MoP raid releases will be staggered

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 14 15 16 26 Next
If there isnt at least 5-6 bosses to raid week 1 I will be dissapointed. Doesnt seem like to much to ask for I mean we have been waiting 10 months for new raid content making us wait an additional week for 1 reason seems like a slap in the face
I'm interested to know why all these pseudo-casual guilds FORCE people to raid week 1, when they usually argue they don't even follow schedules when they want more lo..... Content.
08/01/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Asanenine
I'm interested to know why all these pseudo-casual guilds FORCE people to raid week 1, when they usually argue they don't even follow schedules when they want more lo..... Content.

I didn't say anything about 'pseudo-casual' guilds forcing people to raid week 1. I'm certain there are guilds out there, be them casual or not, that give away a person's raid spot because they didn't level fast enough, or didn't gear up fast enough. This takes away the pressure (to some degree) put on them to ignore all the content and get to 90 as fast as possible.

Edit: Also, to reiterate what someone said early about having equal footing... I think this is also a big reason they're doing it this way. If a competitive guild has 1 of their raiders who, for whatever reason, can't make it to 90 in the first couple of nights... they're pretty much out of the race for realm first kills. This gives these competitive guilds time to get set up and all start at the same time, creating a true race to realm first.
I didn't say anything about 'pseudo-casual' guilds forcing people to raid week 1. I'm certain there are guilds out there, be them casual or not, that give away a person's raid spot because they didn't level fast enough, or didn't gear up fast enough. This takes away the pressure (to some degree) put on them to ignore all the content and get to 90 as fast as possible.

The week 1 kills I've done for the past 2 expansions have been done with a couple pugs in them, there's usually a couple guilds with enough to really raid, but generally we mash together groups, and by week 2, it's full guild.

This is how I've seen it done for other groups 2, I've never heard of someone losing a raid slot because they took 2 weeks to level, maybe in a progression guild, but if you can't level efficiently in a top 100 guild, you probably don't have the dedication to be a part of that.
Can someone answer this for me please?

I understand that Mogushan Vaults is going to be out a week after the xpac drops, but what about the 2 world bosses? Will those be spawning and killable the week of the xpac?
This is wonderful news, but I wish Blizzard had told us years ago! The release of Cataclysm was a nightmare -- so much rush to level, then a rush to raid right after.

I know Blizzard "doesn't make promises", but that's an excuse, and excuses only go so far before they're just cowardice. Every gaming company should promise never again to do to a player base what Blizzard did at the start of Cataclysm. It's a crime against the entire MMO genre. It burns people out and gives the games a bad name, and it doesn't even net you another dime; you get paid the same whether people play 100 hours a week or 10 or 2.

So yeah. The start of MoP looks good, but we deserve assurances that content will be properly gated. We shouldn't have to hope.
08/01/2012 06:13 PMPosted by Vêx
I understand that Mogushan Vaults is going to be out a week after the xpac drops, but what about the 2 world bosses? Will those be spawning and killable the week of the xpac?

I don't know for certain, but if I had to guess I'd say they will be available. Reason being: they drop LFR equivalent gear (if I'm recalling this correctly).
Can someone answer this for me please?

The world bosses will be available immediately, they're only talking about pushing back the instances.

"There will be two outdoor world bosses, along with the Mogu’shan Vaults raid instance, available when Mists of Pandaria first launches. One idea we’re considering is to delay opening Mogu’shan Vaults until a week or so after the expansion’s release..."

No mention of delaying the world bosses, just the instances.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6813350/
08/01/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Numbasix
What is the reasoning of waiting four weeks as opposed to two or three, four weeks is a long time to wait and doesn't really add to the better pacing that you mentioned in your first post. If anything it detracts from the pacing because of the near one month wait.

It is 6 bosses with 6 heroic modes, I highly doubt they will all be completed in a month, and if they are, only by a very small percentage of the guilds.

The problem is that I am sure the gear is itemized over all three raids while they are not allowing us to touch two of the raids until 4 weeks after the first one is released.

