Ninja Alert

Proudmoore

Rolling 1-1 on MS is a common courtesy to remind the master looter that the rolling person has already received an main-spec loot earlier in the run. Not that I expect you to understand manners.

The usefulness of loot or where it happened is not important in this case. I question the character of those named and their guild. As a member of Proudmoore community, I wish to share this experience so similar incidents could be avoided in the future.

As the saying goes: If you assume, you make and !@# out of you and me.

Maybe you should've clarified before the piece of loot was handed out.

Six'heals I always took /roll 1 to mean "I'm rolling OS if no one is rolling MS", so if I'm the master looter in your raid, keep that in mine if your interested in loot.

oh, you know what else I dislike... people saying "its the end of the Expac and loot doesn't matter", it must have mattered, someone posted about it being Ninja'd (it matter to them) and someone actually risked a bad rep by ninja'ing said loot in the first place (it matter enough to them to steal it in the first place).

Just saying.

As the saying goes: If you assume, you make and !@# out of you and me.

Maybe you should've clarified before the piece of loot was handed out.

Six'heals I always took /roll 1 to mean "I'm rolling OS if no one is rolling MS", so if I'm the master looter in your raid, keep that in mine if your interested in loot.

oh, you know what else I dislike... people saying "its the end of the Expac and loot doesn't matter", it must have mattered, someone posted about it being Ninja'd (it matter to them) and someone actually risked a bad rep by ninja'ing said loot in the first place (it matter enough to them to steal it in the first place).

Just saying.

Regardless, this truly wasn't about whether it mattered or not, but rather if it was actually ninja looted. All evidence points to this not actually being true.

08/07/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Metalreaper
Six'heals

Clever, but inches is denoted by a double prime, aka a " (quote) symbol. My name isn't Sixfootheals...
I will quote your eariler post

"Because rolling a (1-1) denotes an automatic win. Carry on, this guy is just a troll who can't get over the fact that he doesn't know how to /roll on gear.

Besides, it's 6 weeks before the xpac, unless you're quitting and want your character to have full BiS gear when you log out for the last time, it doesn't matter."

...and I got ' right, sorry it didn't translate as intended.
08/07/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Metalreaper
Six'heals

Clever, but inches is denoted by a double prime, aka a " (quote) symbol. My name isn't Sixfootheals...[/quote]

Did you misspelled your name or something? Cuz from every way I see it, I see 6-inch-eals, you know those snake like fish you kill in Vashj'ir.

Anyways, I am not here to argue with you anymore, just pointing out that a "h" is lost in your name. One cannot have an intelligent argument with someone who is nosy enough that s/he would go to the length of poking around to find out what happened and present whatever s/he heard as facts. Its equally difficult with someone who forgets what s/he wrote 24 hrs ago.
Usually, if your argument has devolved into discussing how someone spelled their character's name, you have lost.

Usually.
Did you misspelled your name or something? Cuz from every way I see it, I see 6-inch-eals, you know those snake like fish you kill in Vashj'ir.

Eel.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel.

There is no a in eel.

Clever, but inches is denoted by a double prime, aka a " (quote) symbol. My name isn't Sixfootheals...

Anyways, I am not here to argue with you anymore, just pointing out that a "h" is lost in your name. One cannot have an intelligent argument with someone who is nosy enough that s/he would go to the length of poking around to find out what happened and present whatever s/he heard as facts. Its equally difficult with someone who forgets what s/he wrote 24 hrs ago.

Actually, I thought about it for a bit and I decided that the name flows better with only one "h". More importantly, it's spelled "eel". "Eals" is not a word as far as I am concerned. But GG.
Anyways, I am not here to argue with you anymore, just pointing out that a "h" is lost in your name. One cannot have an intelligent argument with someone...

Oh really. How about this grammatical lapse?

Did you misspelled your name or something? Cuz from every way I see it...

GG once more.
So Sixfootheals is a ninja and is defending it by pointing out other peoples grammar errors? Makes sense.
What sparks my interest is this thread being here so long. As the OP said - these types of threads are a flash in a pan - something of value that forum mods take down much too quickly.

I recall a certain mage going from the horde to alliance to" trick" a guild into getting them a legendary staff, then that person moved back to horde with a legendary to push progression with their original guild. This thread was taken down quickly - even though such a topic should be stickied. /shrug

And other ninja threads were quickly taken down - to the detriment of our server. I remember pre wrath, ninja threads were VERY effective at blacklisting people. IDK why the forum mods took a different course for cata.

Please people - get the loot rules straight at the start of a run. If you are a loot master, spell it out. If you are in need of gear, make sure you understand the loot rules. I join pugs, i get the loot rules clear, and if they have loot rules i dont agree with, I find another run.
Because rolling a (1-1) denotes an automatic win. Carry on, this guy is just a troll who can't get over the fact that he doesn't know how to /roll on gear.

Besides, it's 6 weeks before the xpac, unless you're quitting and want your character to have full BiS gear when you log out for the last time, it doesn't matter.

What did they ninja? Where from?

Insignia of the Corrupted Mind from Yor'sahj the Unsleeping.

Just a caster trinket from DS10 pug, given to healing priest on off-spec. It wasn't a big deal since this is like my alt #6. What pissed me off was that they tried to bully me since there were 5 persons from the same guild in that pug, including the master looter. Loot rules were changed on the fly. It became 1 MS upgrade, unlimited OS. AKA, once you win a MS upgrade, rest of them must go off-spec.

May my dose of drama fulfill your curiosity.

Because rolling a (1-1) denotes an automatic win. Carry on, this guy is just a troll who can't get over the fact that he doesn't know how to /roll on gear.

Besides, it's 6 weeks before the xpac, unless you're quitting and want your character to have full BiS gear when you log out for the last time, it doesn't matter.

Rolling 1-1 on MS is a common courtesy to remind the master looter that the rolling person has already received an main-spec loot earlier in the run. Not that I expect you to understand manners.

The usefulness of loot or where it happened is not important in this case. I question the character of those named and their guild. As a member of Proudmoore community, I wish to share this experience so similar incidents could be avoided in the future.

Just a caster trinket from DS10 pug, given to healing priest on off-spec. It wasn't a big deal since this is like my alt #6. What pissed me off was that they tried to bully me since there were 5 persons from the same guild in that pug, including the master looter. Loot rules were changed on the fly. It became 1 MS upgrade, unlimited OS. AKA, once you win a MS upgrade, rest of them must go off-spec.

May my dose of drama fulfill your curiosity.

This account is totally off-base. One was allowed one MS upgrade before he/she would be required to pass on other MS drops, provided someone else needed said drop for his/her MS. In this case, it went to someone for their OS because you rolled (1-1), which generally denotes a pass unless no one else needs it.

Honestly, considering your attitude and response to the situation, which could've been easily prevented provided you clarified that you were the only one rolling for MS, sort of warrants the behavior you got in response.

Upon reading the evidence, the honorable Judge Chillaxed is ready to rule:

I find no fault in the raid or ML.

I have been pugging since vanilla and i never have rolled a (1-1). i wouldn't even know how to. If I need something for MS I either : do a normal /roll , or pass if I won something unless noone else needs for MS.

I have seen people /roll (1-1) and more often than not it means "I don't give two sh*ts! If no one wants it i'll take it. And if someone does want it for whatever, they can have it."

If you did a normal /roll for MS and he did a normal /roll for his OS, and they gave it to him, I'd be on your side.