The Tank and why I will not Dungeon

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Everytime I've qued for a Random dungeon, I only get parties that want to Race thru the Dungeon, never Stoping for Quests and leaving a ton of loot behind. I find this to not be the way I'd like to play a dungeon. If I'm the Tank and I try to linger, just to experince the dungeon, turn in quests, I get screamed at, yelled at for being slow or just plain vote kicked.

So Now I spend my time in BG's kicking A$$ and never worrying about dungeons. If I need to farm, I'd rather solo a dungeon, so I get to experince the place, love it for what it is not not have to race to finish as fast as possible. Sure I'm still missing a few high level dungeons due to this, but I'll only que as damage to finish them.

I'm just sick of how rude the PvE'ers are when it comes to Randoms and I personally believe that PvP'ers show me more respect, because they can see my skill, while all the PvE'ers only care for the Loot
pvpers dont show you more respect,they just cant find you screwing up a function(not many functions for melee) in the bgs..so they cant be mean to you.
07/03/2012 07:41 AMPosted by Whitehand
I'm the Tank and I try to linger

yep. I'd be asking you to stop lingering too.

turning in/picking up quests, no problem. and anyone who yells at you for this is a jerk. but if you're going slow out of a need to look at the scenery...go go go go go!
your blind to the point making needless remarks, I'm a hell of a tank, you just need to SLOW DOWN and experince the game
If you are the tank then just let them die if they run ahead. Being the tank has always meant you have the power to do what you want in an instance. I doubt you get kicked a lot by just wanting to clear more stuff, as long as you are doing it while holding agro and stuff....

You have to learn to use your leverage as a tank because the time it takes for them to wait for the kick timer, wait for lfd to find a new tank, and then hope the new tank is capable of holding threat, they could have just done what you wanted in less time anyways. (make that known to them if they are giving you !@#$)

Edit: If you are just standing around between pulls, then yeah you need to hurry up. If you are exploring something for the first time or really do want to clear the majority of stuff then you have nothing to worry about.
I must have hurt the PvE'ers with my remarks and you will still suffer long waits because the tanks are quitting
is a tank that doesnt do dungs still a tank?
just a thought.
Honestly, i enter a dungeon to finish it, Not sit around and enjoy the scenery, If i wanted to do that i would go sit on a mountain in icecrown.

If you queue for a group, it means you are ready to run the content, not sit around like a retard.
Honestly, i enter a dungeon to finish it, Not sit around and enjoy the scenery, If i wanted to do that i would go sit on a mountain in icecrown.

If you queue for a group, it means you are ready to run the content, not sit around like a retard.

There's a difference between running the content and running the content at a pace they feel comfortable with. If they take five minutes to enjoy the looks of the entrance to Grim Batol, that's not so good. If they'd rather wait a second or two between pulls, I'm good with it.

If you want to ZOMG race through dungeons, find a tank that likes your pace and queue with them. Otherwise, let the tank slow it down a bit if they want...especially if it's still early in their tanking career. Nothing worse than trying to rush a barely geared tank, especially if the healer is barely geared as well.
your blind to the point making needless remarks, I'm a hell of a tank, you just need to SLOW DOWN and experince the game

Whoa! Lighten up on Earrl a little, please, b/c her point has merit. Maybe your use of the term "linger" was a little generous, but if you really are standing around taking in the scenery and enjoying the ambiance of, say, the Vortex Pinnacle, there does come a point where you are abusing the patience of the other members of the party.

Is there a passive-aggressive strain growing amongst the tanks these days???
leaving a ton of loot behind

all the PvE'ers only care for the Loot

hrm.
More treasure bags for me.
I'm not talking about 5 minutes here or there, just say 10 to 15 secs to finish a quest or to loot the dead bodies. It seems like those who only dungeon leave it all behind until its time for the boss, and then they hit NEED on the item even if the item is not for their toon.

Only saying
is a tank that doesnt do dungs still a tank?
just a thought.

If a man speaks his mind in a forest, and no woman hears him....

is he still wrong?
If a man speaks his mind in a forest, and no woman hears him....

is he still wrong?

yes ;-)
Everytime I've qued for a Random dungeon, I only get parties that want to Race thru the Dungeon, never Stoping for Quests and leaving a ton of loot behind. I find this to not be the way I'd like to play a dungeon. If I'm the Tank and I try to linger, just to experince the dungeon, turn in quests, I get screamed at, yelled at for being slow or just plain vote kicked.

Guild groups are your friend. When i want to stop and smell the roses, I get a guild group together. We take our time, do all the quests, look what we want, stop and check stuff out if we like, and its a grand opportunity to help out some levelling toons, in the guild. win / win
07/03/2012 07:48 AMPosted by Whitehand
I must have hurt the PvE'ers with my remarks and you will still suffer long waits because the tanks are quitting

I am still tanking.
If your tanking spec and gear is anything like your fury spec and gear, I don't think people are exclusively taking issue with your insistence on looting or turning in quests.

07/03/2012 08:08 AMPosted by Scragitty

I am still tanking.

Not on this toon, though.
07/03/2012 07:44 AMPosted by Symphogear
pvpers dont show you more respect,they just cant find you screwing up a function(not many functions for melee) in the bgs..so they cant be mean to you.

Yes they can. They can check the score, and see if you are doing nothing and report you afk.