This is nothing more than an attempt to stretch out content over more months so that they can earn even more money from subscribers.

My gut feeling is that the enrage timers of many of the Heroic bosses in the first raid that is released will be impossible without gear from the other two raids that are being withheld from us.
This is wonderful news, but I wish Blizzard had told us years ago! The release of Cataclysm was a nightmare -- so much rush to level, then a rush to raid right after.

I know Blizzard "doesn't make promises", but that's an excuse, and excuses only go so far before they're just cowardice. Every gaming company should promise never again to do to a player base what Blizzard did at the start of Cataclysm. It's a crime against the entire MMO genre. It burns people out and gives the games a bad name, and it doesn't even net you another dime; you get paid the same whether people play 100 hours a week or 10 or 2.

So yeah. The start of MoP looks good, but we deserve assurances that content will be properly gated. We shouldn't have to hope.

That was your choice to rush content.
There is no reason not to have 4-6 normal mode bosses at launch. Of course all the people that do not enjoy power leveling are going to say a delay is good because it does not impact them.

Its like asking a bunch of men if its ok to make it illegal for women to wear shirts
[quote]
October 7: Mogu'shan Vaults (LFR) opens, those who cleared normal Vaults can access heroic mode

Why would LFR and heroic mode start on a Sunday? I assume this is a typo. Can somebody confirm this as a mistake. I would think LFR and heroic mode would start on October 9th for Mogu'Shan Vaults.
08/01/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Ariktu
The problem is that I am sure the gear is itemized over all three raids while they are not allowing us to touch two of the raids until 4 weeks after the first one is released.

No, it isn't.

Mogu'shan Vaults drops 489s (502s on heroic), which you can also get from reputation grinds. Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring drops 496s (509s on heroic). These instances were also tested on the beta with different item level normalization buffs, so the beta testers were in "worse" gear to test Mogu'shan Vaults than they were for Heart of Fear or Terrace of Endless Spring.

Blizzard actually laid everything out in advance to work this way.

On purpose.

08/01/2012 06:29 PMPosted by T@!%#@@
4) I still don't see how delaying FINISHED content is a good thing, ever.

I honestly expect it to increase the longevity of the tier and hold off player burnout for an extra 6 weeks.

PS: Your name is somewhat unfortunate when it comes to quotes. :3
WOW.

Um.

Just realized this means nobody will have any tier for the first month of raiding.

08/01/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Crithto
Raid dungeons Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring are scheduled to be released on normal difficulty four weeks after Mogu'shan Vaults has been opened. ;)

This is going to be damn strange.
Lots of crying up in here from people who have no hope of clearing heroic MV in 4 weeks.

How many guilds would've been ready for "the raid after DS" if it were made available 4 weeks after that was released?

As for not being able to raid for the first 7 days of the expansion... meh. Won't change much in terms of the overall heroic race.
1) If Normal modes are as easy as FLs and DS (which Blizzard said the difficulty would be similar to DS), then we will be able to clear Normal mode HoF in 463 heroic gear easy. Don't use gear as an excuse to delay raiding.

Here is the thing, most people cleared DS in heroic FL gear which was 13 ilvls above what Blizzard intended you to clear normal mode with. Also, most raid groups that cleared it week 1 had legendaries. We are talking about doing normal in gear that is 26 item levels below what Blizzards intends...this is a HUGE difference.
As for not being able to raid for the first 7 days of the expansion... meh. Won't change much in terms of the overall heroic race.

We know that. But why should people be locked out if they want to raid that first 7 days?
We know that. But why should people be locked out if they want to raid that first 7 days?

They shouldn't period. When I'm buying a game that was advertise to have something in it, it better !@#$ing have that something in it.

This comes down to devs being lazy as hell and not being able to do the smaller patches as they originally wanted. Instead they will drag things out with artificial gates created by them.

I might not feel like this if I had something to raid the first week, and no I don't count world bosses as raids. World bosses are guilds fighting other guilds for loot, does nothing but make the community worse and turn against each other. I could maybe understand only having 1 raid at launch, ok I can settle for that. No raids at launch? Not ok.