Kul Tiras in Mists

Story Forum
Post Limit:
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
Kul'tiras definately provides a new, unique element of storyline that Blizzard could go into great detail with.

Regardless of what might have happened to the kingdom in the time between the 2nd war and the present, im fairly certain that Kul'tiras would either be pro-alliance or completely neutral. Being a human kingdom that was once (or still is, we dont know much of anything about current political stances in the kingdom) a part of the alliance and probly came under some sort of attack from the horde way back when.

So, pro-horde is not really possible. Kul'tiras is definately more naval than ground-based (largely due to it being an island). Theramore is a mix of all kinds because they are from essentially all the kingdoms (as proved when in WC3 orc campaign: you fight armies from bases controled by groups such as Gilneas Brigade and KUL"TIRAS marines
Kul'tiras definately provides a new, unique element of storyline that Blizzard could go into great detail with.

Regardless of what might have happened to the kingdom in the time between the 2nd war and the present, im fairly certain that Kul'tiras would either be pro-alliance or completely neutral. Being a human kingdom that was once (or still is, we dont know much of anything about current political stances in the kingdom) a part of the alliance and probly came under some sort of attack from the horde way back when.

So, pro-horde is not really possible. Kul'tiras is definately more naval than ground-based (largely due to it being an island). Theramore is a mix of all kinds because they are from essentially all the kingdoms (as proved when in WC3 orc campaign: you fight armies from bases controled by groups such as Gilneas Brigade and KUL"TIRAS marines

Yeah Theramore was like the melting pot of the Alliance really. You had Gilneans, Lordaeronians. Kul Tirans, High Elves, and i believe some Dalaran and Stromgarde humans. Who knows maybe even a few Stormwind humans.
07/30/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Gollard
I was a bit confused by this because they never really mentioned her from Theramore and i thought it always said she was incharge of the Stormwind fleets i guess i misread it.

The Grand Admiral is in charge of -all- Alliance naval vessels. Include other kingdoms/states. Jes-Tereth would have command over, for example, Night Elven vessels as well.
07/31/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Kynrind
Are you sure? I c an see her helping coordinate, but I can also see the Night elven vessels answering to Darnassus first, with Teldrassil being an island, they'd need their own fleet helping defend it. A fleet that would not answer to Grand Admiral Jes'Tereth clear over in Stormwind.

Yup. The Grand Admiral controls all Alliance navy, just as the Supreme Allied Commander controls all Alliance military. Doesn't mean that the Grand Admiral doesn't have different people in charge of different fleets. I suspect the Night Elven ships are under the command of a Night Elven Rear Admiral or whatever the right rank would be. That person would still get their orders from Jes-Tereth.
07/29/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Elenie
I'm just saying that adding 'High' in front of king suggests his station will be higher than lesser kings. Personally I'd rather Anduin come of age and be given the crown of Stormwind and Varian accept the station of Supreme Alliance Commander.

High has multiple defitions =)

By that Logic, we could say he's just taller than other kings, that his throne is a greater distance above sea level, or perhaps that he's just under the influence of narcotics.

Presumably the purpose is to give Varian a station equivalent to that of the Horde's Warchief.
07/30/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Gollard
Tandred Proudmoore is correct.... If he is canon. I wish they would come out state if he is or isnt.

It's a safe bet to assume that something or someone only mentioned in the RPG books is non-canon until stated otherwise.
07/31/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Drahliana
Presumably the purpose is to give Varian a station equivalent to that of the Horde's Warchief.

Again, that's only conjecture until further notice. The proper counter to the Horde Warchief would be the Alliance Supreme Allied Commander.
Uuhhh.. I can see Tyrande not letting all of her ships under the Grand Admiral's command. As an island, Teldrassil needs a fleet around it. There would be a coast or naval home guard that answers to Darnassus, not to a Grand Admiral half way across the world. Just as no nation would strip all of it's troops, guards and what not from it's capital cities and other cities and towns to send them elsewhere at some one elses behest. Basically, IF or Darnassuis would not send their guards and leave their homes defenseless if the leader of the Alliance ordered them to send everything.

From my understanding, that's how things work. No GA or SAC would ever -completely- empty another member-state's garrison or naval power. That'd just be inviting that state to leave the Alliance.
The problem i have with Jes-Tereth is that shes almost a nobody compared to how Daelin was. We have yet to see her really do something.
07/31/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Kynrind
It's a damned good thing someone like Garithos is not in charge. He's strip the protection of the Night elves, draenei and worgen in a heartbeat.

Agreed. And the Dwarves/Gnomes.

07/31/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Gollard
The problem i have with Jes-Tereth is that shes almost a nobody compared to how Daelin was. We have yet to see her really do something.

Also agreed. I kind of wonder how someone even gets appointed to the position of S.A.C. or G.A.
07/31/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Elenie
It's a damned good thing someone like Garithos is not in charge. He's strip the protection of the Night elves, draenei and worgen in a heartbeat.

Also agreed. I kind of wonder how someone even gets appointed to the position of S.A.C. or G.A.

Thats a really good question. Another weird thing to. I heard Varian is the leader of the Ironforge/Stormwind Silverhand. A lot of leadership roles in the Alliance are odd and how they appoint a leader. And plus is there even really any lore behind Jes-Tereth?
07/31/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Kynrind

The dwarves would be the most likely to tell him where to stuff those orders to his face. In very blunt terms. The gnomes? As they appear to be ingame, would either get sidetracked or forget/ignore them.

I can see the S.A.C. being appointed by the Alliance and the G.A. as being appointed by the S.A.C.

Its hard to tell at this point since we only had like 2 of each. Daelin was the first Grand Admiral for obvious reasons. He was the best choice for the position since his nation knew everything about the sea. Then we had Lothar as the S.A.C because non of the other kings wanted another king to be in charge of their Army's. Then we had Terenas who was like the top king. Im not so sure who was in charge after Lothar if it was Terenas or Turlayon.
07/31/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Elenie

Didnt he say something smart about the dwarves and drinking? I cant remember.
I've been reading up on this thread, and I know alot of Kul Tiran lore myself, I've ran a guild based around RPing Kul Tiran Marines for several years.

If Blizzard puts Kul Tiras in the game (Which I hope they will) They will do it so that it can provide content, ie- as a daily quest hub where players fight against either Naga, or Bloodsail- with the Horde version of the hub being either the Trolls from Zul'Dare or a Horde Naval.

Blizzard never does player or lore service, (That I wish they would.) And probably wouldn't add Kul Tiras as just another Human Kingdom as it should be, they need to make things as content for people to play.

I would very much like Kul Tiras to be added, and I hope it does- certainly seems like there's plenty of room for it, what with the Alliance loosing ground at sea in MoP.
Expansion 5: Kul Tiras, joins the Alliance, but the humans have undergone a new curse, that turns the humans into Jinyu when they go into combat. Kul Tiras is still playable, and ALLIANCE, but they are no longer merely humans.