balance druid pvp is pathetic

Druid
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
08/05/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Paulbathehut
Balance will be FOTM in MOP.

I thought it was already?

Even though you're trolling, if anyone else thinks Moonkin in FOTM because we're awesome in RBGs...well those people probably suck at moonkin tbh. My DK can kill most DPS in 5-8sec. My Boomkin needs 10sec just to start doing -real- damage.
I rolled this lock to get away from the mediocrity of Balance pvp... and look, all of cataclysm, both spend their time dotting multiple targets while needing to be supported 24/7

hah
There is a LSD2 holding r1 on one BG, many more at 2400+, and balance is one of the top specs in rBGs.

You're pathetic. Moonkins are fine.
08/05/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Predictionz
Maybe you would have more fun, and be more successful in pvp if you took the talents "Solar Beam" and "Typhoon". :)

i wrote it before, i had those things along with mushroom slowing effect and with talent in resto for spell dmg reduction, but guess what it was so usefull, so i just droped it
oh yeah u can be gardener and put mushrooms in BGs etc u can even silence with solar beam, which is even longer with glyph, but u have to need use roots, or sit it beam for it s having some effect, so yeah maybe ask urself, why somebody have spell like counterspell, which works insantly, and why we have this "great" aoe silence, nvm

oh btw darkmoon duelist is so awesome with druid yay, frikkin happy to spam moonfire at least

and btw did u notice people complaining about how typhoon is broken? :D
There is a LSD2 holding r1 on one BG, many more at 2400+, and balance is one of the top specs in rBGs.

i am sorry i cant react to somebody who doesnt even know how to read. maybe read what i wrote first, then start insulting people ok?
as i said before, if it s stacking DOTS in RGBS FUN FOR U, GOOD FOR U, ok?
maybe try some 1v1 situations etc, or get Darkmmon duelist alone,and be so smart and insulting ok? thank u
hey why u re writing from warrior, scared to have boomkin as main?
08/05/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Paulbathehut
we re loosing one of ur lovely dots

Not really. Insect Swarm is gone, yes. But Sunfire is now entirely separate from Moonfire. Still 2 dots.

i hope that blizzard idea of "having fun" with stackin dots, ends up in cataclysm...........
08/06/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Nightpavs
hey why u re writing from warrior, scared to have boomkin as main?

My main is a moonkin, but my account is banned from the forums.

08/06/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Nightpavs
"having fun"

If you don't enjoy DoT specs, then don't play one.

08/06/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Nightpavs
maybe try some 1v1 situations

Moonkins hard counter mages and hunters, and soft counter several other specs.

By that logic

There are r1 Resto druids. Therefore Resto Druids are fine and all complaints are void.
And Warriors, and Hunters, and Ele Shaman.

Hence the massive pvp buffs in MOP, because there was nothing wrong or flawed about their Cata design.

08/06/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Percocetlol
Moonkins hard counter mages and hunters, and soft counter several other specs

Nope.

My main is a moonkin, but my account is banned from the forums.

My main is a Warrior, I just post on this toon because the warrior is a bit undergeared (Full Ruthless).
You're still at it, Cyous?

I've argued with you before, but now I'm just convinced you're trolling.
Love you guys.
f you don't enjoy DoT specs, then don't play one.

This^

If you can't get used to only rolling in groups, go feral. 1v1 isn't balanced for anyone, especially boomkin. That's why I usually never accept duels, because I will lose 95% of the time. Even though Insect swarm is gone, we have sunfire to replace it. We're getting a lot more abilities in MoP like the vortex. Boomkin pvp in MoP is going to be great. It already is great, you just can't be alone
You're still at it, Cyous?

I've argued with you before, but now I'm just convinced you're trolling.

I am trolling, can't you see I'm a troll whom trolls troll threads?

Also, I don't argue, I just say things that happen to be truth 100% of the time half the time.
08/05/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Cyous

I thought it was already?

Even though you're trolling, if anyone else thinks Moonkin in FOTM because we're awesome in RBGs...well those people probably suck at moonkin tbh. My DK can kill most DPS in 5-8sec. My Boomkin needs 10sec just to start doing -real- damage.

