Instance Lockout Extensions and 5.0.4

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 6 7 8 10 Next
08/14/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Consonant
I like this. Simple , direct and to the point. No chance of being misinterpreted.

There is always a chance of misinterpretation.

08/14/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Kaivax
Please be aware that with the release of the pre-expansion 5.0.4 patch on Tuesday, August 28, all raid lockouts will be reset. This means that you will not be able to extend a raid lockout beyond the week before the patch release.

Clearly he's saying they're upping the release date! Everyone get ready to start leveling the 28th! ;P
Please be aware that with the release of the pre-expansion 5.0.4 patch on Tuesday, August 28, all raid lockouts will be reset. This means that you will not be able to extend a raid lockout beyond the week before the patch release.

He said pre-expansion, like back when cataclysm was being launched. It means, the land of MOP will be seen, but won't be able to start the leveling to 90 yet, till Sep 25th when the data is available to the players.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
the pre-expansion 5.0.4 patch on Tuesday, August 28
I'm so happy, oh, so happy.
Just in time for Guild Wars 2 launch, coincidence? I think not :P

Hopefully things are actually balanced / done and they aren't just rushing it due to this.

Warriors in beta are doing way too much damage.

A warrior tank in cata gear was out dpsing me, same level, I was in all MOP blues with all mop enchantments. It was not my rotation. I was using my character to the best of my ability.

Everysingle warrior tank or warrior I have encountered in bgs and dungeons have been hitting like a ton of bricks.

I highly doubt there will a balance when MOP launches. That's just it though, one shouldn't or can't expect balance right at launch.

I've heard people say in mop beta chat ingame that wth is going on with warrior gameage? Why am I being one shotted? and WOA a warrior tank 2 levels below me in cata gear is out dpsing me ?????
ATM in beta, don't know PTR, they have gear normalization going. So, that tank could be in cata greens, but technically they'ld be as though they were in proper gear. Until they left the dungeon.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well then....that sounds like crap. Isn't the point of an expansion to be fully live on that date. It should be like other MMO's that I've played where you download the file in the background and they activate on the live date. Frikkin nice. Is there anywhere out there besides the kvetch threads I've read from time to time explaining how it will change? Did Blizz post an official site with "these are the changes that happening to your class"?

This is how Blizzard has done it for each of the 3 prior expansions. Given the massive changes in class mechanics each expansion has brought, it is a GOOD thing. Not crap. This way you get time to relearn your class dealing with known situations (current content). That makes for a smoother learning curve than trying to do the same relearning while simultaneously trying to learn the new content.
So how bout them heroic mou- *shot with dart* *thud*
YAY, I got it right... August 28th as I always expected. Soon I'll be pretty busy pre-leveling pets for Pandaria.

Well then....that sounds like crap. Isn't the point of an expansion to be fully live on that date. It should be like other MMO's that I've played where you download the file in the background and they activate on the live date. Frikkin nice. Is there anywhere out there besides the kvetch threads I've read from time to time explaining how it will change? Did Blizz post an official site with "these are the changes that happening to your class"?

This is how Blizzard has done it for each of the 3 prior expansions. Given the massive changes in class mechanics each expansion has brought, it is a GOOD thing. Not crap. This way you get time to relearn your class dealing with known situations (current content). That makes for a smoother learning curve than trying to do the same relearning while simultaneously trying to learn the new content.

On beta, all my character's spellbooks have a tab labeled "What has changed." I'm hoping this tab makes it onto live 5.0.4. I'd check the PTR but since I have a beta account I'm kind of not able to.
I think that they should decrease the drop rate by 50%. This way it is reduced but still possible. It being in the 1-3% makes it impossible and punishes the new players for not being around and able to raid at that time. **I am looking at you Mimiron's Head!

I agree with this. I started WoW pretty late [last year] and a lot of stuff I'd like to have either doesn't drop anymore or has a 1% drop rate. /wrists
Hmm, mess around with a patch that has little to no content, or play GW2. I think I'll choose GW2. Definitely playing MoP when it's out though.
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.
All Raid mounts whether they are boss drops of meta achieves should be removed from the game once a new tier of content is released, you know, the way they did it with the naxx drakes?

or remove the meta mounts upon new content and drop boss drops to 1% or have the dropped mounts randomly appear on this "black market" ah I keep hearing about.
08/14/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Tïnkerßell
Will the new minimum system requirements also go in effect with 5.0.4? Or will that be when MoP launchs?
finaly the cookie cutting ends
Oh... YES! I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for this to come! Every day, I check the forums and latest news about Mists of Pandaria, (that includes MMO Champion videos) and I am excited like crazy! A NEW AGE IS UPON US!