Destruction Warlock vs Arcane Mage

General Discussion
Up to this day I cant understand why is Arcane mage better in every way than a Destro lock. Aren't they supposed to be similar in playstyle and in performance PVE and PVP?

And it seems like its not changing for MOP.

Do you think the devs asked themselves this question before?
Destro has at least 1/2 more buttons to use than Arcane.

I've played both and I had to change my mage back to fire as I kept falling asleep on keyboard after several hundred 1111111111211111111111121111111111111flameorb11111112 passes.
When I used to main a lock for raids, people would say how mages do more damage than locks for half the effort.

I loved destro, and would still pick it over an arcane mage. Just because it was more fun to have more things to manage and watch for.
I am talking about performance. Of course destro in 10 times more difficult, and still underperforms to Arcane. I think its unjust.

Well one thing that its unjust and they are doing something to change it, but it looks like in MOP it will stay the same. I just dont get it, why punish the people who like to play warlocks again?

So if I want a high burst and decent mobility, cc spec and I should go to Arcane because it has better numbers and easier playstyle?
08/10/2012 03:39 AMPosted by Purestorm
I am talking about performance. Of course destro in 10 times more difficult, and still underperforms to Arcane. I think its unjust.

Because Mages have been Blizzard's baby this ENTIRE expansion, with the exception of a minor nerf to fire which set them back a tiny bit for a few weeks. Now fire mages even pwn BGs running around spamming scorch in people's faces until a pyroblast! procs and target melts into the ground.

And yes, people have been screaming for destro to make a comeback for a long, long time, and sadly... MoP killed us even more.
08/10/2012 03:46 AMPosted by Perseum
For a spec that's supposed to be about fire and shadow and inflicting pain on your enemies, it's HORRIBLY clunky to play as Destro and it's pretty sad to see.

Honestly, that's how I feel about Demo. I've played Destro since I started wow, maybe that's why it feels comfortable to me. *shrug*
I hear Arcane mages have every spec of lock beat at multi-dotting / cleaving.

Oh, wait.
Two good classes 2 1 boring arcane spec
Arcane mages have higher mana costs.
Warlocks are more fun.
Holy Necromancer! I think this is older than the wine at Walmart!