mop frost pvp build

Mage
Here is why I am psyched for MoP. IMO frost mage will continue to be awesome.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-specification#eb!222222

the build -

level 30: Temporal shield vs ice barrier - I can't decide. Temporal shield would require anticipating a big burst that wont kill you. I think with cold snap - ice block, temporal shield would be redundant.

level 45: If frost jaw shares a DR with deep freeze, I suspect that ice ward will be a better choice for arenas. Talk about a great peeling ability. Frost jaw >> ring of frost IMO. If it DR's with deep freeze (which it should, or talk about OP), I think all 3 of these talents will be useful. This tier feels successful in Blizzard's goal - a tough choice. I tend to favor frost jaw however.

All the other talent choices seem obvious to me, in my under-qualified opinion.

Discuss!

(I was bummed about playing my mage after being forced to spec fire "all mages must be fire hurrr durrr." Blae's success with destro inspired me to stick with the spec i love, frost. Since then I am much more excited about my mage again.).

:P
fire does look sweet too though. combustion stuns now, inferno blast is awesome, fire mage can get cold snap now, and blazing speed is castable.

and alter time. nuff said.

like this? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-specification#eZ!112212
From a PVP stand point:
Keep in mind that Ice Barrier is dispellable and more DPS classes now have offensive dispels.

Also frost jaw I believe shares DRs with other roots.

Frost should be much better for PVE.
I like Ring of Frost having a short cooldown and a HUGE Peeling Potential if used correctly.
06/18/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Pyromatkiz
I like Ring of Frost having a short cooldown and a HUGE Peeling Potential if used correctly.

that's a good point. plus all the old tricks of impact->ring, poly->ring, freeze->ring etc for longer CC chains
Impact doesn't exist anymore - The stun was moved to a 3 second stun attached to combustion. Also, ring now has a cast time.
Ring has a cast time.

But...It doesn't have the three second Colacesing or whatever to charge up.
so you cast it and bam no need to Dragon Breath or Cone them there.
I'd take a cast time for the instant frezee anyday
i will gladly take a cast time and gain instant freeze over that coalescing garbage.

still - it is my feeling the frost jaw will be better. 20 second CD, plus Deep Freeze 30 second CD. That's a lot of stuns. The DR will matter, but having all that on demand stun will be very worth it.

I really hope it goes live like it is. I am super excited about how it looks right now.
Yeah the choices look great it will probably be down to personal prefrence and comp make up etc. Probably will end up switching around like 26 times a day.
level 30: Temporal shield vs ice barrier - I can't decide. Temporal shield would require anticipating a big burst that wont kill you. I think with cold snap - ice block, temporal shield would be redundant.

What i really like about Temporal shield, its usable no matter what. Frozen/feared/stunned/cc'd it doesnt matter and that is a really good thing. Ice barrier will have more uptime, but all things aside, it will depend on the amount absorbed.

If ice barrier absorbs substantially more damage than temporal shield, then ill side with ice barrier and vice versa.

also, level 90 talents, its going to be a pain to choose. If you play something with a strong opening burst i think invocation will be stupidly overpowered. im definitely excited.

also, level 90 talents, its going to be a pain to choose. If you play something with a strong opening burst i think invocation will be stupidly overpowered. im definitely excited.

you mean like invocate right before the gate opens, don't you.

i could see that being pretty sick
you mean like invocate right before the gate opens, don't you.

i could see that being pretty sick

exactly. time it so once the gates open you receive the 30% damage increase and then invis and go blow up some poor soul.
you know, I thought the first tier was a simple choice, take ice floes.

NO!

presence of mind = instant polymorph cast. holy crap that is awesome.

it's a tough choice. POM might be too sexy to pass up.

sorry for sucking last night. I'll get it back