MoP raid releases will be staggered

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Post Limit:
Prev 1 24 25 26
Only one video I've seen can really sum up what I've personally been feeling (but I know many others share similar thoughts on the matter, 501 posts and counting).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rd0-zVIBVo
With the introduction of Transmogrification, the issue of people not experiencing content is irrelevant. They may not walk into old Naxx or Sunwell difficulty raids on level, but less than 1% of the player community did at the time of those raids, and it was still an amazing goal that all prospective raiders worked towards. With Transmogrification, players storm old instances like never before to get gear for transmog. The developer's content will be seen by anyone who wants the gear from old raids that had less than 1% of players actually complete on level.

We need to stop being greedy as a community. This includes both us as players, and developers as well. The number or players that accessed old raids of extremely high difficulty was low, and many things that developers spent time making were unseen for many months by most of the community. But in turn, by trying to gain more subscriptions and letting everyone see the content easily, you will lose more subscriptions than you gain from players that were working towards a previously more challenging goal.
I'm kind of refusing to watch that video at this point, just on principle.

(Test to see if the post cap was extended was a success).
Is it accurate that LFR will open October 7? That's an odd day, given it will be a Sunday. Did you mean October 9?
WORLD OF CASUALCRAFT!
Ok, I never wrote on Blizzard forums because my philosophy is that ''everything allready been said''... But over the years it really feels like Blizzard is not listening to the right people... so I thought I would give my opinion about the direction wow is taking and the decisions they are making for at least 1 time before I actually quit for GW2, just to see if Blizz really listen to their fans... (I would very much doubt so, but the scientific method requires me to put my assumptions to test.)

So here is my opinionated vision of the first week of Mysts of Pandaria.

It is for communists and casuals now... You lost 3 million players and you are telling us to go play something else because we ''QQ'' too much ? ? Apparently you don't know what makes wow a good game... is Jay Wilson behind this ? I hope not...

I thought Blizzard statement was still about making the best video games in the world.

- The best game in the world would not be about casuals only that ''want to dig into the lore, the new continent, the amazing new quests.'' Quests are not amazing by the way, quests are a grind that you do to get to the End Game content... not the actual fun in the game... Do you even know why we liked wow ?? Seriously people you will have 2 years to explore the lore and do quests and achivements in between raids when you have nothing to do.

- The best game in the world would have raids open for the people that are maxed out and raid ready Ilvl463 so they can allready take the lead 1 ''reset'' before everybody else because they are dedicated players, and dedicated players should be rewarded accordingly for their dedication to a MMO... You guys know it's a MMORPG you are creating right ??

- The best game in the world would not have mandatory dailies to grind and a forced single player experience. Deffinetly not the best game in the world anymore... Wow is for Fanbois and fangils now... not gamers.

/Edit:
08/01/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Crithto
. We saw a lot of evidence and heard a lot of feedback which indicated that raid content was a little overwhelming at the beginning of Cataclysm.

I have no idea wich evidence you are talking about...
You rushed Firelands before we could Kill Sindragosa... But thats the game, we sucked and were casual so we don't get to see it. Thats why the game was fun back in the days, because only the best and dedicated players could see the content, others either have to skill up or put more efforts and time into the raids. Why does everyone has to see everything now ? Because they pay aswell ? Is this really the justification ?

/edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rd0-zVIBVo

Omg... w/e that guy said.. it sums it up.
i just wanna know when LFR comes out
So to be clear, the full schedule for US realms is:

September 25: MoP launches
October 2: Mogu'shan Vaults (normal) opens
October 7: Mogu'shan Vaults (LFR) opens, those who cleared normal Vaults can access heroic mode
October 30: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (normal) open, with Terrace only accessible by clearing Heart
November 6: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (LFR) open; queuing for Terrace requires clearing Heart. Those who cleared normal Heart can access heroic Heart, same for Terrace.

Yup, this is the plan! Barring there aren't any 1s where there should be a 0, you've done your math well.

08/01/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Asanenine
The reality? The raids won't be completed for September 25th, and they're giving themselves an extra month to actually finish them.

This is 100% untrue. All 16 bosses are on the beta right now and have been tested. To be absolutely clear about why what you said has no basis in reality, once Mists is released we won’t need to apply a patch to the game before we can activate Heart of Fear and Terrace. This means we won’t have an extra month to continue working on these raids, as you’ve suggested.

Well, it's the 7th. They restarted all realms. But LFR is still closed. Problem?
Tuesday, Oct. 2 - Normal Mogu’shan Vaults
Tueday, Oct 9 - Heroic Mogu'shan Vaults and first half of Mogu'shan Vaults on Raid Finder
Tuesday Oct. 16 - Second half of Mogu'shan Vaults on Raid Finder
Tuesday, Oct. 30 - Normal Heart of Fear and Normal Terrace of Endless Spring (Must clear Heart of Fear first) with Heroic and Raid finder versions unlocking one week later

Tuesday not sunday

when has any raid ever reset on a sunday.
I wish that dailies got gated now.
10/07/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Tîny
Well, it's the 7th. They restarted all realms. But LFR is still closed. Problem?

it was a typo, its not till tuesday.
- The best game in the world would not be about casuals only that ''want to dig into the lore, the new continent, the amazing new quests.'' Quests are not amazing by the way, quests are a grind that you do to get to the End Game content... not the actual fun in the game... Do you even know why we liked wow ?? Seriously people you will have 2 years to explore the lore and do quests and achivements in between raids when you have nothing to do.

I think a lot of people have enjoyed the quests in this game.

- The best game in the world would not have mandatory dailies to grind and a forced single player experience. Deffinetly not the best game in the world anymore... Wow is for Fanbois and fangils now... not gamers.

You aren't really forced to do the dailies. Much of the gear you could get from dailies take JP and VP which you obtain in heroics and raids which will drop similar gear already. Most of the rewards from dailies are vanity items.