What made you roll a shaman originally?

Shaman
Post Limit:
For me, my 1st tune was a warrior I created (still have him too) . I found playing it quite boring! I looked at the other classes and noticed that shamans can walk om water. I thought that is interesting. So way back in BC days, I created this tune. I tried it out and found I was not bored as I was with my warrior. Now 7 years and multiple 85's later, I have tried all the classes and stilll find shamans the least boring and most fun class!

So whats your story?
i dont really know i started as a warlock kept deleting and remaking then went hunter got bored and thought shaman sounded cool ....best choice ever made :D
When Draenei came out I had to try them. Had a roomie that wanted to heal so we spec healer and elemental. We rocked it in BC. I loved seeing CL crit and just blow people down.

The class has changed a lot but I still find it fun to play over most of the other classes. They have some of the best animation in the game for spells.
07/11/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Nissamen
i dont really know i started as a warlock kept deleting and remaking then went hunter got bored and thought shaman sounded cool ....best choice ever made :D

i did almost the exact same thing. :)
I did a lot of research before i choose shaman. I liked hybrid concept so it was a hard choice between shaman and druid. I picked shaman mainly because druid forms hided gear, feral attack animations not very attractive, moonkin sucked so i went shaman. Loved chain lightning and dual wielding, lava burst, stormstrike. I have 2 shamans at max level now and another level 10 shaman as a bank alt.
Back in March / April of '09, my friends and I were all done with Guild Wars 1 since they announced that there would be no more expansions and GW2 would be years away. So we all turned our attention to WoW and I immediately starting looking for which class came closest to my main back on GW1, a Ritualist. (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ritualist)

They placed down spirits, we place down totems. They hurl lightning bolts like no tomorrow, we hurl light bolts like a Greek god. They could switch from healing to dps, so can we. 'Nuff said.

P.S. I still miss playing my Ritualist to this day. :\
I rolled a shammy to heal back in the day. Little did I know....that I could blow people's faces off with Lava Burst or zap the heck out of mobs. I never went back to healing lol
I loved the look of the t10 armor, and though chain heal looked fun during ICC.
I started my shaman when I started getting interested in lore. I watched some videos about lore of Warcraft and learned quite a bit. After learning about Thrall and how much of a bamf he is, that is what brought me to make a shaman. Thrall was the reason I made it, the reason I actually started using him over my paladin (used to be main toon), I really don't know. When cataclysm hit, my guild needed a backup shaman and I just happened to be there. After 4 patches, im still going strong with him. As for MoP, we will see what happens there and if I stick with him or not.
i rolled one in vanilla because i liked the idea of melee and spells.. and shooting lightning at people. plus i wanted to be horde and it seemed iconic to be a shaman on horde.
07/12/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Kataclyzmik
i rolled one in vanilla because i liked the idea of melee and spells.. and shooting lightning at people. plus i wanted to be horde and it seemed iconic to be a shaman on horde.

more or less. i got bored with my 60 rogue, and just turned that toon into a pvp only toon. rolled shaman because the concept was interesting, and there weren't that many around on my original server. haven't looked back. class will always be my favorite, despite any flaws it might have.
My main in BC was a warrior and at the start of wrath warrior tanking was broken. So I started to level up my then 55 enh shaman. Have used it ever since. With the upcoming changes though gonna reroll to hunter.
I started off with a warrior back in vanilla and played him through most of the expansion. I had a rogue to. I couldnt wrap my play style around a mana user back the. I had tried it a few times but couldnt get into it. Then I took a shot at shamans. One of my friends told me that the melee dps was simialr to what i had been playing. Not to long after that Venetia was made on her current realm and I believe this class is the best in the game.
I tried every single class and i saw a guildy playing enhance and i tried it, it was the only class i could stick to.
Back in BC when there were no Resto Shamans I wanted to heal but wanted to be different than everyone else.
Reincarnation. No lies.

First picking up the game and wanted to be a healer. Had my best friend describe all the classes that could heal to me and I thought the ability to self-rez was REALLY cool. And so Gistwiki was born (as Gistere, but the name change is another story.)
I decided to roll a shaman because a friend of mine and I re-rolled new toons on horde side together and we wanted to go tank / healer combo. Since I already had 3 tanks I decided that I would rather go healer this time.

I already have a Druid and a Paladin at max level (as tanks) and honestly I'm not very drawn to Priests so I decided to go Shaman.

On a side not the reason I rolled a Hunter in the first place is because back in Classic WoW in UBRS the last boss (General Drakk) usually got kited by a hunter while the rest of the 14 people stayed and killed his 2 adds. I saw a hunter do this my first time in and thought it was the coolest thing so I just HAD to roll a hunter JUST to do this one task. :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7s6lP2Bd6w