I didn't want a new game.- 5.0.4 Feedback

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 8 9 10 126 Next
TL:DR waaay to many paosts

Anyone remember Vanilla to BC?

I'm gonna quit whn BC comes out, what do you mean I have to replace my shiny epix with greens? Seems to me, same thing just years later, I believe there was learning new talents also. just been years since that came out, so kinda fuzzy there.

Improvise, Overcome, Adapt. or find a new game.

Just my 2c
Not as bad as this, losing a few thousand wouldn't be a big deal 2 or 3k but this is a slap in the face to a class that was hanging on for dear life to begin with.

Our rotation has been fine just the raw output was always a bit low but we play it because we love it. I'll give it time, I don't want to quit but the whole thing seems rotten, when we get our lvl 90 stuff it will improve the numbers no doubt, I am far more concerned with not enjoying how my class is playing anymore as a whole than just the numbers.

I am also afraid im going to be bumped from my core team because of this even for just the next month because I love raiding with them and I was at the bare minimum as it was really even with this gear.
08/29/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Nethaera
Again, if you want to share your thoughts and ideas, we're always open to what those are

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
id love to see the flying disc from the malygos fight as an obtainable mount
08/29/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Pontifex
Again, if you want to share your thoughts and ideas, we're always open to what those are

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
id love to see the flying disc from the malygos fight as an obtainable mount

OH GOD!!!!

YES PLEASE!!!!
This game is so easy now, that's why everyone is relearning their classes and figuring out new rotations and specs, experimenting with the new system, and enjoying the little quirks that come with it. GG Blizz.

Clearly, getting people "out into the world" is not the motivation. So what's the real scoop? WHY are you taking this ability out of the game? Or, rather, why are you penalizing some of the playerbase, but will not apply the same "get people out into the world" methodology across the board?

You said why they're taking it out. I don't think its a good reason and hoped they'd change their mind, but that is the reason.

Really, they don't have to explain every decision to you the way you seem to think they should. At the end of the day, it is their game, and they can change it in the way they feel is best. They actually go out of their way to communicate with us a lot; more than they really need to. They do it because they care. Yet people bash them because Blizzard doesn't do exactly what they personally want.
The only time I remember Blizzard changing something based solely on player feedback was when they decided that using real names on the forums was a bad idea, and that was probably mostly because people started posted the facebook profiles and home addresses of the one Blizzard employee naive enough to post his real name.
Just doing a quick Q/A on some posts Ive seen
Q)I am upset about the new talent system, it got dumbed down even further then it was before, I miss old wow and talents took time to craft.
A)Been there done that, time to move on, It wasnt hard anyway for me before to go online and copy/paste a talent tree for raiding or pvp, the selections now are not stat buffs now they are basically optional spell, I call it the spell tree now.
Q)This next expansion is gonna bring in so many obnoxious kids.
A) There always have been obnoxious players, I just /ignore and go on with my life, besides I play with some underage players and they are fun and quite skilled and not the least bit obnoxious
Q) I didnt want a new game
A) It isnt a new game really, WoW has been an ever changing game since Vanilla, I like to think of the changes as challenges and also as making the game more dynamic.
Q) Its only been a day and I quit WoW!
A) not even attempting your new abilities and trying to learn the changes(which may actually make your class more fun for you) and then saying your quitting WoW is basically a childlike tantrum. Get over it.
Q) The Classes are imbalanced now, WoW sucks! I hate it!
A) Of course classes are imbalanced, all your abilities have been rescaled to balance out at 90 now, not 85. Also, the PvP season is over and everyone is trying to learn the changes so expect some crazy stuff to happen
From a grumpy old vanilla vet whose SV spec sucked pretty spectacularly in DS last night, I think this is the first time I've been genuinely impressed by the talent choices available to us.

This is the first time I have looked at talents choices and been unable to decide because I wanted both. Before each fight it was interesting to try to match up talent choices with the mechanics of the fight.

Even despite the pet pathing issues that made a couple of hunter talents buggy I felt like my choices mattered right then and there. Unlike Cata, I didn't chose my spec 6 months ago and not touch it since. Ultimately I assume that I'll find an ideal selection for each fight, but for each new encounter it will be a whole new level of customization that used to require trips to the trainer and considerable time and effort putting 40 talent points into boring, often inconsequential choices.

My only personal gripe is the fact that hunters now have more buttons, not less, taking my key-bind count past 60, with at least one more on the way.

Otherwise, I'm gonna have to say that I think the devs have done a very good job with this part of the game.
TL:DR waaay to many paosts

Anyone remember Vanilla to BC?

I'm gonna quit whn BC comes out, what do you mean I have to replace my shiny epix with greens? Seems to me, same thing just years later, I believe there was learning new talents also. just been years since that came out, so kinda fuzzy there.

Improvise, Overcome, Adapt. or find a new game.

Just my 2c

Really? Come on, I remember it being a little weird, but they didn't radically overhaul game systems like they did with MOP.

