A new BG: HK farming

Battlegrounds
So Ive been recently farming BGs for HKs and while its fun, it really creates conflict between the people who want to win and those who just want to farm HKs. What if blizzard implemented a new BG, which is solely for HK farming. 40v40 in one room with, no objectives, no time limits, no resources left like in AV, and 5 second spawns. This would obviously never be a call to arms or in the random BG que. Leaving would not give you deserter. I cant see this taking long to design as the room doesn't have to be special. Thoughts?

EDIT for good ideas.
You would spawn in a cave and if you are inside the enemies cave, you do 50% less damage, preventing farming. For bots, sooner or later, most of them will end up in one BG due to people leaving.If you are reported AFK and it goes through, you are unable to join that BG for 30 mins. You do not get honor. This is solely for farming HKs. Nothing else.

Edit 2: Credits to Shelmina
The map has a mountain in the middle with multiple randomly picked GY you can spawn at surrounding it. The further up you get, you get an increasing damage dealt buff. At the bottom, it might be 5%, and at the top it might be 20%. More kills, but harder to survive and gives the map a location of most pvp.
So is this going to give honor?
What about the scrubs who will sit in there and not help?
why no Time limit?

imo it will get quite boring when your in there just pounding on noob alliance or horde members.
[Barkley] Sounds TURRIBLE [/Barkley]

Terrain? Or will this favor ranged over melee? Vice versa. etc.

While I'm sure that tons of people will go in there, I just can't see it being successful. Painfully boring is how it sounds to me.
07/24/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Lïon
imo it will get quite boring when your in there just pounding on noob alliance or horde members.

This never gets old or boring
why no Time limit?

Edited original post to fix the points you bring up. IMO it shouldnt give honor as this is solely for HK farming. And it will get boring, so thats why you dont get deserter ofr leaving.
So them not fighting back? possibly for no honor sounds fun?
It's a good idea, and like he said no deserter, just come and go as you please.
[Barkley] Sounds TURRIBLE [/Barkley]

Terrain? Or will this favor ranged over melee? Vice versa. etc.

While I'm sure that tons of people will go in there, I just can't see it being successful. Painfully boring is how it sounds to me.

Few LoS for ranged to use if they know what to do. Beisdes that, basically a blank map. No deserter so you can join when ever you are bored.
No time limit so if one person leaves, another person joins. This can prevent a 40 man premade farm, and it is like old AV. Days of turtling and people who liked it stay. Time limit also ruins the whole HK farming.
Interesting idea.

why no Time limit?

You can leave at anytime without getting deserter debuff. I would expect that after a while the bots and scrubs to stupid to leave would all end up in a BG together getting farmed by the other team.

5 GYs per side with random spawn locations would prevent GY camping and mix things up a bit. Again if the battle is too one-sided, you can leave without penalty, and requeue.

If you want to add a little more tactical consideration. Make it a king of the mountain style map. The center of the map has a mountain with several plateaus(or a crater with a magical artifact in the middle). You get a damage buff the further up the mountain(deeper in the crater) you are. 5% near the edge, and 25% in the middle. The GYs are arranged in a circle around the mountain(crater) just far enough away that people can get ganked trying to get to the mountain. Also, design the BG map with the kill goal in mind. The BG map will show combat hotspots, so everyone knows where the fighting is taking place. A combat hotspot is any place where one player has dealt damage to another player in the last 30 seconds. The hotspots are color coded and/or sized by damage level. More damage being dealt in an area means larger/brighter hotspot on the map.

Even more interesting might be, you "win" the BG when you hit a certain number(like 100) of honorable kills. You get the reward for winning the BG and get ported out, but the battle continues for everyone else. So if you are on the receiving end of a one-sided curbstomp, it is only a matter of time before your opponents leave the BG. And eventually, everyone who is active in the BG will "win". Gear and skill only determines how long it takes you to get there.

I think you could make into an actual BG worth honor, but either way, it could be fun to have a BG where the whole point is to get kills.
It's so crazy that it might just work

I think that it should give no honor, have no repairs, and just be a completely white box room.

It would be something to do when you are bored, or practice aoeing people.
It's so crazy that it might just work

I think that it should give no honor, have no repairs, and just be a completely white box room.

