All dead realms solution

General Discussion
I currently play in Lethon its a realm with not many player (dead realm). So i was thinking Blizzard should merge 2 realms together so one realm can become more populated. Reasons why i think this should happen because I can't even raid in lethon because there isn't enough people that want to raid. Another reason is Rated Battlegrounds there aren't many people that want to do Rated Battlegrounds anymore because of how low populated the realms are. I talked to a Game master about this he said "Post it in the FORUMS and if many players support your idea it may happen". Which i think its a great idea so please support my idea and maybe your realm can be changed or have more players into it. :)
07/26/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Hammerhuman
So i was thinking Blizzard should merge 2 realms together

This is a band-aid fix. Blizz has already started the process of developing systems to fix realm pop issues.
In the next expansion?
How many will be forced to rename their toons because it's already used. How do you decide precedent? Same for Guilds.

Big mess.

Please, no. If anything give an incentive (free or reduced cost) to move to higher pop server (with free name change if necessary). When realm is finally de-populated, close it down.

Or... Give incentive to roll on low-pop realm (free faction/race change), a mount.. something... to get people to fill them up.

Just slamming two together would be bad.
I agree, but the reason for most of the server populations decreasing was the release of diablo 3 and boredom of cataclysm.
I agree, they should merge Darkspear with Cho'Gall.
07/26/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Hammerhuman
In the next expansion?

In the next patch. Cross realm zones will help you meet people from other servers to group with via battletags. This new tech also opens doors for other systems to solve other issues of low pop realms. They are on it :)
07/26/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Aberzombie
Please, no. If anything give an incentive (free or reduced cost) to move to higher pop server (with free name change if necessary). When realm is finally de-populated, close it down

I really don't like to send money on anything else but to play wow that is one of the reasons why i don't move severs, also i am trying to help other people too not only my self

07/26/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Klimpt
From what little bit I've heard, in MoP they are starting cross realm zones.

I really think that its going to be a big cluster of people and that place will be very lagging almost at all times
Haha hi fellow Lethon (er), Yeah I have eight 85's on Lethon and it's bbbbbbb-bad .
Fellow Lethonian. I do wish they would come up with some solution to hell lethon's population rise but I don't necessarily believe a merger is the answer.
07/26/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Hammerhuman
I really think that its going to be a big cluster of people and that place will be very lagging almost at all times

Actually, the system fights laggy zones as well. On launch day, it will make several versions of the starter zones per realm for people to quest in so there is not as much lag and not as much fighting for quest mobs/items.
07/26/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Solaru
Actually, the system fights laggy zones as well. On launch day, it will make several versions of the starter zones per realm for people to quest in so there is not as much lag and not as much fighting for quest mobs/items.

I see well im just trying to make something happen i had no clue about this, because when you play in a low pop realm you go quest for hours without seeing no body or sometimes in storm wind there isn't nobody to be around or when you need something for a jc, bs etc. there isn't any
Dead servers have difficulty raiding because there isn't a pool of quality players to recruit from. If some one leaves the guild for personal reasons, they can't be replaced. These servers do have an advantage though. Since no one is playing there is no competition on quest mobs or for gathering herbs or ore.

Blizz has a fix for this though. With their new cross server technology, players from higher pop servers can drop in to kill the low pop's quest mobs and gather their materials. The current raid tier remains disabled for cross servers.
07/26/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Klimpt
In the next expansion?

yes, in the next expac which is coming out in 2 months.

Blizzard has already stated that logistically, that can't merge two servers.

I think what MIGHT help is offering incentives to people who start new/transfer toons on to low pop realms.

From what little bit I've heard, in MoP they are starting cross realm zones. Which to me is more of a bandaid fix then merging realms. Then again, I am not sure how cross realm zones will work, or how big of a roll they will be playing in MoP.

Please, no. If anything give an incentive (free or reduced cost) to move to higher pop server (with free name change if necessary). When realm is finally de-populated, close it down.

bad idea. The opposite would have to happen. Your suggestion is counter productive. Blizzard would want to breathe new life into dying realms, not cast a death blow.

EDIT: Sorry fellow undead, I didn't read you whole post. The statement below the one I quoted is correct.

So, are we going to be able to have a raid completely full of LEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY's?
07/26/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Sophex
Where is the post that regards this? I'd really LOVE to see it, because this was my biggest worry about leveling a new panda or the new 85-90 quest zones.

Q. What about zones that are already overpopulated, like new race starting zones?
With this technology, we can also flag zones to allow for more than one copy of that zone per realm. Players on that realm will be split among those copies in order to alleviate problems due to overpopulation. Players won’t normally see or interact with those on a different instance of their zone, although joining a party will relocate all party members to a single instance of that zone.
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/222520-cross-realm-zones-introduced/
07/26/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Hammerhuman
In the next expansion?
Right now. You can already do cross-realm pre-Dragon Soul raids. I don't know why they don't allow you to do DS cross-realm yet, but my understanding is that all MoP raids will have cross-realm support. I feel your pain because I'm in the same boat on Sentinels, but at least this situation won't go on forever.
Blizzards dumb "fix" for low pop realms isn't actually doing anything to the real issues a low pop realm has. Finding a few folks to do some quests with is never the problem. The problem is things like the AH, lack of PuGs and the plain lack of community in the cities/realm forums/etc. Adding more people to the world fixes NOTHING other than making it look like they are trying to fix the problem. The only way to really fix the issues is to merge servers which is 100% possible, but it costs money and time, both of with Blizzard doesn't want to use on us. We are the cash cows, who cares if a couple of them die while you are banking on em.