PvPers Slapped With Unnecessary Restriction

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 76 Next
Edit: I hate having to change the title of my thread.

Before, I made a post on my alt before my faction changed updated, about how PvP mounts would not be account wide, yet, all PvE ones were. In this thread, it was mostly speculation about which PvP mounts exactly, Glad mounts or all.

Now there is official info that none of the PvP mounts will be account wide at all.

Ground

Azure Water Strider no longer walks on water in battleground areas.
Black War Steed is no longer Account wide.
Black War Wolf is no longer Account wide.

Blue Shado-Pan Riding Tiger (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Blue Shado-Pan Riding Tiger. 1.5 sec cast. Account wide.
Grand Expedition Yak is now Account wide.
Grand Ice Mammoth is now Account wide.
Green Shado-Pan Riding Tiger (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Green Shado-Pan Riding Tiger. 1.5 sec cast. Account wide.
Ice Mammoth is now Account wide.
Ice Mammoth is now Account wide.
Mechano-Hog is now Account wide.
Mekgineer's Chopper is now Account wide.
Red Shado-Pan Riding Tiger (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Red Shado-Pan Riding Tiger. 1.5 sec cast. Account wide.
Traveler's Tundra Mammoth is now Account wide.
Traveler's Tundra Mammoth is now Account wide.
Vicious War Steed is no longer Account wide.
Vicious War Wolf is no longer Account wide.

I ask Blizz why are PvPers smacked with this restriction but PvErs are not? While they are getting all of their fancy mounts on their mains to use on alts, we PvPers don't have this option. This means more RBGs on more toons, and more honor farming.

I say we should have the same rights as PvErs. The whole point of everything being account wide now was to have it be about the player, not the toon. By restricting us PvPers of this feature you contradict yourselves. We, the players, earned the PvP mounts just like the PvErs.

So please, allow us to take advantage of this as well.

No one is being "slapped" or "smacked" with anything here. The current feeling though is that if you earned a PvP mount on a specific character (class) it was a symbol of your PvP prowess with that particular class. I'm sure you could say that this should (or could) apply to PvE, but I don't think people quite associate these the same.

Feel free to discuss this (constructively) further if you wish, but just know this is not an attempt on our end to treat PvPers badly or to "slap" anyone "in the face". This is more of a nod to your ability with a specific class in PvP.

*Just a quick amendment, I'm reading through the thread and we'll be sure to pass on feedback. I'm not just tossing in an off the cuff statement then running away. ;)
Blizzard has to make silly and arbitrary decisions every now and then or else the playerbase might start thinking they actually aren't out to ruin the game.
The black war steed/wolf are those honor mounts right?

Those should be account wide. You can get those from just doing dungeons (PvE omg).

The other ones I agree with though.
No one is being "slapped" or "smacked" with anything here. The current feeling though is that if you earned a PvP mount on a specific character (class) it was a symbol of your PvP prowess with that particular class. I'm sure you could say that this should (or could) apply to PvE, but I don't think people quite associate these the same.

Feel free to discuss this (constructively) further if you wish, but just know this is not an attempt on our end to treat PvPers badly or to "slap" anyone "in the face". This is more of a nod to your ability with a specific class in PvP.

*Just a quick amendment, I'm reading through the thread and we'll be sure to pass on feedback. I'm not just tossing in an off the cuff statement then running away. ;)

Not that I care about this change, as I'm never switching mains (not to mention Invincible is account wide), but this really makes no sense whatsoever.

Why the distinction between PvP and PvE 'prowess'? Pandora's box has been opened. This kind of selective exclusion based on the nature of the content by which the mount was acquired is just ... silly.

Say you won Mimiron's Head as a Tank in a very progressive guild. Isn't that a nod to your tanking prowess? If you were forced to heal as part of that raid team on another toon, would you be competent enough to justify a raid spot?

Weird.
07/13/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Nethaera

The rbg mounts which can already be given to any character which removes showing anything about any particular character. Also Black War Steed and Black War Wolf are honor mounts those don't show any prowess of anything.
The black war steed/wolf are those honor mounts right?

Those should be account wide. You can get those from just doing dungeons (PvE omg).

The other ones I agree with though.

Totally agree. The only thing that's really shown with the honor mounts is that you've spent a lot of hours farming BGs. They should be account wide.

The Glad mounts and RBG mounts I can accept being character specific.

Also, if I were someone who runs high end PvE content I would be a little miffed at the argument that people don't associate the same level of prowess with a class to PvE as they do with PvP.

