In memory of Quutar.

Earthen Ring
Today we honor a fallen hero of the Eleventh Hour. Quutar one of The Eleventh Hour's earliest tree druids and a former officer (under duress) passed away two nights ago, 7/28/2012.

He was a good man, and a good gamer, he always took the time to help others, even when they didn’t realize they needed the help. He was always willing to go that extra mile for anyone, be it a complete stranger or a long time friend. He had a unique sense of humor that would shine through regardless of the situation at hand. He had an indomitable spirit that would never ‘give up’ no matter how difficult the task. He was weird (his words) but he was happy with that. He had a love to create things, and would talk on end about programing projects, video editing, and lately cooking and parenting.

Even those who did not know Quutar by name in WoW were likely affected by his selfless and tireless work ethic. As the sole author of the original Decursive add-on, his efforts led to a fundamental change in Blizzard's approach to dispels and UI interaction.

No matter what Quutar was involved in he always left a community better for his presence.

Quutar is survived by his wife, Lethann/Peejee/Silvershadow and his 15 month old daughter.

The funeral will be held on August 2nd. If you wish futher information reguarding the funeral or the family, please contact myself or an officer of The Eleventh Hour.

Also I have a request from Peejee/Lethann.
People are asking things they can do. I ask everyone to do something not for me but for Our Daughter. Please write down your memories and stories of Quutar, no matter how NC-17 they may be. I will collect these and give them to her as she grows so she will always know her Daddy.

If there are any memories you wish to contribute to this collection, please contact myself, Book, or any of the officers of The Eleventh Hour.

Asherrean

For the Heroes that arise in the Eleventh Hour.
Unfortunately, I did not get the opportunity to meet Quutar, but from what I read, he sounds like an absolutely amazing person.
My wishes and thoughts go out to his family and friends, and anyone who ever knew him.
It is unfortunate for me that I didn't get to spend much time with Quutar back in my early days of WoW. He was a member of Dark Legend before it was Dark Legend and I cannot recall ever hearing a negative comment regarding him. Even years after he had joined The Eleventh Hour, he would randomly send myself or another DL member messages asking how we were doing and pass along his best wishes for our success as a guild.

Earthen Ring is a better realm for having known him.
I can't say I knew Quutar, but in ages long past Decursive was the lifeblood of paladins, and the Eleventh Hour has always been a staple of Earthen Ring.

This is sad news, and my condolences and best wishes go out to his family and friends.
So sorry to hear about Quu. He was in Dark Legend when I first joined, and he introduced me to raiding. Without him, I would never have been half the player I was, and can honestly say his influence and ability to impart understanding the subtleties of healing and game-play during vent conversations stay with me even today. He was truly selfless and will be missed by all that knew him.

Best wishes to his family, you are in our prayers.
I'm sorry to hear about Quutar :( I remember when I joined Dark Legend and he was there; he was an amazing person very willing to help with anything anyone could ever need. I learned a lot from Quutar and Lethann, they both helped me so much in this game. From the raiding and role playing aspect. Thoughts and prayers to his family.
"Bears are not for talking... but how about trees?"

I'm stunned to hear this news, Quutar was a wonderful person, player, guildmate... He was ALWAYS helping people, and one of the most welcoming people I had ever met in game. I haven't been on Earthen Ring for a while, but he will always be one of my favorite people on this server. My condolences to his family.

For Heroes who rise in the Eleventh Hour!
(You will always be a Hero!)

-Claidi/Delaihna
The name sounds familiar to me. My condolences to his family.
The measure of who we are is in what we leave behind.

It's quite apparant that Quutar was an exceptional person and the world is poorer for his absence.
"Bears are not for talking... but how about trees?"

I'm stunned to hear this news, Quutar was a wonderful person, player, guildmate... He was ALWAYS helping people, and one of the most welcoming people I had ever met in game. I haven't been on Earthen Ring for a while, but he will always be one of my favorite people on this server. My condolences to his family.

-Claidi/Delaihna

The name seems familiar to me.

/stand
/salute
/mourn

Lok'tar

Claidi couldn't have put it better for me if I tried.

Hail. Though a member of the opposite faction, this game brings us together as a community as a whole. My condolences to his friends and family.
This truly is a shame. I remember raiding with Quutar and everything stated by the OP is 100% true. Quutar truly was selfless as he provided what assistance he could to anyone and everyone that needed it. As the former mage leader of The Eleventh Hour, his Decursive mod alone saved me from having to reprimand my fellow mages on a nightly basis in Molten Core or Blackwing Lair. You will be missed, Quutar. Of that, I am certain.

-Cindella/Gidgetz/Greenlight/Bluelight
This truly is a shame. I remember raiding with Quutar and everything stated by the OP is 100% true. Quutar truly was selfless as he provided what assistance he could to anyone and everyone that needed it. As the former mage leader of The Eleventh Hour, his Decursive mod alone saved me from having to reprimand my fellow mages on a nightly basis in Molten Core or Blackwing Lair. You will be missed, Quutar. Of that, I am certain.

-Cindella/Gidgetz/Greenlight/Bluelight

Have to agree, so some of us will remember you everytime we use decursive, an Cin, you liked to reprimand us anyway :P

Marques/Todar/Raystlyn/Bartoke
This is sad news, I was lucky enought to have him come help us during Wrath of the Lich king when you and his wife where in our guild Asherrean. My deepest sympathy goes out to you and his family, such a sad story.

/sadface /hug

edit for the story

I have no story, beside just remembering Quutar being very helpful and a true hero of Azeroth.
Sad news.

He was a great guy, and definatly had a noticible presence in a raid when he was present.

Im not exactly a social butterfly, so unfortunatly I dont have any specific stories to share, but he was a good dude, and im sorry he's gone.

My sympathy to his family.

-Aqualung
It's always sad having a compatriot and friend take leave. Having met Peejee and Quutar before in RL, my heart goes out to Peejee, their child, and Quutar's family.

And yes, I do remember him being a good man.
although I am from the opposing faction and never knew Quu I will always be grateful for the addon that helped me progress as a better healer and general all round better player
without his help in this small way I wouldnt be half as decent.

I send love and warmth to his family and wish them all the best.
From what I remember of Quutar, he was a good guy, good player. Losing a good player like him is always sad but we should always remember what kind of person he was while he was with us, how he had helped others, and the contributions he made to make this game more fun.

Condolences to his family.

/salute Quutar
07/30/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Asherrean
Even those who did not know Quutar by name in WoW were likely affected by his selfless and tireless work ethic. As the sole author of the original Decursive add-on, his efforts led to a fundamental change in Blizzard's approach to dispels and UI interaction.

Blizzard has honored certain members of the community who had made great contributions to the game in the past via an NPC or item-name. I would think Quutar would deserve the same reward, particularly considering how iconic Decursive is in the addons field.
As a Druid healer/Mage raider, I couldn't agree more.