The Mighty Holy Nova

Priest
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
Give us confetti explosion or give us death!
So apparently the new atonement changes don't apply to holy nova....
Apparently none of you checked the level 90 talents.They *all* heal allies and damage enemies.. for like every freaking spec in the game.So mix of aoe fear + level 90 talents.. you'll be fine. Plus I didn't check, but I don't think we lost mind sear as disc did we?

No you did not lose mind sear. You now have 1 hits everyone on a CD, and 2 hits 5. So you can't guarantee a flag protect against a large group, one of your hits 5 is on a cool down but instant, the other requires channeling so someone can actively interrupt you. This seems fair to me. They can get if from you but they have to work at it.
Simply put Holy Nova must return as a baseline priest spell. It is a vital defensive spell in PVP. However, because of healing priest's, specifically disc, numerous problems it is not a real glyph option because we're forced to choose other glyphs.
11/02/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Sassinak
You now have 1 hits everyone on a CD, and 2 hits 5. So you can't guarantee a flag protect against a large group, one of your hits 5 is on a cool down but instant, the other requires channeling so someone can actively interrupt you. This seems fair to me. They can get if from you but they have to work at it.

Holy Nova wasn't a massive spell boost but it kept people topped off. Holy Word: Serenity and Holy Nova meant that my groups survived all but boss battles without using any direct heals. It was a valueble part of a priest's rotation and it looked cool. Unless you are a max level disc you don't have any other legitamently cool looking spells. Power Word: Barrier is cool but 3min between each use is harsh for something with that little actual reduction. When you are blocking regular and even boss level AoE's in a dungeon the barrier just isnt much. I'm not attacking disc, that isn't the purpose. I'm just saying our spells aren't flashy. Holy Nova is.
I'd like to see it linked to atonement, perhaps as the holy / disc version of mind sear. Like shadow gets mind sear and the other two get holy nova. Of course with reasonable mana cost, it was too high before.
11/03/2012 01:29 AMPosted by Fuzzycharles
I'd like to see it linked to atonement, perhaps as the holy / disc version of mind sear. Like shadow gets mind sear and the other two get holy nova. Of course with reasonable mana cost, it was too high before.

Kind of like how Arcane Explosion stacks the "debuff" for mages now? Speaking of Arcane Explosion, that spell looks amazing.... it's HUGE. Can we get the range extended on Holy Nova if it is to remain a glyph?
I also miss holy nova... Been playing wow since Wotlk and I miss Holy Nova, Psychic Horror (Hating shadow orbs), Mind Control, Mana Burn and Hymn.

I throw up a question.. which funny.. I mean really funny skills we have? Like DK's copycat stuff that should be ours anyways, cause we read minds and they do not.
Is it true priests are getting this back as baseline in 5.1?
Anyone know anything about WaleIron's question? I haven't seen anything on the news sites, but I only check them every couple days so I'm bound to miss things. Is Holy Nova coming back in 5.1? If so, anyone got a link to the story?
I have not seen anything regarding holy nova returning as baseline. Would love to see where you guys saw this...

I'm hoping they at least increase the radius to make it equal to arcane explosion. I would actually glyph it if they did!
This abilities base damage and healing are tremendously low, and the spell power % that the ability scales with is also incredibly low. Is there a particular reasoning to this, or is it just a gross oversight? Discipline has very little in the way of effective AoE, and this glyph/ability seems like it would be a good match for the spec, if only this ability actually scaled at a remotely reasonable rate. I'm sure holy would like it too, if it were improved.

What do people in the community think? Should this ability be improved, or left to collect dust? And if so, why?
Anyone?
I glyph Holy Nova waiting on the Rumbling Terrace for Galleon to spawn.
(He never does it seems.) Holy Nova may be good for tagging something?

Anyway, spirit procs from Relic of Chi'ji the darkmoon card deck trinket causes
Holy Nova to turn more opaque and light mint green.

If Blizzard buffed Holy Nova to do damage in PVP, I'd be pvping!!!!!!!

>Watch out for that disc priest's Holy !@# NOva!

It's a problem as Disc. They also brought back Power Word: Death's 20% health limitation

It's kind of sad that pvp disc has to glyph death just to have something to combat cc. It's a mostly useless glyph otherwise.
holy nova was supposed to be the aoe healing spell for disc and prayer of healing for holy. Since they did not remove prayer of healing for disc, holy nova is going to eventually be removed from the game.
I feel they should bring back nova to baseline spells and also create it so when you go shadowform it turns into [Shadow Nova]. This could also help with Shadow aoe as Mind Sear isn't strong?
I remember healing heroic yor'sahj toward the end of cata, and on the adds blood, I would spam holy nova. I had something rediculous like 341 casts of nova during one fight... It WAS actually useful. The only reason I was spamming it was fun, as by the end of cata, healing wasn't hard.

I just can't understand why it's a glyph...

Was there some GOOD reason for doing so, and is there some GOOD reason not to bring it back? I'm curious.
Solo old content, and LFR Hagara Lightning Phase were where I used it. And nothing else could have possibly covered for those.