RaF and Monks

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 33 Next
08/09/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Injustice

Yes.

Ill throw my two cents in. It is rather lame to allow someone to buy thier way into advanced placement on a server first achievment.

Technically they already bought their way into the beta to figure out the quickest leveling path from 80-90. Is this wrong, too?
SO basicly....

Scroll of res - cant get a monk to 80 (Very fair)
RaF- Monks are eligible and get super exp boost (uh wut?)

I can see all the first 90 monks will be people doing recruit a friend and spending hours on wow to get to 90 in a few days from level 1. >.< Just makign monk eligible for RaF isn't fair to the rest of us who won't be doing it
08/09/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Kuroryoushi
Allowing people to pay to gain an advantage in this race which is suppose to be fair is just bull!@#$, one of blizzards core values is even play fair, how is this fair at all.

By that logic no one should be able to use heirlooms, guilds or friends. It's just another rule to the race.

it's like this:

You're in a swimming race, for 10 dollars you can get a pair of flippers, or just go for it on your own. someone buys a pair of flippers and wins. Option was given to all.

Is it fair, ethical, and all that? Maybe, maybe not, but it's their race, thier rules. We just have to play by them.

The point is that it's not fair when one of Blizzards core values is play fair.

How is it fair for Jimmy (who is amazing at swimming btw) to barely be able to pay the entrance fee to the swimming race and now is told that they can buy flippers. Jimmy cant afford the flippers though, so he races and loses only because he couldn't afford it. How in any sense of the word is that fair. Fair, in this case, should only have to do with the achievement. The achievement is to level a class the fastest. Skipping over half that race in NO way plays into that achievement or the race.

The race to realm first is about leveling that class the fastest. Not leveling another class and then skipping a whole bunch of content. Might as well not have a realm first achievement for it because for over half of the leveling process you didn't even play that class. Some kind of idiotic backwards logic of how how people earned that realm first class by not even playing the class.
SO basicly....

Scroll of res - cant get a monk to 80 (Very fair)
RaF- Monks are eligible and get super exp boost (uh wut?)

I can see all the first 90 monks will be people doing recruit a friend and spending hours on wow to get to 90 in a few days from level 1. >.< Just makign monk eligible for RaF isn't fair to the rest of us who won't be doing it

I still have yet to see how it is unfair. Is getting a realm first a requisite to playing? Do you miss out on any content due to not being able to get a realm first? Does it somehow devalue all the other changes of the expansion?
08/09/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Anoush

Yes.

That's.. amazing.

Way to set it up so that we have to give extra money to Blizzard if we want to go for Realm First 90.

Level playing field my !@#.

Not to mention you'll have to level a panda to 12 before you can RAF it, meaning you're losing 60-90 minutes. If you want to be a panda and get Realm First you'll have to race change after the leveling process.
08/09/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Freese
Technically they already bought their way into the beta to figure out the quickest leveling path from 80-90. Is this wrong, too?

It's wrong because you could be in both categories, or one, or none. but not explicitly both.

I'm in the beta because I knew I would still be playing when the time was up and I wanted D3, had nothing to do with the beta.

It is also entirely possible to find a decent leveling path by just reading through the data on websites like WoWhead.
Highly likely that realm first monk will be someone who uses raf to store up a bunch of grant a level to instant 80 themselves on a monk
leveling from 1 to 95 isnt fair either to ppl who cant spend excesive amounts of gameplay, i dare all the ppl who say that getting to 80, lvl a char with no bonus to 80 and take a /played, then divide that time in 2 or maybe 3, the amount of time who can play somebody who works, thats the amount of days that will take to 80 for that kind of person and just add, they have to get to 85, then 90.
08/09/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Kalsam
They still have a bit of a challenge, which will be made semi-more difficult based on the fact that any dungeon queues people choose to do for 80 to 85 will be, probably, others who RaF'd as well :)

Oh yes, leveling 10 levels is SUCH a challenge.

/sigh
08/09/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Golfire
leveling from 1 to 95 isnt fair either to ppl who cant spend excesive amounts of gameplay, i dare all the ppl who say that getting to 80, lvl a char with no bonus to 80 and take a /played, then divide that time in 2 or maybe 3, the amount of time who can play somebody who works, thats the amount of days that will take to 80 for that kind of person and just add, they have to get to 85, then 90.

something based on playing the game requiring you to, *gasp* PLAY THE GAME? madness! Give it to people who throw money at us not to have fun and play the game, but for a FoS.
08/09/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Lirath

something based on playing the game requiring you to, *gasp* PLAY THE GAME? madness! Give it to people who throw money at us not to have fun and play the game, but for a FoS.

So crying for a RF is all the fun u have? i dont care about the RF... but it seems that u dont even care about fun, u care about ep**n, and achievements o.0
I really wanted RAF to work with Monks, because I didn't want to have to level one from scratch on day one.

That said ... I think they shouldn't be eligible for Realm First if they had any levels granted to them.

I understand that there are other unfair advantages built into the system (especially the Beta one), but that's an unfair advantage across all classes. It seems strange to me that Monks would have an exception.
My inconsequential $0.02.

I'm on the unfavorable side of this decision. I was hoping to be able to compete for the realm first monk, but this is going to prohibit me from doing so. I'll get over it and still level a monk when MoP releases, but just wanted to add my voice to the negative feedback side of this decision.
glad to see im not the only against this horrid idea but hey blizz is alrdy making achievements/rewards meaningless and this just adds to that
08/09/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Golfire
So crying for a RF is all the fun u have? i dont care about the RF... but it seems that u dont even care about fun, u care about ep**n, and achievements o.0

If you don't actually care about the achievement why are you here in this thread? I care about this achievement and to have fun competing with people actually playing the game for it because its rare that a class is added that starts at level 1. Now it can be taken away from people who actually wanted to put in the effort and achieve it by people with deeper pockets and minimal effort. I might as well just level my warrior first instead because at least that is an even playing field.
This being said, you're able to get granted to level 80?
I have to say I am rather disappointed with this decision.

Here is a post from before cata's release comforting all the people that were asking about RAF for the new races since wrath had race server firsts (which cata didn't repeat):

11/10/2010 05:31 PMPosted by Lylirra
Please keep in mind, as well, that there will be no Realm First achievements associated with leveling characters of a specific race, so this will not place goblin or worgen characters at any sort of unique advantage.

Noting that there was no "sort of unique advantage." Well there is now.