[Guardian] - MoP Tanking Guide (5.4)

Druid
Prev 1 10 11 12 23 Next
02/01/2013 08:32 PMPosted by Dahrn
Since I've got a good chunk of mastery on my gear, my armor is relatively high. Tanking heroics, LFR and Sha have gone quite smooth. I'm considering keeping it this way. Thoughts?

You can try it, but you'll probably find that you'll need more Rage than you would currently get right now. Especially for some of the stuff that hits harder.
Thus far, I've been able to keep savage defense up as often as the "cooldown" lets me. I haven't thrown a whole lot of frenzied regen, but between my four damage cooldowns (bark skin, survival instincts, Might of Ursoc, and symbiosis on a DK for bone armor) and NS/HT, it's pretty easy to keep myself pretty well topped off. As far as rage generation goes, it should be the same for Sha or LFR mobs (level 93 bosses) as far as my attacks missing is concerned. It hasn't been an issue at all.

But you're right in that I haven't seen a whole lot of terribly difficult content. I'm very curious to see how this build goes.
I'm still a n00b at this game, but I seem to have a problem holding aggro for multiple mobs. Can any1 help me with this?
02/06/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Sinsfor
I'm still a n00b at this game, but I seem to have a problem holding aggro for multiple mobs. Can any1 help me with this?

Low level Guardian-ing is pretty painful. You should have just picked up Swipe which should make it better.

When you get Thrash at 28 you'll be fine. It's just a matter of suffering until then :\
11/28/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Patri
How are you guys liking the new Empowered Maul? Is it something that makes Maul worth using?

Empowered maul is pretty !@#$ing stupid like I thought it would be. I use it every now and then, like fights like Garalon...but I mean....Blizzard doesn't understand %^-* about druid tanks.

Oh, and Tier 15 bonuses for druid tanks are the WORST ever.....Because of that, they shouldn't even be BIS after next patch.
02/06/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Morphina
like fights like Garalon

Garalon doesn't autoattack except on Heroic.....and you dump extra Rage into FR then anyway....

T&C is actually really good when used correctly, and synergizes well with Savage Defense.

02/06/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Morphina
Oh, and Tier 15 bonuses for druid tanks are the WORST ever

lolwut
The bear set bonuses actually look really solid, it's just they're not passive no-brainers like the current T14 ones.

edit: http://ptr.wowhead.com/forums&topic=210207#tier15-druid

Item - Druid T15 Guardian 2P Bonus: Each attack you dodge while Savage Defense is active increases the healing from your next Frenzied Regeneration within 10 sec by 10%, stacking up to 10 times.
Item - Druid T15 Guardian 4P Bonus: You generate 50% more Rage from your attacks while Enrage is active.
There are a couple possibilities here for the inconsistency with T&C:

1) It was a brand new ability at the time, and it often takes a few weeks for people to work out the theorycrafting fully. I know, for instance, when the expansion was brand new I thought to myself "There is no way I'm going to reforge to Haste as a Prot Paladin!" and you could find a lot of math to suggest that it was silly. It took a while for it to gain acceptance among even the theorycrafters.

2) It's been buffed in a hotfix since that post. I don't remember if this is the case, but it's possible. /shrug

3) Believe it or not, Arielle is a human being and as such is entitled to be wrong once in a blue moon. You should be more sympathetic - judging by some of the posts I've seen you make on these boards recently, you are wrong quite often.
wrong quite often? thats just an opinion. You might disagree with what I think, but wrong? there is no "fact" in some of this stuff
There are a couple possibilities here for the inconsistency with T&C:

1) It was a brand new ability at the time, and it often takes a few weeks for people to work out the theorycrafting fully. I know, for instance, when the expansion was brand new I thought to myself "There is no way I'm going to reforge to Haste as a Prot Paladin!" and you could find a lot of math to suggest that it was silly. It took a while for it to gain acceptance among even the theorycrafters.

2) It's been buffed in a hotfix since that post. I don't remember if this is the case, but it's possible. /shrug

3) Believe it or not, Arielle is a human being and as such is entitled to be wrong once in a blue moon. You should be more sympathetic - judging by some of the posts I've seen you make on these boards recently, you are wrong quite often.

That would be accurate. If there were any actual inconsistencies in between:

T&C is actually really good when used correctly, and synergizes well with Savage Defense.

And

The only time you can really afford to use it currently is when you're not actually tanking.

There are isolated situations where you will be able to sqeeuze in a Maul (whether or not T&C is up) when tanking a boss, but they aren't that common purely because our RPS isn't high enough yet.
02/06/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Morphina
Proc is up, I can get a little more dps. That's why I said I use it on fights like Garalon

I don't under why do you mentioned this if you knew that already? The proc doesn't do anything for DPS or anything of the sort. You could, however, forsake SD and go simply for Maul with a little bit of FR every now and again (cool downs for Crushes).

02/06/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Arielle
Garalon doesn't autoattack except on Heroic

Does he actually even melee? It doesn't feel like it >.< If only he were threatening in phase 2 lol
using empower maul itself gives u some added dps...not the proc itself. I never said that. you are reading too deeply into what I am saying and trying to pull !@#$ out.

also, did heroic stone guards. yawn. so shut the !@#$ up
Using Maul does. Not Empowered Maul. I guess I got confused by your wording.

02/06/2013 09:36 PMPosted by Morphina
also, did heroic stone guards. yawn. so shut the !@#$ up

No. You're being unnecessarily rude. And you STILL missed my point =)
Does he actually even melee? It doesn't feel like it >.< If only he were threatening in phase 2 lol
He has a really slow swing timer.
Item - Druid T15 Guardian 2P Bonus: Each attack you dodge while Savage Defense is active increases the healing from your next Frenzied Regeneration within 10 sec by 10%, stacking up to 10 times.
Item - Druid T15 Guardian 4P Bonus: You generate 50% more Rage from your attacks while Enrage is active.

the 2p bonus seems really good, i tested it on horridon during lfr weekend, heals like 500k and only with 50k vengeance
4p seems weak, with the crit values now we always have rage almost entire fight, imagine with 522 items, like 55% or more maybe ^^
With the new dailies that came out, you can get a ilvl 522 necklace from the shado-pan assault vendor for 1250 valor. The best part? You don't even need rep. It requires neutral. Flanker's Battletags
sticky!!!!!
Most likely a dumb question, but - when is it worth while to break the T14 4pc LFR?