What is the best RP server?

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Necro but Silver Hand is dying and needs lots of roleplayers ><
Moon Guard outside of Goldshire is an excellent RP realm.

But hey, stay biased. I'm sure it'll really get you places.

I second that!
I heard ED is a good realm for RPPVP but is that true Alliance or Horde?
Although it is good to let people know this question is asked constantly and I appreciate your bringing it to the front page, you only need to ask on the ED forums and you will probably get a more accurate answer.
09/22/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Lunamie
Now if we could receive a discount for bulk characters transfers...:)

This, a thousand times. I will grudgingly admit to dumping a significant amount on moving characters to Moon Guard purely out of principle and desire to keep my vanilla titles, equipment, and items, even though the characters were ranging between mid 20s to upper 50s.

If things are done for RP, I honestly thing Blizzard should be more generous with players. After all, we're the backbone of what keeps the game going, aren't we? The -true- 'players' of World of Warcraft?
So, I'm just gonna throw this out there and hope someone replys since this thread hasn't been active in a few months. I play on WrA, but I haven't been on in around 2 months.. So I got on today finally and it's dead. Like completely... dead. Not a single soul in SMC. I don't understand what happened?
There has been a bad glitch in the portal area making it very hard to get in and out of the throne room. It slows you to a crawl and disconnects people. I won't go there much anymore and I think this is a widespread problem they are working on it I hope.
Every server has their pros and cons.
MG has a massive Roleplay community, but the people here never fail to take the IC drama into OOC because the story doesn't go the way they want it to for their character. Most of them, anyway. The good thing about Moonguard is that the paltry sum of Roleplayers who are good at it will leave you hungry for more. Too many people here have this mentality that the World of Warcraft universe revolves around their character.

SoE has a tiny roleplay community, but tiny also means very little Trolls.

Don't even bother with Emerald Dream. There are maybe 2 guilds that RP there that I know of and even then they're both mainly focused on PVE.

I just migrated off of WrA to MG. The only reason being was to play with my IRL Bestest best friend from the 6th grade whom I love so so much. I say WrA is your best bet for RP, but then again I didn't spend any time Alliance side there.
My experience on WrA was almost Drama-free, except for one or two people who attempted to take relationship RP with one of my characters to an ooc level when I just wasn't interested, but I won't mention their names. If you RP there I highly suggest you keep it in guild and with close friends. As exciting as random RP with a stranger is, there's also the high risk involved that they're the types who take RP a little too seriously.
just posted about ED on this forum,

there was huge influx of transfers for world pvp and it killed the RP vibe

there still some amazing RP guilds on there but its surrounded by pvps who have not the slightest interests in rp
About ED, is there still any RP? My buddies and I want a good RPPVP server, but if there isn't one, then we might just go ahead and play on a straight RP server.

I'd like to RP as well as PVP, but I don't know if that's really possible anymore.
Another viable option is good old Cenarion Circle. We are, by my years of experience here, one of the most welcomnig servers I've ever seen. It has a smaller RP community than some other servers, but it is INFINITELY more close-knit, with a public hangout channel for RPers (often used to find RP-in-progress as well) and global in-character channels on both factions, and a great many events as well, many of them weekly, or similarly scheduled.

Sometimes we may come on a bit strong with the welcomes. Beware of the guild masters, they will try to snatch you up quickly (don't smell any cloths they hand you - it's not lemon). So come on by and give us a quick hello. There's a good variety of different flavors of RP guild around as well, though we do lack for the most part in specific racial-themed guilds. When you ask about guilds, be ready to answer questions about what sort of character you're playing, because that will make all the difference in where you oughta go! Are you a valiant warrior of the Light, an underhanded sneak dancing the fine line between law-abiding citizen and dirty criminal, or perhaps someone simply looking to make the world a bit brighter than you found it? Hell, maybe you're just a wanderer looking for a family and a home, or a scholar looking for like-minded individuals. We've got it all.
About ED, is there still any RP? My buddies and I want a good RPPVP server, but if there isn't one, then we might just go ahead and play on a straight RP server.

