Theramore's Fall: Now Live for Level-85 Players

General Discussion
Prev 1 44 45 46 52 Next
It was bad, and here is why. No pre-story to it (yes I recently found out that you have to buy a book called tides of war or something but i'm not doing that) so I'm completely lost. The scenerio itself is way to short and barely a storyline to it. In short on this part of the subject, there is just no lore. When this thing was announced I was honestly expecting what Blizz has done in the past. Example LK the dead attacked the major cities, and cata there was the birth of the twilight. Most of all there was quest and a storyline. In my opinion and to best explain the criticism this pre-launch was like having all the good flirting leading up to hours of great sex only to have it as horrible as you could possibly imagine.
there was so much cool lore behind the fall of theramore.

unfortunately, we who don't read the books will have no idea about it.

That "scenario" ends with a big "WAT"
09/18/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Elae
did people whine and cry about how much of a disappointment the pre-wrath and pre-cata content was?
Pre-Wrath was epic. Massive.

I missed out on the BC portal opening, so can't say anything there. Cata ... eh. MoP - got the 'cheevo, no need to go again.
*flushes toilet*
nuff said
I think its great that the patch is finally here. Its great to get players warmed up with this new scenario, and excited about the game again.
However: GEARCHECK!
Stating it is open to all lvl 85 players is a half-truth. A gearcheck of 350+ means only the players who have raid gear on will be able to enter. Lets just say the average casual player completed cataclysm pugs, and even a few heroic pugs. Average GS of 333? Lets even assume a "casual" player ran heroics, is chanted and gemed up. now thay may make 350, but just barly.

How can you say its for all lvl 85 players when your enforcing a gearcheck that high?
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHEN I WILL ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO PLAY WORLD OF WARCRAFT BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN:
A LOT MORE THAN
HOURS ;)
oohh nvm :)
So after all the incessant QQ about the scenario, I wondered if it was actually as bad as the whiners made it out to be. The answer to that question is a resounding "No!"

If you say it only took you five minutes - You're lying.

If you say it contained no lore or story - You're lying (or you're just stupid).

If you say the rewards aren't worth it - You're lying.

If you say you didn't have fun - You're either lying, or you're really really hard to please.

I had a good time. I killed lots of filthy Orc scum. I killed lots of filthy Goblin scum. I burninated boats. I taunted siege machines and cast burning infernals down onto Rok'nah's head. Took about 20 minutes and it was a genuinely enjoyable experience that I plan on repeating.

Was it as good as the zombie invasion from pre-Wrath? No. Was it meant to be? No. Taken in context and as it is (instead of what players made it out to be), it was really well done. I look forward to more scenarios in the future.
It's terrible. and why did you make the RNG of the vanity loot so low? I'm just trying to get the staff and so far 6 runs with only fireworks in the bag (on top of having to wait long). Next time have events be solo-able for the rewards
So after all the incessant QQ about the scenario, I wondered if it was actually as bad as the whiners made it out to be. The answer to that question is a resounding "No!"

If you say it contained no lore or story - You're lying (or you're just stupid).

If you say you didn't have fun - You're either lying, or you're really really hard to please.

I had a good time. I killed lots of filthy Orc scum. I killed lots of filthy Goblin scum. I burninated boats. I taunted siege machines and cast burning infernals down onto Rok'nah's head. Took about 20 minutes and it was a genuinely enjoyable experience that I plan on repeating.

Was it as good as the zombie invasion from pre-Wrath? No. Was it meant to be? No. Taken in context and as it is (instead of what players made it out to be), it was really well done. I look forward to more scenarios in the future.

I think you missed most of the point of the feedback. We aren't saying there is no lore, just that it's lore that is missing some major pieces found only in the books. Many of us were left scratching our heads. As for the length, it's much shorter than a dungeon, which is nice. However, the whole thing felt like a massive trash pull. The fact that it is done with 3 players, regardless of spec, shows how easy this fight is. Nobody said the rewards aren't worth it. They are well worth it. You should look at what people are saying for what it is, feedback. We like this idea of scenarios. I think the majority of players, including myself, were a little disappointed because we wanted a pre-Mists event. This is by no means what we were hoping for. It is merely a peak at something we will have regular access to once the expansion is live.
It's sad that Jaina and Garrosh and Varian are basically all raging at their opposite faction in unison now. Thrall is probably slamming his head into a wall as we speak.
I enjoyed it.

I agree it would have been more fun as a solo event though. Putting something like that as a group thing kinda forces you to be rushed through if you're PuGing; to a lesser extent if you run with your guild but still not at the slow pace I was hoping for as someone who read the book and wanted to really explore the situation.

