Ten epic ways to die in WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 10 Next
Try to walk to the Badlands.
From Northern Stranglethorn.
As a newb level 35 Horde.
Alone. Lost. Clueless.
There will be many deaths. And while it may not feel epic at the time, your friends will find epic amusement in the fact that you didn't know any better.

... not that I know this from experience or anything...

LOL! When I read this to my wiff she reminded me of the time before mounts at 20 when you had to run from Sepulcher to Tarren Mill. Apparently, she watched a warrior on his very first run from Sep to Tauren Mill as he managed to take a right when he should have gone on a little further to take the left hand turn. She tried to warn him but he ignored her and merrily ran his way into the guards at Southshore who had no tolerance or mercy on a baby lvl 20 Hordie.
I can't believe no one's said Hellfire yet.

That still kills you, right?
07/05/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Streetkarp
Die to the infamous elevator boss.

^yes

Oh gods... more times than I care to admit to...
I can't believe no one's said Hellfire yet.

That still kills you, right?

Spam lifetap in PvP?
The most epic wipe I've ever seen was in sunken temple (long before it got castrated) in early BC. A couple of friends were running me through with another lowbie. My priest friend jumped off a balcony right into a pack of dragonkin. She then feared the entire pack. The entire pack then ran in all directions, pulling the rest of the room. I stayed up above and watched, was the most epic wipe I've ever seen.
Speaking of Dalaran, my friend and I used to jump off any of the random floating islands in an attempt to make it into the stream way down below. The margin of error from that height is not very forgiving. Back then--and even today--I always got that free-fall "chill" in my stomach.
Playing Bulls Eye from Violet citadel into the well near the bank!

Just go straight across from the top of the tower and try it out!
Once, on a paladin long long ago, on a server far and away from what is now my home, I flagged PVP and ran from an orc warrior. I ran up the Tower of Azora, and JUMPED off. I splatted and died as I was hit by the 60 Orc Warrior. A gnome mage at the bottom /said... "Today's forecast calls for a 100% chance of dead paladins falling from the sky.

LOL

I miss Sargeras...
The favorite game my friends and I used to play when we were bored in dalaran during wrath was to fly just outside the dismount zone and line up over the well outside the horde bank. Then, dismount and try to fall into the well to be ported into the sewers.

The only rule was no going naked, so the losers got huge repair bills not to mention a long res timer from the graveyard.

On top of this, sometimes we'd actually make it in the well, but the port wouldn't go off so there was a stream of cussing on vent on the way back from the graveyard.
07/05/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Crithto
Speaking of Dalaran, my friend and I used to jump off any of the random floating islands in an attempt to make it into the stream way down below. The margin of error from that height is not very forgiving. Back then--and even today--I always got that free-fall "chill" in my stomach.

OMG so do I!!! I get that feeling in my stomach too! I thought i was just weird lol. I still jump from the cliffs of thunderbluff because its awesome to just die from it lol. In fact im going to go do that now...

Haha...good I'm not the only one that gets that feeling in my stomach when in free fall =)
During mid Wrath me and 4 other guildies all tried to got into Zul' Aman and beat it. We were all about level 55.
My friends and I would play a game during BC when I first got Flight Form.

They would park themselves (on their flying mounts of course) in the sky and I would try to fly up high above them, shift out of flight form, buff them, then shift back into flight before hitting the ground. I usually made it.

Man I was bored in BC, lol.
Blinking off of the edge of Hellfire or Netherstorm was always fun. I've heard that you just never land. Not that I've done this or anything trying to get away from some Alliance that were hell bent on making me a mage stain on the ground or anything.

Or how about slow falling off the elevator in BWD and falling into the lava...not that I know anything about that either.

Or the great glitch in Tempest Keep where sometimes, when Kael'thas casts Gravity Lapse, you won't get "caught" and you crater and die from the height and you and your friends just wiped to a level 70 raid boss in your beautiful DS gear. No, that's never happened to me either.

I always get that "falling omg" feeling when I jump off things of a good sizable distance. :(
11. Try to solo Razorgore.

12. Try to solo Thorim.

13. Go afk underwater for around 15 min as a shammy/warlock.

Razorgore has been solo'd.

Think Thorim would be impossible due to that gauntlet, no?

Thorim been solo'd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLW_xQeTMwM