It would be something to do when you are bored, or practice aoeing people.

It doesnt give honor. I thought about it being completely bare, but it screws over the ranged. It should have 3-5 LoS areas for those who know how to use it.
Isn't something similar being added in Mists? 20v20, person picks up the neutral flag, longer he holds it the more points that team gains, the person who kills him automatically picks up the flag and starts gaining points for their team.

Something like that.

I think a full deathmatch with no objectives other than killing isn't too good of an idea. Killing could be the objective, but it would have to be backed by secondary objectives granting buffs, additional honor, debuffs, whatever.
Interesting idea.

why no Time limit?

You can leave at anytime without getting deserter debuff. I would expect that after a while the bots and scrubs to stupid to leave would all end up in a BG together.

5 GYs per side with random spawn locations would prevent GY camping and mix things up a bit. Again if the battle is too one-sided, you can leave without penalty, and requeue.

If you want to add a little more tactical consideration. Make it a king of the mountain style map. The center of the map has a mountain with several plateaus. You get a higher ground buff the further up the mountain you are(or a crater with a magical artifact in the middle. 5% near the edge, and 25% in the middle. The GYs are arranged in a circle around the mountain. Also, make the BG map with the kill goal in mind. The BG map will show combat hotspots, so everyone knows where the fighting is taking place. A combat hotspot is any place where one player has dealt damage to another player in the last 30 seconds. The hotspots are color coded and/or sized by damage level. More damage being dealt means larger/brighter hotspot on the map.

Even more interesting might be, you "win" the BG when you hit a certain number(like 100) of honorable kills. You get the reward for winning the BG and get ported out, but the battle continues for everyone else. So if you are on the receiving end of a one-sided curbstomp, it is only a matter of time before your opponents leave the BG. And eventually, everyone who is active in the BG will "win". Gear and skill only determines how long it takes you to get there.

I think you could make into an actual BG worth honor, but either way, it could be fun to have a BG where the whole point is to get kills.

I like the king of the hill idea. But maybe, the team who "controls" it (has the most people on it" get the top as a gy, giving easy access to any hotspots like you said.

I like the king of the hill idea. But maybe, the team who "controls" it (has the most people on it" get the top as a gy, giving easy access to any hotspots like you said.

I am going the other way. It would be a valid strategy to pick the "King's" of the hill off one at a time, then choke off their reinforcements, by ganking them as they are trying to get from the GY back to the top of the mountain.
Isn't something similar being added in Mists? 20v20, person picks up the neutral flag, longer he holds it the more points that team gains, the person who kills him automatically picks up the flag and starts gaining points for their team.

Something like that.

I think a full deathmatch with no objectives other than killing isn't too good of an idea. Killing could be the objective, but it would have to be backed by secondary objectives granting buffs, additional honor, debuffs, whatever.

This BG is for HK farming. Havent really looked at the new BGs so im not sure, but the whole point of this BG is one big HK farm. If you get bored, you can leave without deserter. Any other objective just kind of derails the whole theme of the BG.

I am going the other way. It would be a valid strategy to pick the "King's" of the hill off one at a time, then choke off their reinforcements, by ganking them as they are trying to get from the GY back to the top of the mountain.

Could you clarify that idea? What buff would you be getting?

Something like that.

No, that BG originally sounded like an almost exact copy of the Black Garden Warfront from Rifts. I played Black Garden a lot in Rifts, and it is very fast paced, but it is not a straight up frag fest. It was usually more about grabbing the objective then backing up and turtlin/handing it off to allies to keep it safe. Blizz has innovated a lot on the idea since their initial post, so i have no idea exactly how it will play now, but I have a feeling it will be more tactical than what the OP is looking for.

Could you clarify that idea? What buff would you be getting?

The BG is a large circle with 5 horde and 5 alliance graveyards alternating around the edge of the BG. When you die, you go to a random graveyard. The center of the map has a large gently sloped hill. Scatter trees and other LOS breaks around the hill. If you are on the hill, you get a buff to damage dealt(healing is not buffed). Closer to the top, the larger the buff. 5% at the bottom, 25% at the top. So, being in the middle helps you get more kills, but also makes it harder to stay alive.

Also, make the rez timer like 10 seconds or even instant.