Razer naga hex side buttons

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Hi all. I just bought the razer naga hex and have been checking out the features. I have some questions about it if any of you own this device. When I am trying to cusomize the mouse the options for the side buttons seem to be limited to the keyboard functions and the mouse functions. Anyone know if there is a way to create new buttons with this? Thanks
06/17/2012 07:04 AMPosted by Darthvixen
i use the original naga, and its thumb buttons can only be set to either emulate the numeric pad keys or the 1234567890-= keyboard keys.

Ok, thanks. I have currently set it to 567890 as I can not reach thoese. It will have to do for now.
06/18/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Jojomojo
i use the original naga, and its thumb buttons can only be set to either emulate the numeric pad keys or the 1234567890-= keyboard keys.

Ok, thanks. I have currently set it to 567890 as I can not reach thoese. It will have to do for now.

I was sitting on the fence whether to buy the Hex or not. I wanted to find a mouse that I could bind to 7-0, as I want to use the 1-6 on my keyboard. I remember that the binds on my old regular Naga were fixed to either the 1-0 on the keyboard or the numpad.

are you sure you are able to use 1-6 on your keyboard and still bind 7-0 on your Hex?

As I play FPS games as well, I would like a blank resting zone for my thumb, the area in the middle is nonclickable right?

If yes to both questions, then i'm definitely getting the mouse, thanks
06/17/2012 07:04 AMPosted by Darthvixen

This is not entirely correct. There is a switch on the bottom that swaps between the numpad and 1234567890-=, but it doesn't end there.

You can also remap the 1234567890-= keys to anything you want in the configurator. I have mine mapped to the F1-12 keys.
i have the Razer Naga Hex and I am enjoying it so much! I would reccommend it to anyone and it is so good for healing in raids.