RaF and Monks

General Discussion
Prev 1 26 27 28 33 Next
If you care about realm first achievement for anything, you have absolutely no life. Seriously, walk outside your mothers basement once or twice a decade.

If I were ever online to see someone get that achievement there would be no congratulations, it'd be; I'm sorry, your parents messed you up real bad.

It's ideas like realm first fools that give WoW a bad name and make it an embarrassing game to let your friends know you play.

Pretty much bashing people like this gives wow and its community a bad name. Stay classy!
He says that they're not making *any* changes to the way RaF bonuses function.If they're not making *any* changes and Monks aren't excluded from the benefits, it's safe to assume that Grant A Level will be available for use.

I hope so because I just deleted 2 level 84s and bought the expansions so I can level 4 chracters back to 80 and grant levels to my mon on day 1. I don't care about Realm First because I want a Panda Monk but I would like to get to 90 fast to keep up with everyone.
What a desperate money scam. I'm disappointed.
Would this work? (Asking because a raider will be rerolling Monk for our 10-man)

1. He does RaF now and he and his friend get two toons to 80 (or 85).

2. He waits until MoP

3. MoP launches and his friend logs onto the first 80 and grants the newly made Monk 40 levels and then jumps on the second 80 and grants the next set of 40 levels.

4. Monk at 80

Is this right or did I miss something?

Pretty much yeah

I believe it was said on the RAF FAQ that each lvl 80 character can only grant 39 levels? I assume level 1 doesn't count so 79 gained levels divided by 2 will not give you 40 total levels to grant. So the highest you can actually get is 78...79 if you wait until you are 99% of your first level before you up your levels?

Just thought I'd add that.

And for those complaining...it is a feat of strength, not an achievement. You get no visible sign that you got the FoS other than when it pops across the server when it happens. No title, no mount, no pet, no gear...you get a meaningless epeen booster that will be forgotten in a fraction of the time it took someone to get it. Get over yourselves and play the game how you want to play it. If that includes paying for RAF to get a meaningless RF, then go for it.

Pretty much yeah

I believe it was said on the RAF FAQ that each lvl 80 character can only grant 39 levels? I assume level 1 doesn't count so 79 gained levels divided by 2 will not give you 40 total levels to grant. So the highest you can actually get is 78...79 if you wait until you are 99% of your first level before you up your levels?

And for those complaining...it is a feat of strength, not an achievement. You get no visible sign that you got the FoS other than when it pops across the server when it happens. No title, no mount, no pet, no gear...you get a meaningless epeen booster that will be forgotten in a fraction of the time it took someone to get it. Get over yourselves and play the game how you want to play it. If that includes paying for RAF to get a meaningless RF, then go for it.

Play the game how you want to play it huh. Well some people want to play it with a even playing field for the FoS. How can your own argument collapse in on itself within the context of your own post. I respect everyone's opinion but statements like this is where you clearly don't care about others.

Let me repeat no one cares about the auto level from RaF just that it is eligible for a FoS (which might not matter to you does matter to some people)
Is the $5 wow battle chest promotion still available, anyone know? Are they instore deals only? I looked at best buy and gamestop's websites and it's listed there for $20. I definitely want in on this, not to be server first (because my monk's going to be a panda anyway), but to keep up with my raiding team.
08/12/2012 12:40 AMPosted by Rachey
Is the $5 wow battle chest promotion still available, anyone know? Are they instore deals only? I looked at best buy and gamestop's websites and it's listed there for $20. I definitely want in on this, not to be server first (because my monk's going to be a panda anyway), but to keep up with my raiding team.
$20 is the standard price, if you see it for cheaper its because it's on sale somewhere.

The battle chest only goes up to BC, you also have to buy WotLK and Cata, for a total cost of $60 (it might actually be $80, because at the moment, Cata is still $40). Obviously, if you want that account to be functional and current, you also need to buy MoP, presumably for ~$40-60, I can't remember.

You also need to buy time on the account if you have it open for more than the first free month, so if you buy it today it's another $15.

At the cheapest, you could theoretically buy only the battle chest and WotLK (which goes to 80), level 2 characters within the month leading up to MoP, grant the levels on release day, and deactivate for a cost of $40.
08/12/2012 12:45 AMPosted by Delekii
$20 is the standard price, if you see it for cheaper its because it's on sale somewhere.

The battle chest only goes up to BC, you also have to buy WotLK and Cata, for a total cost of $60 (it might actually be $80, because at the moment, Cata is still $40). Obviously, if you want that account to be functional and current, you also need to buy MoP, presumably for ~$40-60, I can't remember.

