Arcturis

Bug Report
Post Limit:
I have the spirit bear pet and every sound he makes, sounds like a bear, EXCEPT when he does the Roar of Courage, then he sounds like a CAT.
The sound of Roar of Courage is determined by the Spell, not the Beast, since all Spirit Beasts have the same spell. Since most spirit beasts are cats, it isn't noticeable unless you use the bear, wolf, or owl.
08/06/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Khevyn
The sound of Roar of Courage is determined by the Spell, not the Beast, since all Spirit Beasts have the same spell. Since most spirit beasts are cats, it isn't noticeable unless you use the bear, wolf, or owl.

Look, you stated it yourself, there are wolves, a bear, and a crab spirit beasts. Only the cats should make cat noise. Dont make excuses for poor programming.
It isn't poor programming. The sound of the spell isn't determined by the one casting it, it's hardcoded into the spell itself. Since all Spirit Beasts use the same spell, they all sound the same when that ability is used. The fact that one spirit beast looks like a different animal is moot. It is a Spirit Beast; not a bear, crab, owl or cat, no matter what it may look like. After all, Bears are Tenacity, and your spirit bear isn't. ;)

If you are requesting a design change, you would do better off to post on a different forum, such as General Discussion or the Hunter forum. Since there is technically no bug here (everything is working exactly how it has been told to work), QA will not take your post further. They can't make design decisions and don't pass on suggestions to the developers. The developers don't read this forum for suggestions. They do, however, read the previously mentioned forums.

Thats your opinion. I've seen no official post from blizz stating that all spirits beasts use the same sound for Roar of Courage.

If you are correct, then why did they bother AT ALL to make Arcturic have ANY bear sounds, which HE DOES, but just leave this ONE to sound like a cat?

Just have the game point to ONE set of sound files for every spirit beast. After all , they are not cats, bears, or wolves , but ONLY spirit beasts. Maybe we can get Casper the Ghost to do the voiceover.

I can't wait to Get another one of a non feline model to see if it makes the same ridiculous noise.
08/07/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Hawkyye
Thats your opinion. I've seen no official post from blizz stating that all spirits beasts use the same sound for Roar of Courage.

Why would you need one?

The sound you are hearing, is the sound of the SPELL.
Not the sound of the animal.

08/07/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Hawkyye
Just have the game point to ONE set of sound files for every spirit beast. After all , they are not cats, bears, or wolves , but ONLY spirit beasts.

This would be a suggestion, which would be better off posted in the Hunter forum.
Which is where you should have posted in the first place, so you could get confirmation from other hunters on the "issue".
Why would you need one?

Let's see. My saber cat has a growl spell. So does my hell hound. As does my Hyena. NONE of them sound the same. They actually sound like the animal they are modeled after, of all the crazy things!

Yep. I have no reason whatsoever to expect a bear model animal to make bear sounds.
Why would you need one?

Let's see. My saber cat has a growl spell. So does my hell hound. As does my Hyena. NONE of them sound the same.

I'm sorry, but Growl does sound the same, regardless of what pet you use; I think you are hearing the sounds your pets make while they're fighting and cannot hear the noise that is produced when Growl is cast. I've heard it with my Winterspring Pride Watcher, my Hellfire Ramparts wolf and my Fox; it's hard to hear over the commotion going on with your pet attacking and all, but it's there...
I'm sorry, but Growl does sound the same,

I tested mine at the training area on all three pets, so the only sounds being made were my bow, and the pet. Not once did I hear any of them make a sound when growl was cast that did NOT sound like the animal they were modeled after.

But you give me even more reason to be unhappy about this. If, IN FACT, you cant hear growl make a noise, since it is used by many DIFFERENT beasts, why do I CLEARLY hear a stupid cat roar from my Spirit BEAR?

Either way, this need a FIX, not players making lame excuses for why it exists.
Then suggest a change on the forums mentioned above. It is not technically bugged (ie, it is working exactly how the developers have told it to work). Continuing to post here is asking the wrong people for help. QA does not pass on design suggestions to the developers.

But hey, if you want to keep asking the wrong people for help rather than going somewhere where you can be heard by those who can make a difference, by all means, keep posting here.

You are clearly disturbed by your bearcat's noise, but yet you are very adamant about not posting anywhere where your posts will make a difference. You can convince us to your heart's content that your post belongs here, but that won't change the outcome of the effect of this post. Convincing players your post belongs here doesn't get you any closer to making Roar of Courage a "silent" ability, which seems to be what you want.

We're trying to help you to get what you want, not tell you that you can't have it. We've explained why it works the way it does, and we've pointed you to where you can be heard by those who have the power to grant your request.

I wish you the best of luck in whichever path you choose to follow. Fare thee well, Hawkyye.
We're trying to help you to get what you want, not tell you that you can't have it. We've explained why it works the way it does, and we've pointed you to where you can be heard by those who have the power to grant your request.

I wish you the best of luck in whichever path you choose to follow. Fare thee well, Hawkyye.

I came here to post to let Blizz know they have a problem. Players telling me its not a bug is not an official response from Blizz telling me its not.

But I didnt come here to pick fights, I came here to alert them of the problem. Somehow with the past record of fixes, I doubt it will ever be done. But at the very least thay cannot claim they never knew of the problem. I DID my part. The ball is in their court.

My bet is in 2 months time I will see lots of pandas and my spirit bear and wolf will still make stupid cat sounds.