Theramore's Fall: Now Live for Level-85 Players

General Discussion
Prev 1 46 47 48 52 Next
I just finished the event. I have no idea why we were there in the first place. I joined with two strangers. The difficulty seemed about right, but the whole thing didn't make a lot of sense. Was the outcome supposed to be negative or something? I'm just confused.

If the quality is kinda low, I think it's OK though, since no one but avid forum readers are going to find it.

I really enjoyed the multi-stage lead up to Cataclysm. I can't wait until they do that for Mists.
Wow. Been listening to the forum trolls and figured that there was a healthy dose of "the sky is falling" going around, but now that I've finally gotten through the half hour wait and done the scenario I have to agree with them. That was terrible. No idea why I was there or what I was doing, the scenario itself managed to be both boring and confusing, and if this was supposed to be the big "atrocity that will start the War to End All Wars" then I just don't see it. We dropped a bomb on a military outpost. It happens.

At least now I've done it and I never have to do it again...
I just finished the event. I have no idea why we were there in the first place. I joined with two strangers. The difficulty seemed about right, but the whole thing didn't make a lot of sense. Was the outcome supposed to be negative or something? I'm just confused.

If the quality is kinda low, I think it's OK though, since no one but avid forum readers are going to find it.

I really enjoyed the multi-stage lead up to Cataclysm. I can't wait until they do that for Mists.

You realize they're not doing one, right? Not even trolling you. They said they won't be doing one.
Your better off getting guild wars 2. theramores fall was by far the worst thing ive ever done in wow apart from resubbing with the idea mop would grip me back into the game
I haven't been playing WoW much lately. I logged in hoping to get a MoP pre-xpac event to get me in the mood for MoP. To get excited about the new adventures ahead. To have a week of build up and anticipation to get me psyched up and ready to go.

Instead I got the Fall of Theramore scenario.

I ran it.

I logged off.

See you in a week, lets hope this isn't a sign of whats to come in MoP.
I haven't been playing WoW much lately. I logged in hoping to get a MoP pre-xpac event to get me in the mood for MoP. To get excited about the new adventures ahead. To have a week of build up and anticipation to get me psyched up and ready to go.

Instead I got the Fall of Theramore scenario.

I ran it.

I logged off.

See you in a week, lets hope this isn't a sign of whats to come in MoP.

By all accounts from the Beta Pandaland itself is pretty good. I'm just putting this down to a last gasp of Cataclysm suck-i-tude-ness.
I was so absolutely stunned with disappointment that I spent several minutes afterword staring at my computer, fighting the urge to simply get up and walk away. I barely have words to express how monumentally disappointing this "scenario" was. There was no lead up, no excitement, no feeling of urgency to go find Jaina and see if she's still alive. I kept expecting SOMETHING to happen, at any moment, something to shock me and get me revved up. I felt absolutely nothing at all. No anger or sadness at the "event" or a drive for revenge. Just nothing at all, except a sudden need to get up and walk away from WoW while letting that disappointment sink in and for m brain to kick back into gear and process the whole thing.

Blizzard, you used to be good, and then you bring us THIS and expect it to be satisfying, to get me pumped up for the expansion and angry with the Horde? Right now I feel far more angry about the plight of Southshore and Ashenvale. I was angry about Theramore a week ago, but this scenario has literally made me stop giving a damn about it.

Bioware has made some mistakes, but their games have ALWAYS made me feel something. Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age, all of them are AMAZING (yeah they dropped the ball with Mass Effect). I have such fond memories of those three games, and when I hear the music associated with them, it brings back feelings of excitement and amazement and gets my blood pumping.

This Theramore "event" is only going to evoke feelings of disappointment.
I did not like the Theramore scenario.

These are the reasons:

1. There was no explanation of what was happening.
2. My group never felt very threatened because the mobs were very easily killed. We also did not communicate whatsoever because there was no requirement to do so. My group completed the scenario without a healer and a tank.
3. When we entered, it looked like all the mobs were just wandering around doing nothing.
4. I thought we were going to fight the horde before Theramore fell, so my group entered the battle AFTER the battle and we were killing pillagers and looters. Not very epic.
5. We burned some ships so the horde couldn't escape? Burning the ships didn't make sense to me.
6. It felt like I was questing with a group of random people.
7. The cutscenes were short and not very fluid with not alot of activity.
8. When Jaina appeared right at the end she said one paragraph and then left.
9. The scenario was extremely short, boring, and a grind of horde mobs.
10. After it ended, I teleported back to Stormwind and proceeded to do what I normally do: duel, as if it never happened.

