He helped me. xD
05/25/2012 05:52 AMPosted by Aross
Is it possible to be somewhere else when the BG finished instead of when you accepted to enter?

Unless on a flight path it shouldn't be, sometimes if you are flying though the fp "forgets" where you were going and sets you down at the next stop.

9. In Wintergrasp (BG) I captured one of the workshops and I was (I think) moved (I think) to the right. Is this normal?

Hm....
You're going to have to provide screenshots for me to be sure about that one since it's been ages since I played WG,... there are a number of situations where the game might move you and I seem to remember there being one in WG to make sure people weren't on top of the buildings at the beginning of the battle.

10. I just saw a level 84 with shoulders that had intellect and he was a DK. Would you consider him... a noob?

Lol. Well I would definitely asked him why he was wearing int shoulders.
05/25/2012 06:31 AMPosted by Tkatii
Unless on a flight path it shouldn't be, sometimes if you are flying though the fp "forgets" where you were going and sets you down at the next stop.

I wasn't on a flight path, I was flying with my Gryphon. Doesn't matter anyway.

Hm....
You're going to have to provide screenshots for me to be sure about that one since it's been ages since I played WG,... there are a number of situations where the game might move you and I seem to remember there being one in WG to make sure people weren't on top of the buildings at the beginning of the battle.

I don't have screen shots and it only happened for a split second and I think it corrected itself. It doesn't matter now though.
TK don't mess around.

How was he messing around? He helped me. xD

I was saying that he doesn't mess around. Sorry.

Correct grammar is very important. I have edited the post to reflect my true intentions.

I have also poured myself another cup of joe. It is my hope that both will be helpful.
Two more questions for now.

11. What is the point of Archaeology and where do I learn it? Is it worth learning?

12. I was playing my DK, exited game and decided to quickly check my Warrior. I logged on him and my DK was standing there. (My DK and Warrior ALWAYS log out/exit game same place). Was it because I didn't log out? Does it matter if I do this? Stupid question but why and will I get in trouble for doing this?
05/25/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Aross
11. What is the point of Archaeology and where do I learn it? Is it worth learning?

There are Archaeology Trainers in the major cities. You can ask any of the guards for directions, and they will mark them on your map. There are some really neat RP items to be found with high skill, and a really cool mount, if those are things you might enjoy.

edit: moar grammar, coffee is slow to take affect...
It can also be helpful for leveling, some extra EXP on the side. Plus you get to see the world!

I try to avoid judging people and offering unsolicited "advice," but I might say something if I ended up grouped with him. If he was tank, probably I wouldn't have to because someone would beat me to it, but if he was DPS...maybe if I was the tank. Just whisper him though, no need to announce it in chat IMO.

05/25/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Aross
12. I was playing my DK, exited game and decided to quickly check my Warrior. I logged on him and my DK was standing there. (My DK and Warrior ALWAYS log out/exit game same place). Was it because I didn't log out? Does it matter if I do this? Stupid question but why and will I get in trouble for doing this?

Only way I can think of that happening is if the warrior and DK are on two separate accounts (you'd have to log in with a different name/pass to play each one). If that's the case, it'd called "multiboxing" and totally permissible as long as it's not used to violate the ToS.

But if both toons are on the same account (no separate login necessary, just switching toons on the same server), either it was a weird glitch, or someone else's DK who happened to be standing in the same spot. That's just an initial guess though, I'm not sure what else could cause that to happen.
8. Is it possible to be somewhere else when the BG finished instead of when you accepted to enter? I don't remember being at Goldshire when I accepted it because I was there when I left the BG.

Another possibility is that you were at the Darkmoon Faire, accepted the BG, and the DMF ended during your BG. In this case, you would have been moved to Goldshire at the end of your BG.

Another good reason to learn it up to at least level 75 ( that folks may not have considered yet) is that you get another profession quest at the monthly DMF, which means more tickets for heirloomy goodness.

<S>
05/25/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Drewb
Only way I can think of that happening is if the warrior and DK are on two separate accounts (you'd have to log in with a different name/pass to play each one). If that's the case, it'd called "multiboxing" and totally permissible as long as it's not used to violate the ToS.

They are on the same account. It was a probably a glitch like you said.

05/25/2012 08:47 AMPosted by Sylth
Another possibility is that you were at the Darkmoon Faire, accepted the BG, and the DMF ended during your BG. In this case, you would have been moved to Goldshire at the end of your BG.

I wasn't at the Darkmoon Fair. I must have gone to Goldshire without paying attention because I can't remember accepting the BG there. I was supposed to go to auction and do a daily quest. Ah well. Doesn't matter now.

Thank you all for your responses!
I have some more questions.

13. How come when you enter a shop, or anything with a roof over your head you get dismounted? Sometimes it happens quickly, other times it takes a few seconds. For example, in Warsong Gulch, when you enter your or the enemies hallway it takes a while for you to dismount and your already half way in. (I mean the hallway that sort of bends upwards when going to flag)

14. I don't get Archaeology. My surveys are flashing green yet I can't find anything.
Edit: Don't need to answer this now, I found out that it takes time.
05/25/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Aross
13. How come when you enter a shop, or anything with a roof over your head you get dismounted?

Because it's rude to ride animals inside :P

Lol jk, that's just how the game mechanics work. You can only mount in areas that are considered "outside."

Sometimes it happens quickly, other times it takes a few seconds.
That's your internet connection lagging a bit when it takes a while.

Edit: Don't need to answer this now, I found out that it takes time.

Not sure what you mean by that.... Archeology is like playing hot/cold, when you're green you're close, just have to get to the right spot.
Not sure what you mean by that.... Archeology is like playing hot/cold, when you're green you're close, just have to get to the right spot.

Yeah, that's what I meant. It takes time.

Didn't see this answered definitively anywhere.

It will despawn after one minute. Anyone else can come mine whatever is left for that minute, but after it is either cleared out or left alone, it will despawn. It used to be the case that it would have to be fully mined/herbed before it would despawn. This was changed some time in Wrath when people would leave things on Titanium or Frost Lotus nodes (which were not the most common of ore/herb spawns).
05/25/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Tkatii

But I see everyone walk into shops and they take a while to get dismounted as well. Don't know.
05/25/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Aross

But I see everyone walk into shops and they take a while to get dismounted as well. Don't know.

If EVERYONE does that, then it's likely your internet is lagging. It's supposed to be almost immediately that you get dismounted. The lag interferes with the information you get from the server and thus delays what you actually see on screen. You're not receiving the visual information that they've dismounted right away.
05/25/2012 09:43 PMPosted by Cerylia
If EVERYONE does that, then it's likely your internet is lagging. It's supposed to be almost immediately that you get dismounted. The lag interferes with the information you get from the server and thus delays what you actually see on screen. You're not receiving the visual information that they've dismounted right away.

When I fight, everything seems fine.
I was trying to give an example for Warsong Gulch. Do you know the long hallway that bends upwards that both teams have? You don't get dismounted until your halfway across. (Tell me if you don't understand)

Edit: New Question 15.
15. When I use demoralizing shout, I can use it again.
One demoralizing shout = 10% less damage for 30sec.
Does anything change if I use it twice? One after another? Does it stack to 20% less damage for 60sec?