Mists of Pandaria Launches Sept. 25

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 13 Next
Woo hoo! 12 days after my birthday!

Can't wait. :D Gonna do a digital pre-order ASAP!
Seriously, bringing up religious holidays is a stupid excuse since both main Christian religions(Eastern Orthodoxy, of which both holidays above are from, and Roman Catholicism) have feast days and holy days, fast days, just about every damned day of the year.In short: shush.

Those aren't major holidays celebrated by a mass number of people. You seriously think they would launch this game on easter or the 4th of july without backlash (don't sass me about whether it's possible because easter is on a sunday and blah blah blah, the point is the significance of the holiday)? They obviously avoided launching on 9/11 and labor day because they felt those were significant enough but the problem here is no one cares because it's a jewish holiday. And again you prove the general apathy towards them but would have your panties in a bunch if it was a holiday you celebrated.
07/25/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Stoutlager
Can't do it then. It would be insensitive:

Those aren't world renowned holidays or tragedies celebrated or acknowledged by a mass number of people. Again, put it on a date you acknowledge and you'd be in a fit.
07/25/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Solipsism
Seriously, bringing up religious holidays is a stupid excuse since both main Christian religions(Eastern Orthodoxy, of which both holidays above are from, and Roman Catholicism) have feast days and holy days, fast days, just about every damned day of the year.In short: shush.

Those aren't major holidays celebrated by a mass number of people. You seriously think they would launch this game on easter or the 4th of july without backlash (don't sass me about whether it's possible because easter is on a sunday and blah blah blah, the point is the significance of the holiday)? They obviously avoided launching on 9/11 and labor day because they felt those were significant enough but the problem here is no one cares because it's a jewish holiday. And again you prove the general apathy towards them but would have your panties in a bunch if it was a holiday you celebrated.

Dude, seriously...If they launched on 4th of July, the vast majority of players wouldn't care - at least people wouldn't have to take a day off work to play on launch day, right? Easter? Christmas? Same deal, good excuse to NOT do family "stuff".
But really, people who follow a religion, then have a QQ about not being able to play a GAME on THE DAY it comes out because it happens to clash with part of their religion? You got problems...It's pretty typical to expect the ENTIRE WORLD to bend over for your particular religion tho. Don't make it a "jewish" thing ("no one cares because it's a jewish holiday"), because that's not true. No one would care if it was on a day that clashed with a whole bunch of other religion's holidays. Stop being such a "special snowflake" and expecting the world to revolve around you and your beliefs...If you can't play the game on release day, that's your choice, don't punish the rest of us with a delayed release just for YOU!

TLDR version: Shoosh, it's not a deliberate slight against the jewish, just be glad that MoP is coming out in Sept!
07/25/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Solipsism
Those aren't world renowned holidays or tragedies celebrated or acknowledged by a mass number of people. Again, put it on a date you acknowledge and you'd be in a fit.

I'm sorry, I don't have fits over the chosen release days of video games.

And again, they aren't releasing in on Yom Kippur. It happens to be the day before. Whether someone chooses not to play as of sundown on Tuesday is purely up to that individual.
Will the physical version of the game come with a code that we can download the game and be able to play just like the digital versions are able to when the game releases? It sucks to miss out on going for realm first achievements just because you had to go to the store to get the collector edition.
Will we be able to gift this by buying the preorders from the Blizzard store?
When are we going to be getting access to the mount and the pet?
07/25/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Dimun
I will be going back to college and won't have time to level to 90 until late December. I really hope blizz rethinks about this and how much money they will lose if they stick with Sept 25th day.

Yes, Blizz, please push the expansion back until December for this one guy so he doesn't screw up his college education.

Jeez.

How are they going to lose money?
07/25/2012 03:48 PMPosted by Fuzzywuzhe
Will the physical version of the game come with a code that we can download the game and be able to play just like the digital versions are able to when the game releases? It sucks to miss out on going for realm first achievements just because you had to go to the store to get the collector edition.

Wouldn't you not get that code until you purchased the physical copy?
yaay! cant wait .. hopefully affliction locks op-ness goes live and i can get gladiator
HOORAY!!!!
Frikkin awesome
YES!!!!

Finally a date! I just hope Best Buy gets it. Usually they have it up by now (CE) but I don't see it there yet and I still do in store P/U

BRING ON DA MISTS!