All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
OMG this is all so funny! And it caught me at first too!

When I first read the post about the ability to play any race in any version of the game, I thought for sure it mentioned panderen as well.

Clearly I am not the only one who got confused by it.

In short: no panderen in 5.0.4 No way, no how, no one. Done and done.

It gonna be enough of a challenge getting used to the new talents and all. I will just be running my existing alts.
I.. totally thought you meant I could level a Gnoll Shaman. Q.Q

Lol, this is still awesome, though, even if it does not apply to me.
Blizz should just go the full mile and let those of us who already bought MoP digitally make pandaren monks/monks in general to start leveling to 85 at least (obviously leave Pandaria closed)..
um what's the point of being able to create but not being able to use till release this seem's pointless, just saying because that's how the blue post comes across
08/16/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Venesection
um what's the point of being able to create but not being able to use till release this seem's pointless

Well obviously I mean being able to level to 85.
Does this mean i can make a troll pally?
I've seen some confusion about when pandaren character creation will be accessible.

Just to be clear on the announcement, we're making it possible for people to create a character of any race, regardless of what expansions you've purchased. So if you only have the original game (which now has The Burning Crusade included), when patch 5.0.4 hits you'll be able to create goblin and worgen characters as well. And, once Mists of Pandaria is released, you'll be able to create pandaren characters, regardless of whether or not you own Mists of Pandaria.

No, you'll need to upgrade your World of Warcraft license to Mists of Pandaria in order to unlock the monk class. The same is true for leveling from 85-90 and gaining access to the continent of Pandaria.

Do you still need to buy WOTLK to play deathknights?

Deathknights are a class, not a race.

So yeah, you'll need Wrath to play a DK

I think if I facepalm one more time my forehead is going to start bleeding.

I suggest reading the first post very carefully and the responses in here, they'll more than likely answer any questions new readers have.

All races will be available, not classes.
08/16/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Venesection
um what's the point of being able to create but not being able to use till release this seem's pointless, just saying because that's how the blue post comes across

I'm not quite sure what you're confused about, but it seems that you think you'll be able to create a pandaren when the patch hits in a couple of weeks, but not play it until the expansion is released next month. If this is what you're confused about then let me clear it up. You cannot roll a pandaren until the expansion is released. Period.
08/16/2012 08:28 PMPosted by Lupira
um what's the point of being able to create but not being able to use till release this seem's pointless

Well obviously I mean being able to level to 85.

By all means i do agree with you if we have pre-purchase being able to create monks or even be able to access them on the PTR would be nice.
08/16/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Romire

Just in case you aren't a troll and completely missed the point, they are NOT removing the race/combination restrictions. They are only removing the expansion restrictions on playing certain races.
08/16/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Holoo

Just in case you aren't a troll and completely missed the point, they are NOT removing the race/combination restrictions. They are only removing the expansion restrictions on playing certain races.

Ok cool :)
So, lemme get this straight. Without purchasing the upgrade to MoP

I can - Roll any race, after the patch update on Aug. 28th, EXCEPT a Pandaren
I can - Roll a Pandaren beginning Sept. 25th
I can - level a Pandaren to the highest level of my currently subscribed content (Cata for me)
I can - Have all of my mounts account-wide

I cannot - Access Pandaria
I cannot - Level skills beyond my currently subscribed content
I cannot - enter raids, dungeons, or battlegrounds beyond my currently subscribed content
I cannot - level a monk
I cannot - Participate in the Pet Battle system

The roll any race kind of has no bearing on players with Cata subs, they just have to wait until MoP launch date of Sept. 25th to roll a Pandaren.

I believe i read that you dont need MoP to do pet battles, il try and find the quote.
08/16/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Jezpaku
Gnoll Shaman
I would make one on every realm.
I assure you I got just as excited as everyone else when I first read the announcement. Once I slowed down and read it two or three more times, it began to sink in that the Pandaren would not be available until September 25th. It hurt a little inside.
I wonder if Cataclysm will get a permanent price drop now. Everyone already got the 1-60 revamp for free, and with worgen and goblins now also being free all people are paying for when they buy Cata is the 80-85 content, which really isn't that much.

I'd also say MoP should probably discounted since it's purchase no longer includes pandas as a playable race but maybe they already factored that into the price of the expansion. It still would have been nice to know this information before MoP went on sale though. I mean, I would have bought it anyway but people should have access to this sort of information when making purchasing decisions.
I wonder if Cataclysm will get a permanent price drop now. Everyone already got the 1-60 revamp for free, and with worgen and goblins now also being free all people are paying for when they buy Cata is the 80-85 content, which really isn't that much.

I'd also say MoP should probably discounted since it's purchase no longer includes pandas as a playable race but maybe they already factored that into the price of the expansion. It still would have been nice to know this information before MoP went on sale though. I mean, I would have bought it anyway but people should have access to this sort of information when making purchasing decisions.

You still ned MoP to get Monks, level 90, the new bg's. new zones, new dungeons, new raids, scenarios, and other things. Still plenty of reason to get it.
It says RACES not CLASSES...can people not read or is that something only a few of us learned while in school?
08/16/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Meirâ

The starting areas will be accessible as well. For example, you'll be able to adventure on the Wandering Isle as a pandaren when Mists of Pandaria is released, but you won't be able to visit Pandaria. They're separate locations.

Pandaren characters will be locked until Mists of Pandaria is released. You won't be able to create one. You won't be able to change an existing character into one.

But can you preorder a race change?

Like purchase a race change now and on sept 25th, change into a pandaren?

I'd like to do it for my warrior.

They did this for Cataclysm... so, I don't see why not for MoP. Basically, you pay for a race change and don't utilize it until MoP hits.
08/16/2012 08:47 PMPosted by Studmuffyn
I believe i read that you dont need MoP to do pet battles, il try and find the quote.

5.0.4 patch notes on the PTR forum do not mention pet battles and that's actually a major MoP selling point for a lot of people so I doubt you could pet battle without buying MoP.

As for rolling pandas on patch day, I belive you can't untill MoP release. Blizzard is saying that the patch contains the ability to to create one as part of the overall you can roll a goblin/worgen despite not having Cata. After MoP is release, pandas become unlocked and if you have any version of WoW before MoP but not MoP itself, you can still create a panda and play through the leveling zone(Wandering Isle) then off to regular Azeroth zones to level up to whatever the level cap of the expac you have is(70 for vanilla/BC, 80 for Wrath and 85 for Cata). If you have MoP, you can take the panda all the way to 90.

The DK and Monk are not races but classes that still require the expc they come from in order to play. So yeah, you can roll a panda without having MoP but just not a panda monk or any race that can be a monk.