Rare Spawn's of Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor

General Discussion
Me, and a guild mate of mine where speaking yesterday. We have been going around to get our start on the Lore master's achievements. I know there is Northern Exposure in Northrend and for Outlands Medium Rare. However, I was looking at my Achievements. There are no Achievements for Cataclysm Rare mobs, ore Eastern Kingdoms, and Kalimdor. I would like to see those added to the Rare Spawn Achievements. Or a special Achievements that allow you to get a Murloc pet. Something new and interesting. Even though, for the higher up's they be gray low levels and easily killed.

It was just a suggestion.
speaking of northern exposure, was on my hunter and killed Derk! was just by happenstance that he spawned with me being right there!

Plus this other guy presumably with a NPC scan came flying up but I already downed him! lol Score one for the addonless.
I'd hate this. Rares out in the world should be for loot, not achievements.

I hate getting angry whispers for not announcing a rare spawned before I kill it.
Would be cool. ... Well not because I have already killed so many of them.

Another problem is....Well there are so many of them haha! There are at least 5 in WPL alone, and that goes for each zone....
Fair enough suggestion.
"Rares" in Kalimdor and EK aren't necessarily rare, though. They just don't respawn as quickly as normal mobs.
There's always a bunch of them spawned.

Another problem is....Well there are so many of them haha! There are at least 5 in WPL alone, and that goes for each zone....

they added like a trillion with Cata, and those dudes are almost always up.
you can level just by going around and killing rares. there are so many and they give tons of xp.
07/24/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Garsid
I hate getting angry whispers for not announcing a rare spawned before I kill it.

You're supposed to announce that you are killing a rare spawn?
It was a random thought that popped into my head. That I would find it amusing. True. But if your going to look for Rares, that are gray your loot is less than worth other than killing a chicken.
It would be nice, but likely not happening.

At least it seems to be returning for Mists.
07/24/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Navox

some hunter nerds go wild if you kill a rare that is able to be tamed.
Fair enough suggestion.
"Rares" in Kalimdor and EK aren't necessarily rare, though. They just don't respawn as quickly as normal mobs.
There's always a bunch of them spawned.

Now this person is a rare spawn I would kill.

Well not kill but sort of chill next too and kill anyone who came along and killed him.
07/24/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Velithiene
It was a random thought that popped into my head. That I would find it amusing. True. But if your going to look for Rares, that are gray your loot is less than worth other than killing a chicken.

im not exactly sure what you are saying, but if it is something like- gray rares arent worth killing because of the loot, i disagree.

disenchanting level 50's greens yields some of the most expensive chanting mats in game.
rares drop a green or blue every time.
07/24/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Spiteful

it's a little bit of a jerk thing to do, but I mostly blame blizzard for giving them unique loot and tying their death to an achievement.
Now this person is a rare spawn I would kill.

Well not kill but sort of chill next too and kill anyone who came along and killed him.
I feel so loved..

Lol @ your transmog
I killed a The bat rare near Brill, I didn't get anything but white Items. But, True. You are right.

it's a little bit of a jerk thing to do, but I mostly blame blizzard for giving them unique loot and tying their death to an achievement.

for me to kill a rare?
i cant see how.

am i supposed to /who icecrown every time i see a rare?

if i see a hunter lurking and farming for a rare i know lurks in that area, yeah i will leave it.
but if i see a rare i normally just swoop and kill.

Lol @ your transmog

...Wha....Whats wrong with it?