BB and gamestop were running a $5 Battlechest and $5 WOTLK promo all week. I think I must have just missed out by a couple of hours :(
08/09/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Kuroryoushi
Allowing people to pay to gain an advantage in this race which is suppose to be fair is just bull!@#$, one of blizzards core values is even play fair, how is this fair at all.

By that logic no one should be able to use heirlooms, guilds or friends. It's just another rule to the race.

it's like this:

You're in a swimming race, for 10 dollars you can get a pair of flippers, or just go for it on your own. someone buys a pair of flippers and wins. Option was given to all.

Is it fair, ethical, and all that? Maybe, maybe not, but it's their race, thier rules. We just have to play by them.

your example is flawed.. in this particular case it is more along the lines of...

for 10 bucks ... we will let you start 10 meters from the finish in a 90 meter race

... except.. that you actually get a gold medal at each of the 80, 85, 90 meter marks... (should they make realm first 80, 85, 90... and is there a realm first 70 or 60? o-o haven't bothered to check in a while lol.... if so.. add gold medals to those marks as well)

so for just those 10 bucks... you insta get a gold medal (if you happen to be the first person to sign into your realm and boost your toon to 80)

All in all.. a Bullsnit move If I ever saw one... it is Nuckin Futs for sure! *slinks off to q-q at his RaF link having ended recently *
will ppl stop QQ about the realm first ... wake up, ppl already plan to "cheat" and plevel their monk with the help of 5-10 friend. Mob tagging and stuff like that. You really think the realm first will be done fair and square ? RAF or not, ppl are already planing to "cheat" and boost the monk.

The only thing that change with the RAF is it make happy ppl who simply want their monk 85 asap and don't give a **** about the realm 1st.
ok that is unfair to other players....the monk class should be excleded from getting the bonuses of RaF for atleast a month or so .....that way EVERY player has a chance to get realm first....not get it the cop-out way
I really wish people would stop complaining about the level granting, in general. I recruited a friend; yes, a real friend, not myself on another account, with no intention of exploiting anything. Monks seem like a cool class and I would like to level one quickly so I can play on it at max level without using up all my Mists play time leveling one. After I realized my RAF time would overlap, I leveled many characters to grant levels to all sorts of toons and get the 3X experience and such, and am saving 60 to level from 20-80 to make it more manageable. I don't think it would be fair to cancel the benefits of a service you provide without specifically saying monks are excluded in FAQs at least 90 days prior to the Mists release.

That being said, although people are overreacting to the Realm First scenarios here, and it still takes clever planning and a lot of effort, I can see their points about being annoyed with this part. I would not be opposed to having realm firsts disabled as it is a vanity thing and RAF players do have an advantage. However, I don't really see a problem with it either way. If you planned in advanced, you can still get it.
Who cares, personally I intend to level it normally so I can enjoy the content. It's an epeen boost.
Only reason i'm considering it is because of my guild wanting me to make a monk and switch over.

Play the game how you want to play it huh. Well some people want to play it with a even playing field for the FoS. How can your own argument collapse in on itself within the context of your own post. I respect everyone's opinion but statements like this is where you clearly don't care about others.

Let me repeat no one cares about the auto level from RaF just that it is eligible for a FoS (which might not matter to you does matter to some people)

You respect everyone's opinion, eh? What I posted was my opinion. Not an argument, just my opinion, so be careful not to contradict yourself too much. Seems that what you respect are opinions that you don't completely disagree with, such as mine. It's fine if you don't like mine, but be sure and take a good look at what you post before casting your stones.

I don't care what happens either way with this decision that Blizz made, they can stick to it or repeal it, doesn't matter to me. Just my 0.02$ and those 2 copper aren't worth people getting their panties in a knot...and yes, I presume I had an affect on your panties and it makes me extremely happy inside :)
I was rather excited to really be able to try at a realm first on my server untill i read the blue post. thanks blizzard why dont you add in the ability to buy rare obtainable items with a black market ah.....oh might as well allow us to buy gold with real money like diablo 3...kthx
All of the QQ is hilarious. Anyone who is upset about it needs to be realistic. If you hadn't planned with this in mind then you had no chance of the realm first anyway. The tryhards who want the epeen boost planned with it in mind and will get what they wanted while Blizz makes money off them for it. Anyone who matters in the RF race knows the deal and is fine with it.
then we will see them leave after 2 months crying about how easy content is.