Will Crafting ever evolve?

Professions
I'm not asking for SWG great, but professions are as complex as pre school finger painting.
The skill trees have been redone so many times, pvp has evolved into arena championships.
The only thing changed in professions is that old world mats have been made ridiculous hard to farm.
Will the professions ever evolve?
kinda off topic but maybe someone could answer both our questions.... (i think it kinda fits in this post too with making crafting more viable maybe?)

doing a bit more research into MOP professions, it kinda sounds to me like they are boosting crafting skills so there is a weeee less demand for raw mats, more crafted/profession based cooldowns.

i know they have cooldowns for tailors and alchemists for their mats, but i read they are making a cooldown for scribes too?

so if this is really the case and in your opinion, are non-gathering professions going to give you more of a bang than before? And gathering a wee bit less of a bang for your time?
I'm not asking for SWG great, but professions are as complex as pre school finger painting.
The skill trees have been redone so many times, pvp has evolved into arena championships.
The only thing changed in professions is that old world mats have been made ridiculous hard to farm.
Will the professions ever evolve?

Based on WoW being 7 years old and on it's decline....

probably not. Unfortunate as that is.

Old world ore nodes an herbs are much more plentiful post-Cata. The real problem is keeping skill ups relevant as you level up. It definitely needs an overhaul, the +3 and +5 patterns that scribes get and the other trades got for their Cata era patterns would go a long way to remedy that.