[Guardian] - MoP Tanking Guide (5.4)

Druid
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next
Nice work on the guide!
Hey Arielle, not sure if you are still on the boards much, I know you are busy with your site and all. Any chance you can take a peak at my gear? I feel my rps is fine, but I feel my dps is lacking, should I be caring about this? I feel I could contribute more if I put out more DPS considering the biggest spot my guild 10m struggles with is lack of solid DPS. Any opinions on gemming and what not would be appreciated. Thank you.
11/22/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Whodo
Any chance you can take a peak at my gear?

Looks fine to me.

I feel my rps is fine, but I feel my dps is lacking, should I be caring about this?

Without a log it's really hard to tell what the "problem" is, or if there's a problem at all. I tried looking for your guild, but couldn't find anything. Does your guild log? If so, where are they?

I feel I could contribute more if I put out more DPS considering the biggest spot my guild 10m struggles with is lack of solid DPS. Any opinions on gemming and what not would be appreciated. Thank you.

In terms of gemming and reforging, Edgy recently added Guardian calculations to Cattus - which is a really good reforging calculator. Try that out and see if there's anything else you can min/max out of your gear: http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574
I've been out of the loop for quite a few months now... I wonder how jacked up I am. Gonna take the time to reread your whole thread tonight and then (maybe) fix myself.
Gearing up my druid, feels similar to my warrior tank wise. Was using your armory for reference Arielle but I have a question.

Why are you going for some agi socket bonus' (your helm, +180 agi) but skipping others (your chest, also +180 agi)?
11/29/2013 07:46 AMPosted by Bladestorm
Why are you going for some agi socket bonus' (your helm, +180 agi) but skipping others (your chest, also +180 agi)?

I'm eyeballing my reforges and putting in gems where I need them. Obviously it makes more sense to grab a socket bonus where possible as opposed to going out of my way to avoid them beyond gemming pure Crit where possible.

If I could I'd have pure Crit gems, but sometimes I need a Hit or Exp gem.
Ahh I see, Ill probably be tanking cm's soon on my druid because I adore the set and i'd like to get my 3rd CM mount. Is crit still the best stat for low ilvls? Or would I benefit more from stam. Thanks!
11/30/2013 04:21 AMPosted by Bladestorm
Ahh I see, Ill probably be tanking cm's soon on my druid because I adore the set and i'd like to get my 3rd CM mount. Is crit still the best stat for low ilvls? Or would I benefit more from stam. Thanks!

Stack Crit for CMs (after Hit/Exp capping), and use CDs effectively.
Hey there!

I just ding 90, and for now will work on a Resto spec.

But after, I'll gear up as a tank, wich is the funnest spec for me; I've got some questions based on tanking pandaria dungeons while leveling:

- What are the best situations to spend rage on Frenzied R. or Savage D.?
- If I'm on a comfortable health condition, I'm expected to keep 100% uptime on Savage D.?
- I've read on the guide that Maul is like one of the spells you'll be using the least, given the necessity to use the other rage dumps.
12/26/2013 03:27 PMPosted by Ershin
- What are the best situations to spend rage on Frenzied R. or Savage D.?

You have to know what kind of damage you're taking. FR for damage that can't be dodged, and SD for damage that can be dodged.

- If I'm on a comfortable health condition, I'm expected to keep 100% uptime on Savage D.?

If you're being meleed by something that actually does damage, yes.

- I've read on the guide that Maul is like one of the spells you'll be using the least, given the necessity to use the other rage dumps.

It's on the bottom, but if you're capping rage and have no reason to use FR or SD, go ahead and use it. Once you get enough Rage generation, you'll be using it for T&C as well.
For Rage generation purposes, melee Critical Strike has a soft cap of 76% against bosses which shows as 79% on your character sheet.

Just wanna be sure, at 76% crit, Bears should not stack anymore crit?

Is this the crit% where, say mastery, gets a bump in value? I don't think dodge will ever have value worth gemming/reforging.
it's 79% crit raidbuffed, because tanks reduce 3% crit, reducing you to the 76% crit cap

it's a cap because your autoattacks cannot crit more than 76% of the time, as the other 24% is all glancing blows that cant be canceled out by more crit. A lot of our rage gen comes from autoattacks, so youre better off going haste after that point for more rage gen, on top of more tooth&claw procs.

Crit above 76% still works for special attacks though, so youll still get more rage from mangle, but itll be negligible.
As I recall, Crit past the soft cap gives a little bit more DPS than going to Haste, but Haste will provide you with more RPS.
01/09/2014 10:26 AMPosted by Mageski
As I recall, Crit past the soft cap gives a little bit more DPS than going to Haste, but Haste will provide you with more RPS.

Crit is much higher DPS than Haste past the softcap, but around 1/3 the RPS.
This thread is really helpful. Thank you!
I'm not sure about my second trinket slot, should i really bother going back in ToT to get an heroic Talisman of Bloodlust or is there comparable options in SoO?

Comparable for RPS? No.

Comparable in terms of overall value, sure. TTT and Haromm's are both really good.
Thanks everyone for all the advice on tanking the CMs I found in this thread, had a blast doing them!
Was fun running the alt Mage with you in flex last Friday!
Great guide! This made this so much easier for me to learn about my rotation/talents/cooldowns, and also I found the stat info really helpful on the crit cap. Really good job and I hope you update this when the new expac hits!