Marchisio
I try not to be negative....but I couldnt get into this expansion from the get go, and the Fall of Theramore made the color coded ending antics of Mass Effect 3 seem satisfying.

I've got high hopes for MoP, but this kinda sank my excitement.
Since I have been pondering trying to get myself into raiding and all the end game stuff, I thought I would try to do this scenario especially since I read the book and knew what would happen. Of course, I didn't realize you had to have a certain gear level and such (Again, new to this part of the game)

I cheated and watched it on Youtube from the Alliance pov since I know what was going to happen.

I don't think I missed much by not being able to run it now. From what I saw, it looked absolutely horrible and boring.
Yeah I'm really hoping they'll, April FOOL, here's the real scenario, but I don't believe that will happen, sad Blizzard, just very sad.
The only good thing about this scenario is that if I go on my tailor I get roughly 5 stacks of cloth per run.
Just a side note: it would have been nice to know about the iLevel requirement before it hit. The OP just said "for level 85 players." Had a few guildies rush to 85 to see the content, only to be stymied by iLevel. Not too much of an issue; they'll run some dungeons, but still. Next time, less misleading is good, 'kay?
I did not like the Theramore scenario.

These are the reasons:

1. There was no explanation of what was happening.
2. My group never felt very threatened because the mobs were very easily killed. We also did not communicate whatsoever because there was no requirement to do so. My group completed the scenario without a healer and a tank.
3. When we entered, it looked like all the mobs were just wandering around doing nothing.
4. I thought we were going to fight the horde before Theramore fell, so my group entered the battle AFTER the battle and we were killing pillagers and looters. Not very epic.
5. We burned some ships so the horde couldn't escape? Burning the ships didn't make sense to me.
6. It felt like I was questing with a group of random people.
7. The cutscenes were short and not very fluid with not alot of activity.
8. When Jaina appeared right at the end she said one paragraph and then left.
9. The scenario was extremely short, boring, and a grind of horde mobs.
10. After it ended, I teleported back to Stormwind and proceeded to do what I normally do: duel, as if it never happened.

Marchisio

Gotta say that is pretty close to my thoughts. I like the idea of scenarios - but they need to be better done than this one, and I hope this gets a quick revamp before MoP goes live based on some great feedback on the forums.
I didn't have any particular expectations going into the scenario but I found it to be... an odd experience. Maybe it will take a couple more runs through to figure things out, but after just going through once, I can't say that I have any idea what I was doing in this scenario and how my actions fit into the story beyond, "Hey, I'm attacking Theramore."

I asked my two random "friends" if they knew why we were in Theramore, and they said they didn't understand either. We completed a series of tasks, as described on the sidebar and displayed on the map, and then suddenly it was over.

I like the idea of scenarios (I guess?) but I hope that the others for level 90 have some in-game lead-ins to give us some context, as we typically get for dungeons.

Also, why the heck is the wait time 30 minutes if we're not waiting on a healer and tank?

Edit:
Got in instantly when queueing for a second time (woot) and as I wasn't so distracted by the mechanics of the scenario it played a bit better. To wit, I sort of understood what my mission was and how to accomplish it. But I was still left wondering, "Why here? Why now?" These are questions that need in-game answers.
I like it, for the sole reason that Jaina is MAD. She wants to really kick the Horde to the curb, and I think it's about time that happened.

And that's all I got.
In defense of the scenario, they did explain what you were doing a little and why. When you're on the boat, they give you a short explaination. Granted, it's very easy to ignore, and it doesn't explain "that" much, but it's something.
09/18/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Noitora
In defense of the scenario, they did explain what you were doing a little and why. When you're on the boat, they give you a short explaination. Granted, it's very easy to ignore, and it doesn't explain "that" much, but it's something.

That's scraping the bottom of the barrel for positives. The glaring consensus on how terrible this scenario is is all that's needed. It's like this thread can't even be trolled, the scenario is just "that" awful.

You realize they're not doing one, right? Not even trolling you. They said they won't be doing one.

That makes me a ... sad ... panda ...
lol I was under the impression the cinematic was the pre launch event :P Im so numb when it comes to WoW I dont even have the desire to QQ anymore. They know they will get my money for MoP and my sub money because drug dealers know we depend on them for our fix so they can neglect us all they want because in the end they know they have us hooked.