This patch probably changed more core game systems than any patch that game before it.
From my experience "change" means more dollars for them...period. As a player I input hundreds of dollars every yr 6 now and we allways get this change due to ppl complaining WOW is boring. I played the Beta of MOP and loved it all but one simple thing. The change to sub. rogues is tremendous fail and we will never compete in pvp again with this talent system. Why would I change to say combat or Assass? Not my style of play, Im a one armed player (no regrets =)) and have chalenges with speed. I use a keyboard only no mouse and with the new system my speed is in jepordy of a 50% loss. With the new monks abilitys and everyone elses this would put rogues on the fence as ducks in a shooting match. I will not get the MOP exp if this system isnt changed period. Sorry no hating just cant do it, will happily play D-3 and let this game go. Thats my take Im not a whiner just voicing my concerns..TY =)
whts with the client downloader i get a client crash every time i try to download the wow client...
I understand OP. I love this game, I really do. I want to continue to love it, I don't want to stop playing. Everyone else may turn up their nose and go 'Well just leave already' but I don't want to! I love my priest, nothing makes me happy like going out and healing my allies on her. But when I play her now I'm not happy, I don't feel excited about pushing myself to new heights and maybe achieving something new.

I, for the record, ran into the same problem on the Beta. I leveled a monk from 1 to 80, a premade Shaman to 90, and a Pally to 90. I got my priest through the first zone and stopped, because it was just saddening. I was excited for Mists, so much so that I got the annual pass and defending the new talent changes on the forums and yet, here I am now, wanting next to nothing to do with the expansion. And I hate that I feel that way. I want to enjoy the game, I want to enjoy my priest, and I want to go into the next expansion as excited as I was for Cata. I don't want to play a new game, I want to enjoy this one.

That is why I don't beta anymore I did it with another game and the bugs during the beta ruined it for me.
This patch so far for my main toon has been great but then again I've been playing a pally since release I have yet to touch the mage or rogue and I still dont know why I made a druid
This is just absurd.

We understand that there are those that love and embrace change and others that don't or take a bit longer to adjust.

Are you really trying to sit here and suggest that this is a matter of "some people don't like change"? No, this is a matter of people don't like the development decisions. We want change, we have for a long time, just not the changes that you're making. There is a huge difference.

Part of the problem here, I feel, is lack of acknowledgment coming from the developers toward the part of the community that disagrees with their current vision of the game.
Chalking that up to a personality trait is really ludicrous and insulting.

For example, There was a LOT or constructive criticism about this new "talent" system and class design. Specifically that the entire system was too dumbed down and we'd really like an actual talent system. How was that taken? Clearly, we still have the same system in place.

There are a lot of little things I could say about design, but at the end of the day, as the OP said... the train goes on regardless. Sure, there may be some turns here and there .. but at the end of the day we're still on the same set of tracks.

No, it's not absurd. It's a simplification of the sentiment perhaps, but not absurd. Keep in mind, sharing constructive feedback doesn't mean that change is going to occur. It's no guarantee the developers will agree with your thoughts, but it does help shape future endeavors. Sometimes the answer is "no, we don't agree" sometimes the answer is , "interesting but we can't do that right now" and sometimes it's "good point, we should look into that." Sometimes your feedback leads us to unintended changes or bugs that need fixed. Sometimes, it's the spark of something for another time. This is why we have these conversations with you all. It may be frustrating not to see the change you want. It may be frustrating to not agree with the direction the design team is taking too and that is understandable as well.

But in the end, the development team has the health and well-being of the game as a whole in mind and we will continue to talk to you all about what those things are as much as we can. As far as developer feedback goes too, we've been sharing it on a regular basis both in these forums and on the beta forms (Ghostcrawler himself in many cases). We may not be hitting every topic you want, or telling you what you want to hear, but we haven't been avoiding these conversations. There are just a lot of conversations to be had or at least a lot of desire for conversations. In some cases, there's just not much we can say either. We sometimes just want to wait and see how something plays out before taking anything further.

(As for the avoiding profanity comment I made earlier, it was a reminder for those who have been posting other threads or are thinking of posting their own.)
08/29/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Lilwox
From my experience "change" means more dollars for them...period. As a player I input hundreds of dollars every yr 6 now and we allways get this change due to ppl complaining WOW is boring. I played the Beta of MOP and loved it all but one simple thing. The change to sub. rogues is tremendous fail and we will never compete in pvp again with this talent system. Why would I change to say combat or Assass? Not my style of play, Im a one armed player (no regrets =)) and have chalenges with speed. I use a keyboard only no mouse and with the new system my speed is in jepordy of a 50% loss. With the new monks abilitys and everyone elses this would put rogues on the fence as ducks in a shooting match. I will not get the MOP exp if this system isnt changed period. Sorry no hating just cant do it, will happily play D-3 and let this game go. Thats my take Im not a whiner just voicing my concerns..TY =)

Not only that but outside of PvP the whole rogue talent three is useless in PvE. I can take no talents and will still do as much dps as a rogue who does. That is a design flaw, and a big one at that.