MoP raid releases will be staggered

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 16 17 18 26 Next
I'm just impressed a Blue is responding.

Thanks!

It wasn't a blue, it was a pug!
Rather than putting a lot of pressure on players by opening up sixteen raid bosses in three separate difficulties upon release of the expansio

Now instead those players you are referring to will have to lvl up loads of raid ready alts off the bat to do multiple normal clears to compete instead. Friggen stupid idea if you ask me.

If you're in a guild that requires you to maintain multiple raid-ready alts, doesn't this gating system make that easier to do to begin with? Mogu'shan hardmodes will also be available to work on.

Although whether that'll take a guild likes yours three weeks, I have no idea.
1 week until MV unlocks - Understandable

4 weeks until the other raids unlock - What?

I am getting flashbacks of ICC already. Get ready for "Hey guys it's Thanksgiving! We don't want people raiding instead of spending time with their families, so these raids will be delayed 2 weeks!"

Even if they aren't delayed, releasing half the first tier a month after the expansion releases is a pretty big slap in the face to all hardcore raiders. I guess Blizzard realizes that they can do whatever they want and the hardcore guilds will keep playing, but this is just stupid for everyone. Who gains anything out of 2 raids being delayed a month? Casuals wouldn't be geared enough to raid it anyway and it just makes hardcore players sit and wait for the artificial progression.

08/01/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Verelyse

I really haven't heard one yet. Please enlighten me.

My pleasure.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?79776-The-Weekly-Marmot-Tier-14-Raid-Delays

IMO, delay pet battles and daily quests for a month. It really detracts from dungeons and the lore and people shouldn't feel forced to do dailies and pet battles to experience WoW.

Why should raider's content be delayed while other people get to enjoy their content?
Didn't Paragon even criticize T11 for being ungated?

I definitely wasn't expecting four weeks between raids, but it doesn't seem completely nonsensical.

THANK YOU!

someone else that recalls paragon (and most top guilds) overall whinning about T11 due to them raiding 24/7 and ending with headaches, then suggesting gating....even when they hated all the gating beforehand in previous expansions (there were even people again from top guilds actually suggesting less bosses in T14 due to that...way to go)
08/02/2012 01:24 AMPosted by Jspicy
IMO, delay pet battles and daily quests for a month. It really detracts from dungeons and the lore and people shouldn't feel forced to do dailies and pet battles to experience WoW.

Or delay dungeons and lore so people get a real feel for collecting poop quests.

Slippery Slope, so we have to take things to that point.
Manage my time for me Blizz!

Give us prizes for staying in a guild a long time, because I can't establish relationships on my own!

I spend too much time raiding so give us less to do!

Take away flying mounts, because I can't make the choice to explore myself!

I wonder what else they'll do to try and hold people's hands through the game.
08/02/2012 01:44 AMPosted by Jorahlol
I wonder what else they'll do to try and hold people's hands through the game.

Give me loot without needing to roll, because I cant decide if it's an upgrade or not.
THANK YOU!

someone else that recalls paragon (and most top guilds) overall whinning about T11 due to them raiding 24/7 and ending with headaches, then suggesting gating....even when they hated all the gating beforehand in previous expansions (there were even people again from top guilds actually suggesting less bosses in T14 due to that...way to go)

I don't mind the gating, I liked the notion of just Vaults out in first week. I just have a bit of a grudge with no raids at all in first week lol. Decent guilds will go alt crazy to max that normal loots in week 2, hard to compete against if many cannot follow that suit, kinda defeating the purpose of "Don't want to put too much pressure on people". I understand that it usually happens when a new tier hits for normal modes anyway, but it pretty much just gives those that are going to do it another week of getting even more alts ready to go to put them in a stronger heroic mode position. I prefer working on new content and raiding when an xpac comes, not lvling 2-3 alts off the bat and waiting to farm one place lots of times for mains! The outcome is nothing much will change but just annoy those who want to raid. Maybe I'm just being too pessimistic lol.

Edit: and force people to stay subscribed longer if they want to actually finish the content lol, which is imo the real underlying reason... $$$$$
I guess its just the usual notion (specially among racing guilds) that if something can be done, then its absolutely mandatory to do it...and they will do it, more power to them, nothing wrong with that as its the way they want to play. Its just that whole T11 debacle, now with the current situation, seems very hypocritical amongst those guilds.
08/02/2012 01:57 AMPosted by Vacken
I guess its just the usual notion (specially among racing guilds) that if something can be done, then its absolutely mandatory to do it...and they will do it, more power to them, nothing wrong with that as its the way they want to play. Its just that whole T11 debacle, now with the current situation, seems very hypocritical amongst those guilds.

