Shadow Raiding: the Primer

Priest
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
EventHorizon.
Please Sticky Request and 'Like' my posts!

I will do my best to respond to replies but there are also many, many other knowledgeable Shadow Priests that use these forums who would be happy to help you.

I plan on keeping this up to date.
Shackle Undead glyph does not increase range, it just changes the visual appearance.
http://i.imgur.com/brTQk.png

08/19/2012 01:01 AMPosted by Consite
EventHorizon.

Edit:
Make a note of the human spirit racial and how it works with the spirit:hit converter. Humans value spirit over hit for this reason.

While cute, having the link to the dead shadowpriest site seems rather silly.
08/19/2012 01:17 AMPosted by Iapetus
Shackle Undead glyph does not increase range, it just changes the visual appearance.
All of the descriptions will be removed before long when the item links work, but I will update that.

Make a note of the human spirit racial and how it works with the spirit:hit converter. Humans value spirit over hit for this reason.
Good point, will do.

I have it, and will continue to have it, in the post as a memorial to the incredible contribution it made over the years.
Very nice job, Farmer Woody. Looks like this will be an excellent resource for us shadow priests, new and old. Keep it up!
2nd page zomg!

Nice write up - sticky request submitted.
e: you getting back into the raiding scene or is this just your project for MoP?\

this, it's gone, and knowing what i know, will confuse people. i say this as a former user of the website itself, it's ok to let it go. howtopriest is shaping up nicely.
08/19/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Tsilyi
you getting back into the raiding scene

As things stand now I will be raiding with <Electric Sheep> when MoP drops.
As things stand now I will be raiding with <Electric Sheep> when MoP drops.

it's on like donkey kong. >:D
this, it's gone, and knowing what i know, will confuse people. i say this as a former user of the website itself, it's ok to let it go.

Aside from the fact that it's not listed under "Links" it's headed R.I.P. and under the "Thanks" section so that should be somewhat of a hint :P
TY for the mention. And looking at Elitist jerks the other day I do not believe there is a shadow discussion for Mists. Just Holy, Disc, and MoP discussions.

And yes the Shadowpriest.com site is gone completely as far as I can tell. I do not know if WoW achievments is on the chopping block, but it was owned by the same company.

Thank you for the excellent guide, sticky requested, and I hope to be reading it a lot.
Then I don't understand the point of having the forum URL in code tags.
The whole weird "I'll never let go, Jack. I promise." thing about the site ends with a supposed link to something from Marathal, but there's nothing there. Axe the coded URL, add the goodbye letter/link from Marathal.

As an aside, I find it funny that you're saying certain priests have "lit the way" for shadow. :P
The whole weird "I'll never let go, Jack. I promise." thing about the site ends with a supposed link to something from Marathal, but there's nothing there.
As an aside, I find it funny that you're saying certain priests have "lit the way" for shadow. :P

"Please forgive me for and have patience with the not yet implemented, incomplete, preliminary or conflicting sections of this guide. There will be countless updates made over the next few weeks."

Patience Iapetus-son.

It's also funny how my favorite title is "Light of Dawn"
personally i would take angelic feathers over body and soul, it'll be useful for quite a few raid encounters that i've seen when roar is down, especially zor'lok in HoF. soloing? sure, body and soul... but when it comes to helping the raid, ultimately i'd take angelic feathers any day.
When one person runs through one feather it is consumed.
Body and Soul is certainly easier to use, but it's much less versatile.
08/19/2012 01:02 AMPosted by Woaden
Please Sticky Request and 'Like' my posts!

Done.
08/19/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Woaden
When one person runs through one feather it is consumed.

08/19/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Nixxe
Body and Soul is certainly easier to use, but it's much less versatile.

i'd add that angelic feathers can be pre-placed and more than one person can get a speed boost! brilliant!
Sticky requested.

I haven't done more than glance over the entirety of your posts, but they look really good (for now) considering the state at which we're at with beta information.

I'd recommend, unless it's already in there and I missed it, that you provide links to howtopriest.com which is now the go-to site for all priests regarding theorycrafting and discussions.
I remember reading couple days ago (I don't really remember WHERE, but it was a good [and active] priest site) that haste was the lowest stat for us, with crit being the top. Haste just isn't as good as it used to be anymore.