Account-wide Mounts, Pets, and Achievements

General Discussion
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 Next
My apologies for being late to this massive thread and for not having time to read every previous post. Please allow me to throw my two cents on the table since this seems to be the appropriate thread for what I have to say... and forgive me for any unintentional redundancy.

Mounts:
I'm puzzled, trying to find the logical explanation for why the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth and the Choppers did not go cross-faction with this patch. But I'm even more puzzled at losing them in a recent faction change when there are clearly opposing faction equivalents available. Put another way, I didn't expect to retain my Alliance mounts but I did expect to receive the Horde equivalents when I switched (as with the racial mounts). I don't "get" the difference. An explanation as to whether this is intentional, an oversight, or just a bug that'll eventually get fixed would be nice. But y'all know what I really want to hear. :)

Pets:
O M G
Being both an altoholic and a petoholic has come back to smack me in the face. I have almost 2,000 pets - can't learn any more because I'm over the pre-caging 1500 limit - and I'm told I will have to cage each and every duplicate over three when MoP hits.
O M G
Seriously? Am I expected to do that just once or for every single alt?
O M G

Off soapbox & thanks for listening. :)
Mount sharing is pretty fun. Especially if you worked hard enough on an alt for a mount that drops oh like .01% of the time for example. It would be pretty cool. Or questline mounts (see Venomhide Raptor) for factions.
My apologies for being late to this massive thread and for not having time to read every previous post. Please allow me to throw my two cents on the table since this seems to be the appropriate thread for what I have to say... and forgive me for any unintentional redundancy.

Mounts:
I'm puzzled, trying to find the logical explanation for why the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth and the Choppers did not go cross-faction with this patch. But I'm even more puzzled at losing them in a recent faction change when there are clearly opposing faction equivalents available. Put another way, I didn't expect to retain my Alliance mounts but I did expect to receive the Horde equivalents when I switched (as with the racial mounts). I don't "get" the difference. An explanation as to whether this is intentional, an oversight, or just a bug that'll eventually get fixed would be nice. But y'all know what I really want to hear. :)

I believe the decision to not allow mounts like the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth to go account wide was because they provide a tangible benefit (vendors / repair NPC on demand) to your character, and as such, Blizzard views those specific mounts as a per-character investment, rather then simply a "mount".

As to the Hog / Chopper. I believe the rationale is that with the change to mounts being account wide, Faction specific mounts (especially player crafted ones) would not make sense to be completely account wide, but rather only Faction wide. If you buy a Hog on horde side, you should get the hog for all your horde toons. You shouldnt automatically get a Chopper as well because the Chopper is a completely different mount. Getting 2 different mounts for the Price of 1 wouldnt really make sense. Under the old system, it made sense when you faction changed, because you still only had 1 mount after the change. You lost your hog to get a chopper (or vise versa)

Pets:
O M G
Being both an altoholic and a petoholic has come back to smack me in the face. I have almost 2,000 pets - can't learn any more because I'm over the pre-caging 1500 limit - and I'm told I will have to cage each and every duplicate over three when MoP hits.
O M G
Seriously? Am I expected to do that just once or for every single alt?
O M G

Off soapbox & thanks for listening. :)
Being that they are Account wide, Any change to your pet list affects ALL characters, so you should only have to Tag and Bag the duplicates once. Plus, think of all the cash back you will be getting if you manage to sell some of them.
Fenella,
Thank you so much for your reply!
09/17/2012 08:17 AMPosted by Fenella
I believe the decision to not allow mounts like the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth to go account wide was because they provide a tangible benefit (vendors / repair NPC on demand) to your character, and as such, Blizzard views those specific mounts as a per-character investment, rather then simply a "mount".

I get that logic except that, in reality, I *did* get both the chopper and the mammoth account-wide to this extent: all my Ally characters got them but Horde did not (I assume because they were originally purchased on the Ally side).

If you buy a Hog on horde side, you should get the hog for all your horde toons. You shouldnt automatically get a Chopper as well because the Chopper is a completely different mount. Getting 2 different mounts for the Price of 1 wouldnt really make sense.

Yes, the Chopper and the Hog are completely different mounts... but then so are (e.g.) elekks and wolves. My Ally toons didn't get wolves nor did my Horde toons get elekks. I never expected to get cross-faction mounts and I'm actually okay with that. My complaint is losing the chopper (and the mammoth) in the faction change under the "new" system whereas I don't believe I would have under the "old" system. Am I wrong?

Being that they are Account wide, Any change to your pet list affects ALL characters, so you should only have to Tag and Bag the duplicates once. Plus, think of all the cash back you will be getting if you manage to sell some of them.