What's hypocritical?
Instead of clearing raid week 1, they'll clear it week 2 on 4 alts, and it'll burn them out more.

Also, Those frostbolting arcane mages, aren't going to compete with paragon because of this 1 week period, trying to bring top players down isn't going to work.
To put it in simple terms:
Blizz = welcome to the official beta of MoP on Sept 25th
we're glad you can buy the beta and try out the game for final fixes we intend to put into the game much later. Once all beta testing is over, November 6th, when the LFR of heart of fear and terrace of endless spring comes, enjoy the game and the official launch of MoP.
08/01/2012 10:27 PMPosted by Verelyse
Delaying raids so we can "enjoy the content." Does anyone else aside from myself realize how stupid that is? Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in the world who can call people on their BS.

I think it's one of the smartest things Blizzard's ever done.

Way for subjectivity.

It's entirely understandable why Blizzard gates content. This is of a kind with restricting you to one looting of raids per week. It's an artificial slowing of the rate that players could burn through content.

You can think of this as a way to more evenly distribute boredom.
This announcement that there will be no raid the 1st week of MOP is very disappointing.

I was very much looking forward to taking a day or two off from work leveling/gearing up and then raiding on Saturday/Sunday with my friends. I do not see how people can be overwhelmed by a video game and I feel that this change will hurt a lot of players release experience while not improving any one elses.

Its easy for people who do not look to raid week one to say "Hey no big deal". Because it does not impact them its the equivalent of asking non-smokers if they care if they raise taxes on smokers.

Blizzard should have some compassion for the minority of players that like to raid week 1 and have 5-6 raid bosses available.

Also Heroic versions of Mogu will be available before normal version of the other 2 raids? I have not looked at the gear items levels but this seems akward will Mogu have raiding upgrades once the other 2 raids are out?

I would suggest doing the following if you really want to gate raid content (but honestly it should just all be available week 1)

Sept 25 Ships with Mogu Vaults Open
Oct 2nd Normal Heart of the Fear
October 9th Normal Terrace of Endless Spring
October 16th All Hard Modes

Also consider please that Mogu vaults normal will take strong players what 2-3 hours to clear the first time?
while not improving any one elses.

Mine will be incredibly improved, as far as that matters. I wasn't looking forward at all to leveling, gearing, and raiding all in the same week in the middle of the semester. To me the short delay is brilliant.

Although, as I said before, 4 weeks between Mogu'shan and Heart/Terrace struck me as somewhat long. But at least it'll let us concentrate on the Mogu'shan hardmodes exclusively for a short while.

Also Heroic versions of Mogu will be available before normal version of the other 2 raids? I have not looked at the gear items levels but this seems akward will Mogu have raiding upgrades once the other 2 raids are out?

Mogu'shan is 489 normal, 502 heroic. Heart and Terrace are 496 normal, 509 heroic.

All tier drops are also distributed between the Heart and Terrace instances.

It's pretty obvious that Blizzard designed this from the beginning, both with the differences in item levels and the tip-off that, in terms of lore, Mogu'shan does come before Heart and Terrace by a few weeks.

It seems like this is as much Blizzard trying out their "story driven expansion" technique as it is an actual form of raid gating. Although after T11, they needed to gate this many bosses somehow.

Blizzard should have some compassion for the minority of players that like to raid week 1 and have 5-6 raid bosses available.

At least it's not like ICC. We don't have to wait until the final boss in Terrace to unlock T14 hardmodes.

Also consider please that Mogu vaults normal will take strong players what 2-3 hours to clear the first time?

Conjecture much? ^_^
The more I read this thread the more I amazed. You realize that leveling and gearing up will take probably 3 days at least, possibly more if you want to be decently geared. Not to mention if you want to be fully prepared for raid you are going to have to level professions and cooking. That means at most you will have to wait 4 days to raid. 4 Days!!!!! It is not months, or years, it is 4 days!!!!! And for those of you worried about having enough content in 4 days to complete, Vaults has 6 bosses on both normal and heroics. It is very unlikely that your guild will down vaults on both normal and heroic during this time. I am sure there are a few people from top 10 guilds in here, but I highly doubt more than 1% of the guilds will finish Heroic Vaults in this period (it is very possible that no one will).

