RaF and Monks

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 Next
be nice to give every player 300% xp bonus for the first few days of monk just to level the playing field
08/29/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Bloodrusher
be nice to give every player 300% xp bonus for the first few days of monk just to level the playing field

Everyone has the option to do the RaF and get that bonus xp.
You still have to level 4 characters to 80 in order to grant enough levels. So the argument about people not wanting to put in time is a tad skewed. They will probably put in more time than it takes to just go from 1-80.
I just almost hit 4 toons level 80, 2 with the RAF account and 2 with my main account which = an auto 80 monk for me. I put the time in and I paid a little extra cash for an extra account. I really don't want to level a monk from 1-80 all over again....even with boa items and guild exp....Glad i did it and about done lvling to 80 a 2nd time.
08/09/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Cyous

Yes.

That is NOT a fair playing field for Realm Firsts. Seriously. =/

There's the Activision side of WoW for you. Pay enough money, and you can get stuff unfairly.
Next up, do what they do on private servers! BUY GEAR USING REAL MONEY STRAIGHT FROM VENDORS!
(No, it doesn't exist, but I am willing to be it's only a matter of time.)
I haven't found this question to be answered anywhere as of yet but I feel this is the best thread for it. Being as the Pandaren have no sworn allegiance prior to level 10, will a Monk be able to group with anyone other than other Pandaren before level 10 to even grant said levels or will a Monk only be applicable once allegiance to a faction is set?
I think this is terrible, but I can't do anything about it.

I can say this tho. Laziness.
As a broke college student who's already over $1,000 in debt, are you all seriously complaining about spending $40 to level a character quicker? I'm willing to bet you've all spent at least $100 on time to play the game alone.

Also, maybe I think its unfair to those who have less time to play the game that they won't be able to compete at all. Maybe Blizzard should put a level cap on monks for each day so that it's fair game to everyone. Yea, let's make the game more casual like we all want it to be. None of us complain about how the game is getting to be too casual and the days of the hardcore being rewarded are gone with vanilla and BC.

Take this as another hardcore gamer reward. If you are actually a hardcore gamer, you'll spend the little extra and that achievement will be that players badge. I'm doing the recruit a friend for leveling my monk and I'm not even going to be in the race for first monk. I just want to be able to experience Mist of Pandaria right away with my monk, not the days worth of old world content.
Take this as another hardcore gamer reward. If you are actually a hardcore gamer, you'll spend the little extra and that achievement will be that players badge.

How is this the hardcore gamer mentality?

Buying levels to make the game easier is NOT hardcore. A race from level 1 to 90 on a level playing field IS.

What you are describing is the casual-wannabe-hardcore that wants the prestige of realm first and doesn't mind paying for it, rather than playing for it.
09/12/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Shallowfaith
Buying levels to make the game easier is NOT hardcore. A race from level 1 to 90 on a level playing field IS.

Well really, look at the times people have gotten server first leveling in some way or another, I remember when cata launched in Us, and already someone had gotten world first in EU by tagging all the mobs in a zone and having people from his guild clear the mobs so that he could just pull more. So really, there is hardly a level playing field when it comes to this stuff, as much as we all wish there was, it will always be the person with more resources. Those resources can be either time, money, or people.
09/12/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Holybell
So really, there is hardly a level playing field when it comes to this stuff, as much as we all wish there was, it will always be the person with more resources.

I can see your point here and I partially agree. However, there are workarounds for things like that in-game. That particular method can always be countered by PvP or any other creative means you could come up with.

However, when a player "buys" these levels, there is no workaround or direct counter to that player. The advantage is huge.

While I do agree it does rely heavily on time and people, these things can be counteracted. However, in this case, money cannot be.

EDIT: If I could use a rather extreme scenario and question; If Blizzard decided to sell the Achievements via real money, would the player buying these still be considered hardcore? The point I'm trying to argue against seems to believe this is the case.
09/06/2012 12:41 AMPosted by Jnshox
I just almost hit 4 toons level 80, 2 with the RAF account and 2 with my main account which = an auto 80 monk for me. I put the time in and I paid a little extra cash for an extra account. I really don't want to level a monk from 1-80 all over again....even with boa items and guild exp....Glad i did it and about done lvling to 80 a 2nd time.

Here's where logic fails. If you have enough time to completely level 4....not 1, not 2, but 4 characters to 80. Why wouldn't you have the same time and/or resources to level your monk the exact same way? You're still WASTING time, nothing was gained except for a few boxed 80s you'll probably delete. So you spend maybe 2 weeks non-stop, a few extra dollars, for something that would take you 3 days? For something you just personally said you didn't want to do, so you do it 4 times, as opposed to 1.
08/09/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Zarhym
People realize realm firsts for classes and races were removed in in Cata launch, right? Boosting a character using RAF levels doesnt give anyone an unfair advantage. There will be no realm first MONK, or realm first PANADARIAN.. only realm first 85

That's incorrect. There aren't realm first achievements for the races, but there are for each class.

Zarhym please tell me people wont be able to level to 80's and grant the 40levels to a monk the first night that is a loop hole that should be fixed
08/09/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Allstops
How does that even make sense? That basically says you HAVE to RAF if you want realm first....that's pretty awful

Which is why they had a sale about a month ago. Friend of mine bought 3 copies to RaF himself for realm first, and for any future RaF mounts.

Let's get real, you weren't ever going to get realm first if you hadn't already thought about RaF. Only people getting realm first are those who are going to boost to level 80, ten minutes after the release and then have a group of full 410's soaring them through dungeons to 85 in 1 hour.
Well I don't really think its too big of a deal. Most of you would never have gotten world first anyway even if they had exempted monks from RaF. Unless you are in a progression based guild that has been doing MOP raids in the beta its not really going to be a big deal lvl'in from 1-90 in a few weeks. Save yourself some money guys.
I have a RAF account set up (got it for the mount when wow was on sale) and it's good for two months after MOP hits I believe. I thought about leveling 4 toons to 80 so I could have an instant 80 monk but then I realized I'm really in no hurry. I don't need the extra 4 80's either. So what my plan is I'll level two monks together on the RAF account. I will spend less time and have two monks this way. I'd actually feel embarrassed to have a realm first.
I got recruit a friend when wow went on sale at gamestop, ended up spending 25 dollars after shipping. I already have all 4 of my characters up to 80, and plan on boosting my level 2.9 monk straight to 80 like a boss.

I figured spending 25 bucks to get a level 80 monk, plus level up a few of the classes I wasn't so interested in leveling was well worth it, that's 5 level 80s in less time then it would take to level a single non RaF to level 80. Even if the 2 chars I leveled on the throw away account never get played again, that's still 3 level 80s. I'm happy with my decision :)