New Sailor Moon Anime!? O_O

Movies, TV and Entertainment
http://www.moon-chase.com/2012/07/breaking-news-new-sailor-moon-anime-to-premiere-around-the-world-in-2013/

I am beyond excited for this.

New Anime Series to premiere around the world in 2013.

According to the original article, it's a "powered-up retelling of the original aimed at older fans."

Life. Complete.
07/06/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Greedi
According to the original article, it's a "powered-up retelling of the original aimed at older fans."

Why am I thinking all the Senshi will be adults now and there comes a time they need to rediscover their henshins? Because it would be frackin' epic that way, that's why.

But the most important question on everyone's lips will be: What about Chibi-Usa?

/spastic flailing & squealing with glee

Well, I'm excited.
07/06/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Varille
Is it really that hard for people to use the english translations?

Senshi v. Scout. Essentially, "Soldier" v. ..."Scout". It's semantics, but important semantics. Using the word Scout back on a.f.s-m's heyday was akin to breaking a Pinkie Pie Promise. You, uh, don't do that. Ever.

This is also making me miss OW! now. I still have the third cast drawing stashed somewhere after the first season wrapped up.
07/07/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Nesune
Is it really that hard for people to use the english translations?

Senshi v. Scout. Essentially, "Soldier" v. ..."Scout". It's semantics, but important semantics. Using the word Scout back on a.f.s-m's heyday was akin to breaking a Pinkie Pie Promise. You, uh, don't do that. Ever.

This is also making me miss OW! now. I still have the third cast drawing stashed somewhere after the first season wrapped up.

Pretty sure he/she was actually referring to the usage of Chibi-Usa rather than Rini.

I personally use Scout, just because I grew up with them as Scouts.
Oh nice lol xD
Awkward. I'm a girl and I've never actually watched Sailor Moon. Maybe I did I just don't remember.

Didn't the show have boys turn into the super girls too? I remember some ruckus caused by that so they had to change it. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.
Awkward. I'm a girl and I've never actually watched Sailor Moon. Maybe I did I just don't remember.

Didn't the show have boys turn into the super girls too? I remember some ruckus caused by that so they had to change it. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

That would be the show.

In a way. Season 5 was never dubbed because of the Sailor Starlights.

In the anime, they were women who magically turned themselves into men so they could masquerade while trying to find their princess. Upon transforming, however, they reverted to their female form. It was insinuated the change to being male was permanent.

In the manga, they simply dressed as men, but were always female.

Sailor Moon's final form was also entirely naked, and eventually, it reached the point where they refused to let the dub do the edits they wished to do to the season, so it was just never dubbed.
Uhhm. Wasn't Sailor Moons final form Eternal Sailor Moon, which was not naked?
07/11/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Ferlion
Uhhm. Wasn't Sailor Moons final form Eternal Sailor Moon, which was not naked?

Final form was a naked angel lady with giant wings.
W-wait.

You're serious? Serious?

Please excuse me while I have a fanspazzing seizure.
My little sister used to watch this, seemed alright.
It was a great show. Funimation had included Sailor Moon on a poll a couple years back as a possible show to be re-dubbed, but the results were never posted. I'm crossing my fingers that they're going to release a re-dub of it next year along with the new Reboot.

I grew up with the english voice acting and it was fine until I watched the Sailor Moon R movie in Japanese first and then the dub. There's just no comparison. The Japanese acting quality is far superior.

I heard the new show is going to be a darker version of the story, which will be good to see. There's a lot of potential in the story for more mature themes.
FORGET SAILOR MOON

THIS NEEDS A REMAKE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUucZVnno0
I can't wait! I marathon the anime every summer. So far in Sailor Moon R. :D