Weather

General Discussion
I remember going to different locations across Azeroth and depending on the climate... there would be weather. If it was a forest/jungle area it would sometimes rain. If it were a snowy area it would snow. I believe there was also thunder storms? Blizzards maybe? But spending most of my days in Orgrimmar I never see weather anymore. I miss walking around in some forest hunting Allies in the rain... it made it more thrilling made Azeroth feel more real. But I haven't seen any weather in a very long time. But this might just be because Orgrimmar.

Does weather even exist anymore?
I know it doesn't in Orgrimmar and I haven't seen any weather in the new Cataclysm zones. I'm pretty sure the weather doesn't change in places like Twilight Highlands or Hyjal, at least I haven't seen any. I don't even think there was weather in Wrath of The Lich King. So my suggestion is... that weather is brought back. If there is still weather in the old zones... then bring it to the new zones. If there isn't weather AT ALL please bring it back. If there is weather in ALL of the locations I mentioned then the chance of the weather changing needs to be drastically increased.

As for why this is important to me... I feel like it brings a sense or realism to WoW makes Azeroth feel more alive... rather than stagnant, unchanging, and eternal. Plus I've always liked rain in videogames... it always adds a more serious tone things.
There still is weather. Just the other night I was flying around elwynn forest for no apparent reason, and it started to rain. the skies darkened a little bit, and it intensified a bit as well. I was in awe...the rain splashed and pooled up on the ground. I was pleasantly suprised!
The weather DOES exist in Ogrimmar. Forecast: Sunny and dry. Film at eleven...
Still rains/snows/dust-storms in the appropriate old world zones it used to - though I think it is much less often. I also remember thunderstorms that no longer happen. I have never seen weather in Twilight Highlands or Uldum, but have noticed rain enough in Mt. Hyjal to wonder if it's a storm going through, or part of the Regrowth phasing - and it's only in parts of Regrowth I have seen it.
08/17/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Aethelmarc
Still rains/snows/dust-storms in the appropriate old world zones it used to - though I think it is much less often. I also remember thunderstorms that no longer happen. I have never seen weather in Twilight Highlands or Uldum, but have noticed rain enough in Mt. Hyjal to wonder if it's a storm going through, or part of the Regrowth phasing - and it's only in parts of Regrowth I have seen it.
If its only in parts then its probably just phasing.
I was in a total downpour in Azshara a couple of weeks ago. It was so bad, visibility was low. I finally had to shelter under an arch in the ruins.

I loved it! More! More!
And if the above comments are true then I feel like the "proc rate" or whatever you want to call it should be increased for zones that do have weather changes and should be added to zones that don't have weather changes. I also wouldn't mind if they could actually implement things like... winter/fall in places that it would make sense during those real life seasons. I wouldn't mind seeing a snow-capped Orgrimmar during Winter's Veil (ya, I know it doesn't snow in deserts... I can dream can't I?) Or Elwynn forest in the fall. The only place that I think should never have weather is Silvermoon because according to lore they have magic keeping the weather perfect at all times.
I believe there is an option to change the weather effects to lower or higher.

Edit: I guess I was mistaken I cannot find it at all in options. I swear their used to be a weather setting.
I hate being in rain, in game and in real life. I've been working on Loremaster and there have been a few times I'd have to hang out in a hut waiting for the rain to stop so I can continue questing. It's not just low level zones, I've been rained on in Tol Barad too.

It's been a while since I've seen snow though, and years since I've seen an earthquake (azerothquake?). Thunder and lightning would be awesome! Maybe a windstorm/tornado? Blizz - more weather!

And an umbrella... I need an umbrella.
I hate being in rain, in game and in real life. I've been working on Loremaster and there have been a few times I'd have to hang out in a hut waiting for the rain to stop so I can continue questing. It's not just low level zones, I've been rained on in Tol Barad too.

It's been a while since I've seen snow though, and years since I've seen an earthquake (azerothquake?). Thunder and lightning would be awesome! Maybe a windstorm/tornado? Blizz - more weather!

And an umbrella... I need an umbrella.

... They had earthquakes??? Also even though I like the rain its kinda nice to sit in a hut to further appreciate the rain. Or the hut. Whichever makes you feel better.