After the 5th time we started rushing. By the 15th run last night I think, were it a challenge mode, we'd be breaking some pretty sweet times. That AoE rogue stealth is prettttty nifty.

I like the prizes though, and Thalen was great.
09/18/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Mork

A random shadow priest pug and I did the whole thing in 8 minutes. This was with our hunter pug sitting AFK at the start for half the scenario before dropping out. Bear in mind that I haven't done much this expansion due to real life and only have a piddly 366 overall iLevel which means I'm pretty sure the shadow priest could have soloed a lot of it.

Anyone with half a brain and any dungeon experience can run through the horde side version skipping mobs just by hugging the wall after step 2. That eliminates most of the time sink right there.

Oh, it contained lore. I doubt many will dispute that. But the lore made no sense unless you've read a source outside of the game. I can give them a little bit of a pass on this point, however, since it is a level 90 scenario and we'll likely get some lead up during leveling in Pandaria. If we don't, however, then it's simply inexcusable and is proof that Bobby Kotick's warped view of profit in gaming is starting to affect Blizzard.

There IS something to be said, however, about how badly they're screwing up lore just to make flashy scenarios. As many have pointed out, on both sides, the lore is simply inconsistent with earlier canon.

What rewards? I've run it four times total and all I've seen are fireworks and a lame 3 minute cooldown mini mana bomb. The rarely obtained epic rewards? Hard to say that they're "worth it" when they're going to be replaced here in oh... a week.

I had fun the first time. Afterward, it was just a grind. Therein lies the problem, and the same problem Cataclysm had. After the first few times, there just isn't enough meat to make players care about coming back. In one or two runs it goes from "fun" to "mindless grind". Contrast that with the dungeons of mid-to-late Vanilla, BC, and even part of Wrath. Most of them were entertaining enough to not mind running over and over again with multiple alts. But in Cataclysm, and continued with this scenario, the entertainment value falls flat on its face after the first run.

If all scenarios are like this one, then it's a very poor excuse for "content" and Blizzard is likely to see the post-Cata subscription slide continue as a post-MoP subscription slide.
Horde queue-time last night... ridiculous over 25 minutes (2 minutes or less as alliance on my rogue)

As Ret with SoI turned on I was in no danger of dying pulling 2-3 groups solo while the other 2 took on other packs.

Boring. Kill orcs/humans, kill more orcs/humans, kill mini boss, etc. Alliance one was stupid...

"Jaina: go get me banners. Us: why? Jaina: don't ask just do it"

moronic
I'm glad that my wasn't glitched as I first thought.

I'm in the same boat as others that have not read the book. Putting in some lore as to why we were there would have made it so much better. If I had not looked on the web trying to find out when the event was going to happen, I would not have know that it started and that I had to choose to enter a scenario. I and some of my friends where all looking for the quest(s) that would have sent us off to battle. Instead there was nothing in game.

I am fully aware that some of the lore will be in the books, but Blizzard should have added something on this one to give some idea of what and why we were attacking.

Anyone with half a brain and any dungeon experience can run through the horde side version skipping mobs just by hugging the wall after step 2.

So you went out of your way to skip the content and then complain that it's "short."

Logic need not apply, I see.

Anyone with half a brain and any dungeon experience can run through the horde side version skipping mobs just by hugging the wall after step 2.

So you went out of your way to skip the content and then complain that it's "short."

Most of us aren't complaining that it's short... only that is mindlessly boring
As I believe I noted last night, in the very first group I was in last night, we had a wipe. Yes, a wipe. It's possible.

I and my husband, playing on an alt, were both at about 363 ilevel, so just a bit above the 353 requirement. We got grouped with a kamikaze warlock who was running way ahead of us like a spaztard, pulling huge groups of mobs and generally being a real pain. (I can only imagine what he's like in a real dungeon.) After we wiped on the big pack of trash before the gryphon boss, where there are mobs that MC and polymorph, he started screeching at us to "make ourselves useful" - he wanted me to tank (I don't have a tanking spec) among other things. We dropped group and found a guildie to run it with in a more leisurely manner, and finished it with no problem that way.

So yeah, it's not faceroll when your gear is near the cutoff point of 353.

I completely agree with the many criticisms about how players were dumped into the scenario with no introductory quest or even an explanation as to why or what we were doing, though. I've read the book, and this little scenario simply did not do that very fine story justice.

You must be really hard to please.

You must be really hard to please.

Why? Oh yes because the whole thing was kill mobs, kill mobs, kill more mobs with 0 storyline or plot. so I'M hard to please...