I hope you're correct! Although I can't imagine how long it will take me to cage them all... even once. Ugh! But you're right, if I'm able to resell the pets - if they don't remain soulbound - that will lessen the sting.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled with the account-wide system overall. I only groused a tiny bit at having spent the time and money farming/buying so many pets and mounts for each toon over the years. It was my choice to do so and there's no blaming Blizzard or anyone else for that.
I'll add a bit more information. :)

09/17/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Sufia
I get that logic except that, in reality, I *did* get both the chopper and the mammoth account-wide to this extent: all my Ally characters got them but Horde did not (I assume because they were originally purchased on the Ally side).

These mounts ARE account-wide. However, they're only account-wide on their respective faction.
This is because the mounts are DIFFERENT mounts (faction-specific) depending on what faction you're on

Yes, the Chopper and the Hog are completely different mounts... but then so are (e.g.) elekks and wolves. My Ally toons didn't get wolves nor did my Horde toons get elekks. I never expected to get cross-faction mounts and I'm actually okay with that. My complaint is losing the chopper (and the mammoth) in the faction change under the "new" system whereas I don't believe I would have under the "old" system. Am I wrong?

This is because account-wide mounts no longer convert to their faction equivalent as of Patch 5.0.5.

09/15/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Orlyia
Faction specific mounts used to convert over - since they are on a master list now and all your characters (on that faction) share them, they no longer do so.

...Sigh. I can't even get my chopper and golden king back, can I?

Those are both faction specific I'm afraid, so no. But 'getting back' is a little misleading. They aren't gone - they should still be on the faction you changed from for any characters that may be there, they just didn't come with you to your new faction.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6571627771?page=1#6

When my character changes factions, what does the character lose?
Account-wide mounts will not be exchanged for cross-faction equivalents.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/faction-change-faq#q9
Novalas,
Thank you, too, for your reply and for taking the time to link threads I had not seen.

So am I correct in concluding that account-wide mounts that are strictly "faction" specific are NOT retained during a faction change but that the sub-category of "racial" specific mounts are?
<is still a bit confused here>

TBH, it's hard for me to tell for certain without doing the in-game research needed, but it appears that the character which transferred from Ally to Horde *did* get all the equivalent "racial" mounts for the six races she was "entitled" to. Admittedly, that may not be the case and she may have gotten them simply because other Horde toons had already acquired them. I have no idea how to tell which is which at this point.

[EDITED FOR CLARITY]
09/17/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Sufia
So am I correct in concluding that account-wide mounts that are strictly "faction" specific are NOT retained during a faction change but that the sub-category of "racial" specific mounts are?

AFAIK, no faction-specific mount will convert to its faction equivalent when you faction change now.
You probably had the mounts on Horde characters prior to the change.
I may be wrong but I did read a thread where a player stated that when they only had 2 mounts when they faction changed.
Thanks again, Novalas. That would certainly explain my confusion over the issue in general.

[EDIT] Aha! You are correct that racial mounts did NOT transfer. I didn't notice I was missing the Troll raptors which I had yet to acquire on other toons.
any hope for the requeriments of tailoring and engineering to be removed from the flying carpets and machines, one MoP goes live?
09/18/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Shinikage
any hope for the requeriments of tailoring and engineering to be removed from the flying carpets and machines, one MoP goes live?

Nothing has been said to suggest that so I doubt that the requirements will be lifted. :\
Sorry for being late to the conversation, but I had just a quick question. To define 'account-wide,' does this mean that if I delete the toon I had originally earned the mount or pet on, it will not effect it now that it's shared? Or do I risk losing the pet or mount entirely from all toons?

Just clarifying. Thanks!
(removed by poster)
As a heads up to the community. Don't account transfer a character with achievement based pets or mounts if you don't already have the achievements on the account that you are transferring too. I decided to break my single account into 2 so i could separate my characters from my little brothers (bugger had been leaching off of my account for years) and so i moved my main and alt 85's to this one. So all my achievements transferred correctly, however the pets and mounts were lost for them. So now i have no way to re-obtain them except for asking for a full achievement wipe and doing all the "Fun" (painful grinding and pure time based reward achieves). still waiting on blizz to read my support ticket but doesn't seem very promising lol.
Sorry for being late to the conversation, but I had just a quick question. To define 'account-wide,' does this mean that if I delete the toon I had originally earned the mount or pet on, it will not effect it now that it's shared? Or do I risk losing the pet or mount entirely from all toons?

Just clarifying. Thanks!

