Can I play WoW w/o Peer to Peer?

Technical Support
I'm living at my college campus right now, and the campus is required to block Peer to Peer programs to prevent online piracy. However, WoW is apparently peer to peer, and I can't play it without requesting a 6 hour peer to peer session, which I get 8 times a month, and which cannot be paused.

I've checked "peer to peer file transfer" as off in the downloader preferences, but that doesn't seem to help.

Is there any way I can play without it being peer to peer, or just turning that off in general? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't think I can deal with just eight 6 hour sessions a month... Especially with MoP coming out soon.
The game its self is not P2P if the campus is blocking it then there settings are wrong you need to talk to the sys admin. most campuses lock down all ports as possible P2P the only part that uses p2p is the downloader
Yes, yes you can play without P2P. P2P is an option that you can enable/disable via the Launcher.

-Open your Launcher window
-Go to Options > Downloader Preferences
-Uncheck the Enable Peer to Peer box

They cover it here (Ignore the D3 grahics. It works the same way) http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/enabledisable-peer-to-peer-protocol
Yes, yes you can play without P2P. P2P is an option that you can enable/disable via the Launcher.

-Open your Launcher window
-Go to Options > Downloader Preferences
-Uncheck the Enable Peer to Peer box

They cover it here (Ignore the D3 grahics. It works the same way) http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/enabledisable-peer-to-peer-protocol

The only part of the program mirosol thats P2P is the downloader disabling it does not sffect the game. If he is haveing issues playing at school its not becouse of p2p its becouse they have blocked the ports for wow
The only part of the program mirosol thats P2P is the downloader disabling it does not sffect the game. If he is haveing issues playing at school its not becouse of p2p its becouse they have blocked the ports for wow

I think that's what's going on... Federal law requires them to block any p2p program, I read up on it. I've tried disabling peer to peer file transfer through the downloader preferences in the launcher, but that doesn't help.

Could I just delete the downloader?
No you can not delete the downloader. turning of P2P will prevent teh downloader from using it. You most likely have to go the System administator and tell them what you are tring to do give them the following port list and have them open the poirts or make a exception for them

TCP ports
World of Warcraft Launcher, Game and Background Downloader

3724, 1119, 1120, 4000, 6112, 6113, 6114, 80, and 6881-6999

UDP ports
3724, 1119, 1120, 4000, 6112, 6113, 6114, 80, and 6881-6999