Also another side comment, people assume they will steamroll this content like DS, I am highly doubtful of this. Remember tier 11, one thing that makes a normal tier hard is the gear you have coming into it. You will not be overgeared for t14, you will not be 13 ilvls above what Blizzards expects you to have and you will not have any legendary staffs. Will there people who clear the raid the first week, yes, but I would guess if you did heroic madness with a 15% buff or higher, you probably will not be amongst those who clear normal the first week it is out.
@Numbasix
What people are not talking about is how entry tier of MOP will be easier then Cata clearing 6 normal mode bosses the 2nd week of the expansion will be the standard for any one that this change even impacts.

@Verelyse
Just because you dont want to level up and gear up fast does not mean i should not have that option open to me. I find it very Ironic how you will complain about one part not being fast enough and the other part being too fast seems like you want content released to fit your schedule Sorry bro.

@All
All content should be available Week 1 I personally wont clear all of it but people should have the option to play how they like. I am not looking forward to having nothing to raid on sunday afternoon.

@Devs
Call this what it is your trying to stretch out content but honestly we have all waited long enough The claims that Cata would have "more frequent smaller content patches" was a lie.

After being a loyal player for 10 months of no content patches I EXPECT all content to be available to me as soon as possible. Not releasing it for the sake of "not overwhelming people" is a Nanny State I should be able to play the way i want to play.

This announce make also makes me very concerned that the NEXT Content patch after release could be another 10 months I hope this isnt true but thats the impression that i get.
Any of you guys think Blizz is doing this because they are following through on the "more content faster" thing?

We are getting an intro raid to last about a month followed by 2 more raids that will give us another 10 bosses for T14.

Yea, we have to wait a week to see MV and then 4 weeks to see HoF and Terrace, but seriously it is not the end of the world. All of this whining about "I don't care if I can't clear it, I just want it all released together!!" is crazy. Stop looking at this like they are delaying our raids and look at it like they are giving us new content only a month in. People wouldn't be complaining so much if MV had its own tier set and then HoF and Terrace was T15 because its more acceptable then when Blizzard delays introducing new raids?
@Tyrnyx
Waiting an extra week for MV is about as big a deal as being "Over Whelmed" by too many bosses. At least by releasing it a launch you they would be throwing a bone to people that want to have at least a Little raiding content week 1.

@Verelyse
I would be thrilled if I do not kill the first 6 bosses in 2-3 hours but I doubt this is the case.

Is it really that big a deal to just have 1 raid available for people to see and try out week 1?
There is "raiding content" in week 1. We have 2 world bosses that will be up. All delaying MV is doing is putting it in the same time table as the PvP stuff.

Players will still be able to race to 90, gear as much as they can, and then get a random or guild group to try to be the first on the realm to bring down the world bosses. The world bosses are pretty much built for this kind of thing with their new loot system and the fact that they are world bosses.
@Verelyse
Just because you dont want to level up and gear up fast does not mean i should not have that option open to me. I find it very Ironic how you will complain about one part not being fast enough and the other part being too fast seems like you want content released to fit your schedule Sorry bro.

Fair criticism. The difference is I wouldn't have complained if they dropped all the raids in the first week, which was what I was fully expecting to happen. I simply pointed out that the way they're doing things is fantastic for at least a part of the playerbase, including myself. Which seemed like a fair distinction after you said that delaying the release of raids wouldn't improve anyone's new expansion experience.

08/02/2012 05:10 AMPosted by Tomax
This announce make also makes me very concerned that the NEXT Content patch after release could be another 10 months I hope this isnt true but thats the impression that i get.

Definitely agree with you that I hope this doesn't happen for whatever reason.

@Verelyse
I would be thrilled if I do not kill the first 6 bosses in 2-3 hours but I doubt this is the case.

We'll see, I don't think the kill average will be 30 minutes per boss in any case. I think most 12-15 hour a week guilds might have a decent chance at being cleared if the servers cooperate though.

08/02/2012 05:50 AMPosted by Tomax
Is it really that big a deal to just have 1 raid available for people to see and try out week 1?

No. But neither is the inverse, really.