So if I point out that balance already *is* the fotm druid spec... that must mean I'm trolling?
DPS in PVP isn't meant to be taken literally (in terms of seconds). PVP has so much more to do with control, pressure, and burst. All things that balance brings to large comps where other classes can peel for them.

Nor would anyone take a Boomkin for 1v1 damage, as your examples suggest. Moreover, every competitive RBG I've seen also has a DK -- though it has as much to do with deathgripping a focus target onto a smoke bomb as it does with how much damage they can do in your arbitrarily decided 5-8sec window.
08/06/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Paulbathehut
So if I point out that balance already *is* the fotm druid spec... that must mean I'm trolling?

You provided no further discussion to the topic, on an alt, so I call you out in it -- nothing more, nothing less. (Referring to the previous post)

Rogues are FOTM. Balance is the druid FOTM specc because most RBGs are DOTcleave, not because they got some super amazing weapon(s) or ridiculous buffs. Balance has changed since 4.1 -- and they were nerfed. So I wouldn't call Balance per se.

08/06/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Paulbathehut
Nor would anyone take a Boomkin for 1v1 damage, as your examples suggest. Moreover, every competitive RBG I've seen also has a DK -- though it has as much to do with deathgripping a focus target onto a smoke bomb as it does with how much damage they can do in your arbitrarily decided 5-8sec window.
Moonkin is very much a support specc. You allow others to do their job. Aside from being the only DOT class to not receive some form of benefit from dispelling DOTs (MOP changes this argument, of course), we have extremely limited burst (MOP fixes this too). "The stars must align"-type of RNG coupled with the human element makes our burst extremely rough to execute and very unlikely to land a kill, but very strong if we pull it off plus a little luck with crits.

MLS was especially strong in Cata for it's ability to chain CC and wither down enemy teams from heavy burst and strong DOTs. RLS was strong for the same reasons. LSDv2 is viable simply because you wither away enemies quickly with pressure on many targets--which is why DOTcleave, coupled with PVE items, makes Moonkin more viable.
08/06/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Cyous
Rogues are FOTM

ehh... rogues have always been OP in pvp. Just like mages. That's not going to change, probably ever. I'm not sure something that's *always* been in that status can be a flavor of the month.

I don't think we're in disagreement on Balance' status in the game. It's not that it's overpowered... if anything there's a lot of things Blizzard should buff... but it brings very good synergy to the dotcleave setup whereas currently Resto and Feral are in even weaker positions. Thus FOTM.
To be honest, I don't believe Boomkin PvP is terrible and unplayable. I see it like going on a date and it going badly, or not as good as you'd hope for. If you're willing to give it a try, you may like it in the end. There are many weaknesses within the damage model, survivability model/toolset, and opponent toolset. Almost all gripes have been dealt with. The other major gripes, mostly movement DPS, was bettered after a recent change with the addition of Sunfire as it's own spell. It's certainly not better than Feral for Arenas. Feral is still strong in RBGs, you just need a proper MeleeCleave to run with--you being the FC of the group.
It's certainly not better than Feral for Arenas. Feral is still strong in RBGs, you just need a proper MeleeCleave to run with--you being the FC of the group

The numbers demonstrate otherwise.
The issue with feral in RBGs is that Warriors and Rogues can do everything feral can, but better. And in the latter's case -- with legendary weapons.
Feral brings nothing to the table. Even Datah has stated bluntly that there is no logical reason to take a feral into RBGs -- nor will you find any groups if you are a feral looking for RBGs. You couldn't pay people to take a feral. The few ferals that are able to get into RBGs, like Datah, are solely by reputation -- they're grudgingly taking a player they know is really good despite playing a suboptimal class.
08/06/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Paulbathehut
they're grudgingly taking a player they know is really good despite playing a suboptimal class.

Sorta how a Warlock and RShaman may take a Rogue or Mage over a Balance Druid? (Rated PvP vs. Rated PvP; not RBGs vs. Arena)
Succeeding as a moonkin in pvp is about having someone spamming dispells. period. Any player that you're able to roll over as a chicken is simply someone that isnt playing well.

As stated above, we're a support class. If you're running in guns blazing, it's your own d*** fault. If in a group setting, you're goal is to keep someone, anyone clycloned as it's one of our best tools. If in a 1v1, question why you've put yourself in a 1v1.....