Once a mount/pet is added to your 'shared list' via learning it, you can delete the character that originally obtained the mount/pet and still be able to retain use of it.

Refer to this.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6412414802?page=1#5

09/20/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Kindaholy
As a heads up to the community. Don't account transfer a character with achievement based pets or mounts if you don't already have the achievements on the account that you are transferring too. I

To add to this, the FAQ was updated about a week ago.
There was also a blue post in CS.
This is not a bug so the GM probably wont do anything. :(
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6572967666
Yeah i wish i had seen the sticky post before i had decided to split the account. I never really thought it was a bug since that could easily be exploited for cloning the pet lists onto other accounts and selling them on the AH.
great thing just need to seperate the list of shared and incomplete for specific toons or get the acheive #s right in the rosters this is annoying tring to figure out what one are incompplete on my specific toons
Acquiring a faction specific mount should provide your account with access to the opposite faction's equivalent for use on characters of the appropriate faction in order to be consistent with stated design philosophy and to minimize the impact on cross-faction recruitment.

In Ghostcrawler's blog explaining the decision to make achievements and mounts:
Ghostcrawler:
Overall, we never want you to play Character A instead of Character B because of achievement concerns. If Character A had the Violet Proto-Drake, then you might not play Character B. If Character A was only one holiday away from the Violet Proto-Drake, then you may not play Character B. If Character A had completed most of the raid achievements from Dragon Soul, you may not want to bring Character B for one fight and miss out on the achievement. Having alts is cool and working on achievements is cool, but we don’t want the two systems to work against each other.

I see no possible reason why that philosophy should not apply to cross faction characters as well. Limiting these rewards to only one faction forces the player to choose between playing Character A of one faction versus Character B of the other faction. Therefore, in order to be consistent with design philosophy, earning the faction specific reward for Character A should also provide the equivalent reward for Character B.

Furthermore, even without appealing to Ghostcrawler's blog, we can see that the current system will cause potential problems for cross-faction recruitment. An alliance player who is interested in joining Blood Legion should not be discouraged because he would lose access to his Crusader's White Warhorse. A player who saved up gold for months to buy their prized mechanohog should not be discouraged from joining an alliance guild that fits their limited schedule because they would no longer have their bike.
I pity the fool!
Edited by Subzerroo on 2/25/12 10:49 PM (PST) Hello Blizzard. I have a question. I have an idea for a new expansion after the new expansion coming out Mists of Pandaria. The new expansion idea i have in mind is the Rise of The Lich King.
IDEAS:
It starts out as the Lich King rising from the frozen throne. Since it has been so long since the Lich King was last seen no one really cares about him or think hes a high threat. So he comes out of the dead and trys to take Azeroth back over and take the frozen throne back. In the game the new continent pandaria gets taken over by the Lich King and his new improved army of the scourge.

He has Northerend under his control. You can be able to pick between a good Death Knight or a Death Knight who actually works for the Lich King and aren't on Alliance or Horde. The Lich King is even stronger and does not have his helmet so you get to see the enemies face more. The world from the cataclysm is restored like it was before. The Lich King comes and kills Highlord Tirion. And Horde and Alliance have to work together to fight the scourge and defeat the Lich King for the final time.

There are way more cut scenes. To get to the Lich King you have to go through flashbacks from way back where the Burning Crusade and you defeat bosses there and then you finally go onto the LICH KING... The Lich King finds a new weapon that i thought could be put in the game (if the game is looked toward in the future) called Deathwielder and it has the power to give off death and such and summon the dead that were slayed with the sword back under his command.

So just say he killed something he can always summon it to fight by his side and emits a glow of a dark light, The level cap is raised to one hundred, but the XP you have to earn is lessend there should be new dungeons and battlegrounds and arenas. New gear, new weapons, new mounts. That is all i've gotten so far, so please answer me back with this question i would highly appreciate it, and i tried to talk to a Gm in the game about this and he told me to go on the forums, so im happy he told me to do that. Thank you. :) #1
8/22/2012
Like DislikeTrollingSpamReportYou have already rated this item.

Reply Quote
Not reading all these posts, but I would like to say that buying pets is now a huge PITA.

Search auction house, see a pet I might not have. Open Mounts and Pets screen which closes Auction House. Go to Pet Journal, Search for pet name. See I have the pet. Reopen Auction House, search for all pets again. Click tediously to get back to whichever page of pets I was on. Find another pet I may not have. Open Mounts and Pets screen which closes Auction House. Repeat.

Why when I go to a mount vendor does it simply say, "Already known," but not when I'm looking at pets?