The big problem with saying this for the Black War Steed/Wolf (and similar honor mounts) and the Vicious War Steed/Wolf is that... They are in no way an indication of your ability with that character. As has been pointed out, the honor mounts are available if you exclusively PvE via the Justice -> Honor conversion (and even if they were not and had never been, acquiring honor requires zero skill).

The vicious War Steed/Wolf are an even bigger head-scratcher... The items that teach these mounts are already account-bound, and cannot be an indication of prowess on a certain character as a result.

I also can't say I agree with the Gladiator mount decision (the game has changed so much since S1 that someone who was good with a warlock then may be absolutely terrible now -- for example, having lost the major gameplay tactic of 'fear dot dot dot fear dot dot dot' after TBC ended), but the Gladiator mounts at least have an argument to be made for demonstrating some sort of past or present prowess. Perhaps a middle-ground could be reached for which these only become account bound after the end of the expansion they were acquired in?

whether or not the gladiator drakes are a symbol of pvp prowess with that particular class I think that is bogus because you earned gladiator yourself regardless of which class you earned it on your undoubtedly a good player + that does not do any justice for those with retired gladiators who haven't been playing that class for awhile with all the new changes in the game since past seasons a lot of people have changed which classes they like and prefer to play or just got tired of the old class and are trying something new. this PvP prowess you mention is better represented with the rank 1 gladiator titles that're held onto after the season ends unlike the other gladiators,duelists, rivals, and challengers who lose their titles since they didn't obtain rank 1

I fully agree with this notion.

Just because you are excellent at a frost mage, does not mean you'll be excellent at a marks hunter. (this is more so in a pvp perspective than pve for sure).

It's not about the class it's about the player. You shouldn't see someone on a glad mount and think "oh they must be a good mage" you should be thinking "oh the guy is a really good pvper"

There really is no reason to prevent other's from using this new feature because they obtained a different mount through a different way of playing the game.
Well blizz responded to it so either take it or leave it and be done. Plus they have a point, if you earned a pvp mount on say your paladin it showed your dedicated in pvp to earn it and to say you want that mount for another toon without that same commitment is something different. A lot of mounts from the PVE side dont requirement that much of commitment to get so its not that big of a deal.

I do not believe this specific character class thing because what if you got gladiator on a druid as restoration and you never even got good ratings as feral or boomkin yet you can still go boomkin or feral spec and ride that gladiator mount. so whats the difference if the resto druid gladiator lets his rogue ride his gladiator drake because he could play rogue better then he could play feral or boomkin possibly... the whole class specific thing contradicts itself because there are multiple specs on 1 class that're all played completely different. gladiator mounts need to go account wide
The current feeling though is that if you earned a PvP mount on a specific character (class) it was a symbol of your PvP prowess with that particular class.

And yet in the current implementation of the Vicious War Steed and Vicious War Wolf, you can earn the mount on one character and mail it to another because they are account bound. In fact, you can earn more than one with the various levels of the achievement. To then turn around in Mists and adopt this new policy is kind of pointless. These mounts are already on characters that had nothing to do with with earning them. They should not be excluded.

As for the 2000 honor point mounts, anyone with a pulse can earn these. It does not reflect PvP prowess in any capacity, only your ability to find the battleground queue button. In fact, you don't need to PvP at all to obtain these thanks to the justice to honor conversion. They should not be excluded.

The gladiator drakes, however, I can understand being excluded. They're the only instance where "the current feeling" you've stated actually applies.
not letting gladiator mounts go account wide because you earned it on a particular class doesn't make sense to me because you probably only got glad on 1 spec out of the 3 that you have all of which are completely different game play regardless whether it is the same class or not yet you can still ride the gladiator drake on that mount. if they were so serious about the specifics then they would only let you ride the gladiator drake in the spec that you earned gladiator on which imo would be as rediculous as not letting gladiator drakes go account wide please hear me out and I hope its not to late to change this

[quote]Edit: I hate having to change the title of my thread.

Before, I made a post on my alt before my faction changed updated, about how PvP mounts would not be account wide, yet, all PvE ones were. In this thread, it was mostly speculation about which PvP mounts exactly, Glad mounts or all.

Now there is official info that none of the PvP mounts will be account wide at all.

seriously? does that mean that since theres official info that none of the PvP mounts being account wide at all that its not going to happen? this is a huge dissapointment and I think blizzard should reconsider and see what more people have to say before coming to a final decision