RaF and Monks

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 33 Next
If you kids are that mad over this, just buy another account. It's 15 dollars for vanilla through cataclysm.

Bam. If you can't afford it, then stop whining.
Would this work? (Asking because a raider will be rerolling Monk for our 10-man)

1. He does RaF now and he and his friend get two toons to 80 (or 85).

2. He waits until MoP

3. MoP launches and his friend logs onto the first 80 and grants the newly made Monk 40 levels and then jumps on the second 80 and grants the next set of 40 levels.

4. Monk at 80

Is this right or did I miss something?

Pretty much yeah

Good to know. At least he won't be so far behind since the rest of us are all leveling our 85s :)
If you kids are that mad over this, just buy another account. It's 15 dollars for vanilla through cataclysm.

I thought it was 40 and that only gets you Wrath. Where are you getting 15 from?
Chance we can get a confirmation if its just the 300% bonus exp while leveling or if monks can get the grant a level bonus as well. I know there's been a heated discussion from everyone here regarding all the fairness involved but I would just as soon hear the details so i can get my monk capped as quickly as possible.
looks its time for me to make a 2ed account and level up that account to make sure i can be competitive and assure i get a raid spot as a monk..

great idea blizz.

Welcome to end game.

please. ive been "end game"
see the T3?
ive never needed a 2ed account to get to end game.
Can any of you actually remember who on your servers got realm first anything?

I surely cant. Nor did I particuarly care when i saw the announcement.
Don't really care about monks getting instant levels just very illegitimate to get realm first.
08/09/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Golfire
so is fair to someone who have the means to play midweek 3 or 4 consecutive days and have a friend who can cover him while he sleeps?

To be clear, I don't care if a person will RAF or SOR a friend to 90.

But it should not count towards a realm first achievement for doing so.

I don't think it's fair to expect someone to spend $40 to get MoP, nevermind if they don't have the game at all in which case it's $120 to get Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, and MoP. Nevermind the required subscription for RAF to work, either, so another $30.

I think that's pretty unreasonable to place on anyone looking to place Realm First 90 Monk.
I'm very excited to do this. I don't really like leveling, I enjoy the end game content. This will definitely save me a LOT of time and get me back to being useful to my guild much, much quicker.

Can we get confirmation that you can use pre-stored levels on Monks and still be eligible for realm first FOS?
[quote]

explain to me how that works...

I will do.

1)Now i dont have a lot of things to do on wow, didnt wanted to lvl alts from 0 with only herlooms because it's still so much time, so i get 2 new alts very fast, and learning to do some multibox, its better than sitting in orgrimar. = FUN.

2) Expansion is out, then you chose a MONK PANDA, not a BE or another race, a PANDA, so u enjoy 10 very large lvls (monk panda starting zone is kind of long) of new contet and then..... u get back 75 lvls of 4 expansions that u already played, while u want to quest on the new zones of pandaria... = NOT FUN!!!.

3) U got some cheap 80 alts, and start a monk on 80, so now u r only 1 expansion and 5 levels from the new content and with herlooms, and maybe experience required nerfed, that will pass really fast because u know MOP is near = FUN.

4) I GET A MOUNT!!!!!!!!

Pretty much yeah

Good to know. At least he won't be so far behind since the rest of us are all leveling our 85s :)

This is exactly why I'm happy about it. I don't want to have do the 1-80 grind over again if I don't have to when my only goal is to be able to raid come Tuesday of week #2.

I guess the only issue people have is that it's not legit for server first, which honestly isn't a huge deal for me. Let me get raid ready in the first week with this, do whatever you feel like with the FoS.
Will the Recruit a Friend (RaF) triple quest and monster experience bonus be changed to function up to level 85 when MOP is released?

Currently the triple bonus only function until level 80.

I thought it was 40 and that only gets you Wrath. Where are you getting 15 from?

Sorry I can't count. It's 20 dollars. 5 for the battlechest, 5 for Wrath, and 10 for Cata.

This is at GameStop.
So because I choose not to purchase another account and level multiple sets of characters to jump from 1-80 in minutes, I'm automatically excluded from any chance of realm first?

I like how "equal player experience" only exists when it benefits your wallets.
I could care less about realm first. But RaF is sure as heck gonna help me get my monk to 90 in time to make him raid viable for my guild. And for that I salute this.