I didn't want a new game.- 5.0.4 Feedback

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 126 Next
Neth, thank you so much.

I have no idea how you guys manage to keep such a cool head through the waves of hateful complaints.

and...and...neth? I've been thinking about you for..for a long time and neth? y-you're amazing and neth? i just love you...
It didn't take me that long to get used to the changes on my spriest, which AoE wise they got a lot of changes.

So far I'm really really enjoying them. I feel so much more involved now, plus there's the pretty spell effects. ❤
It SO sad people feel the need to insult, belittle and deride each other because they have a differing opinion.

I would report each and every one of you in this thread, but it would be a collassal waste of my time. What a bunch of d-bags.

Hypocrisy much?
I like change, but this is way too easy. When I was choosing my talents it was a no brainer on all of them. I liked the old talent tree way more, being able to spec wrong is apart of the learning experience, which is gone now. There is no learning curve anymore, and its sad :*(
Neth, thank you so much.

I have no idea how you guys manage to keep such a cool head through the waves of hateful complaints.

and...and...neth? I've been thinking about you for..for a long time and neth? y-you're amazing and neth? i just love you...

Right back at you. ;)

Just keep it clean folks. We're not going anywhere or leaving you out on your own in the cold, with nothing but a tin can and a dream, and maybe some string so you can find someone else with a tin can...

I like change, but this is way too easy. When I was choosing my talents it was a no brainer on all of them. I liked the old talent tree way more, being able to spec wrong is apart of the learning experience, which is gone now. There is no learning curve anymore, and its sad :*(

I think you're making the same error that others are in this regard. There's going to be something to being able to switch out abilities as the situation needs. So, you may decide that a certain talent is better against one boss than another, or in PvP, or for soloing. You won't just simply set your talents and leave them for every and ever untouched because someone told you it was THE spec to be in. You'll be able to define your experience from situation to situation. I think there's a subtle sort of complexity available that many are overlooking because they just see a simple streamlined interface.

Maybe you will just set your talents and forget them, but from what I've seen in beta, it's very easy to slip into the idea of "this isn't working for me, I think I'll change it up with this instead". It's very freeing and at the same time, makes you think about things just a little more before just jumping into the fray.
It SO sad people feel the need to insult, belittle and deride each other because they have a differing opinion.

Very mature indeed. Really makes me ashamed to be a part of this "community" at times.

I would report each and every one of you in this thread, but it would be a collassal waste of my time.
What a bunch of children.

as for me...still paying, still playing, even though alot of you make me want to vomit.

Love the edit btw. Example of your typical high and mighty WoW community member.
Personally I don't care for the talent changes however I'm sure I will adjust with time.

However, people seem to completely forget about all the other completely freaking awesome changes. Aoe looting (freaking awesome), account wide mount/pets/achievement (holy freaking awesomeness), no more daily quest cap (WOW!). There are many other changes that no one is concentrating on.

There will always be changes you don't like and blizz can't please everyone.
This is my first pre-patch and it's simply too wonky for me to enjoy at the moment. New talents aren't my thing but it's not going to ruin my experience. I just feel like i'm sitting on half a game right now, sort of like having only one piece of the friendship heart necklace will the other piece comes out a month later. I'll just poke around on GW2 and hit up MoP when it releases.
What I find funny is people cry and whine this is boring, we need new stuff, i'm so bored give us new content boohooo.

Blizzard deliveries and the response:

Why all these new changes, I don't like the way the new stuff is I want it to be the way it was.

Seems you will complain no matter what you get.... new or old you just want to complain
What I find funny is people cry and whine this is boring, we need new stuff, i'm so bored give us new content boohooo.

Blizzard deliveries and the response:

Why all these new changes, I don't like the way the new stuff is I want it to be the way it was.

Seems you will complain no matter what you get.... new or old you just want to complain

The concept of differing of opinions in a giant community is new to you. Let me help you out. The same folks who wanted change are not the same folks who are complaining right now. Unless of course you've taken a spreadsheet of each poster's past positions and are here to call them out individually then ok.
I have lost faith really, they can't keep the talent same, they change it every expansion, changing the goals each time, vanilla->TBC increased the number of talents->Wrath decreased the number->Cata decreased even more->MoP exactly 6 talents. That drop in quantiy might come off as laziness to some.

Then you have gylphs which i am convince you have no idea what you want them to really do. When introduced in wrath it was a nice customization idea, then in Cata the three different kinds should have allowed for more customization but didn't and now gylphs are changed once again and the market is screwed that people can't get ready to play without a large sum of money.

Not to mention you short-changed us when it came to the world event, I dare say that this isn't the same game I started in TBC, the talents system that I felt describe the awesomeness to the game has been to reduce to something I don't feel is necessary for me to spec. You pulled the rug up from under us. Don't expect us to get used to it when the obvious flaw with the talent change is that the next expansion you will once again have to change it because with five new levels there will be no new talent because they are split up in brackets of 15 and we won't get any new talents at 95 and you will once again have to rework the system.

It is tiring to have to go through each expansion and relearn everything in the same game every time.
While I understand the point, using the Beta as an excuse that the OP should have seen the changes coming is kind of a cop out. Many players aren't aware that the Beta or PTR is a resource and even more couldn't get access to the Beta, due to it being closed. I will be the first to admit, logging in yesterday was a jarring experience.
Exactly! Especially if you have subscribed for a year! You have payed for one year lease of a new BMW and now you have to drive a used Hyundai.

This isn't a new game. It's an evolving one and much like a fine wine, we'd like to think it's only getting better with age. It's understandable though that not everyone will enjoy the changes we've made, but we'd like to hope that if they don't they'll take the time to get a good feel for the changes and go into it with an open mind. Hopefully, the next step for these people is to share their constructive feedback as always. We just released the patch after all, and we'd hope that people would give it a little time before immediately deciding they're unhappy. We are also not unaware of things that may need fixed or adjusted. Again, constructive feedback is key and we'll continue to smooth things over as quickly as possible.

Of course you're going to think it's getting better with age. Like you'd say it's getting worse?

I played with the changes all throughout Beta, I didn't like them then, this isn't my first-hand experience with them. Not everyone who dislikes the changes are hopping on the hate-train prematurely.
These kinda changes happen in every expansion.
Based on this thread I'd say you haven't experienced them
before and aren't fond of them. You'll get over it just like we
all do :)

Complete overall of ALL the classes, abilties and talent trees happens ever expansion?

nope.
I understand OP. I love this game, I really do. I want to continue to love it, I don't want to stop playing. Everyone else may turn up their nose and go 'Well just leave already' but I don't want to! I love my priest, nothing makes me happy like going out and healing my allies on her. But when I play her now I'm not happy, I don't feel excited about pushing myself to new heights and maybe achieving something new.

I, for the record, ran into the same problem on the Beta. I leveled a monk from 1 to 80, a premade Shaman to 90, and a Pally to 90. I got my priest through the first zone and stopped, because it was just saddening. I was excited for Mists, so much so that I got the annual pass and defending the new talent changes on the forums and yet, here I am now, wanting next to nothing to do with the expansion. And I hate that I feel that way. I want to enjoy the game, I want to enjoy my priest, and I want to go into the next expansion as excited as I was for Cata. I don't want to play a new game, I want to enjoy this one.