I'd like to RP as well as PVP, but I don't know if that's really possible anymore.

Yes. There is RP on Emerald Dream. You may not trip over it like you do on MG or WrA, but there's RP in the Blue Recluse almost every night and quite a few RP guilds on both sides of the war. I transferred off of Feathermoon (which had very little RP on the Horde side) to ED for the RP community, because I had rolled a level 1, talked to some guilds and attended some events, and discovered that the RP-PvP environment was exactly what I was looking for.

Now, I won't lie and tell you it's all sunshine and rainbows. ED is pretty brutal. The WPvP scene is alive and active here, and you should either be willing to participate in that or at least accept that you will likely die. Possibly several times a day, depending on what you like to do. If you're an idiot or make a fool of yourself on the forums by complaining about people killing you on a PvP realm, you may get driven off the server. It's happened before.

Of course, at the end of Cataclysm and beginning of MoP, we did have a large influx of players who chose our realm for the WPvP and don't care about the RP, but in my experience (and the experiences of those who have been here far longer than I), the WPvP thrives because it is IC for many of us. We need people who want to RP and then go out and slit some throats and people who will defend their RP turf to the death. Sometimes PvP interrupts RP, but if you can learn to roll with the spontaneity of it, you may find that it makes the experience exciting.

If you choose to learn more about ED's RP-PvP environment, there's a sticky at the top of our realm forums that lists some of the more active guilds on both Horde and Alliance. You may also want to check out: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6572357586

I have not regretted my transfer, and look forward to being a part of the ED community for a long time.

12/08/2012 03:22 AMPosted by Yunexis
Don't even bother with Emerald Dream. There are maybe 2 guilds that RP there that I know of and even then they're both mainly focused on PVE.

There's a saying that ED is where PvE goes to die. It sounds like you had a poor experience... and not the usual kind of poor experience.
The two most active rp servers are MG and WrA.

Both have its ups and down. Both servers goldshire is inhabited by..well... less than optimal roleplayers, so to speak. Blatant ERPing, to leetspeak, "I'm son of arthas", or complete lack of literacy. So don't judge either by GS.

While I'm not sure about MG, alliance side in WrA is certainly the biggestand most active faction rp-wise. Yet, that doesn't mean horde lacks roleplayer in any way or format.
So I'm thinking about transfering this character over to a good rp realm, although, I don't know which. Any suggestions?
Did you read any of the above?

EDIT: Though you might want to change your name.
I'm new to rp so what the best server to start on with more rp in it.
02/11/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Tensuzangesu
I'm new to rp so what the best server to start on with more rp in it.

Do you wish to do Horde or Alliance, PvP or carebear, a crowded world or a sparse one?
Moonguard is ok if you just don't want to ERP its has one of the highest populations of a RP server, mine on Wyrmrest Accord is alright, there are times when areas are ghost towns but its decently populated, though I think its mainly alliances.
02/12/2013 03:17 AMPosted by Anitaroth
Moonguard is ok if you just don't want to ERP its has one of the highest populations of a RP server, mine on Wyrmrest Accord is alright, there are times when areas are ghost towns but its decently populated, though I think its mainly alliances.

Thus my question as to whether he preferred PvP or carebear server. I don't see how you get immersion in safe environment. Ravenholdt, Twisting Nether, Venture Co., Emerald Dream all offer good RP, and in a PvP environment.
The questions are always asked and there is no good answer. It all depends on what you want out of rp. If you want immersion and a chance to really develop a memorable character, then you need to be sure you research lore and make your characters as interesting as possible, without going overpowered.

I am going to be trying Ravenholdt and I will have some company. Going Horde side for a possible House guild with Blood Elves. I have heard that Ravenholdt is CRZ free, if so I am going to like it a lot.

I have nothing against MG or WRA, I have a full stable in each. The rp however is a lot of silliness and immersion is almost impossible.